Transferring files from drone
2505 7 2018-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

How hard can it be to program into the drone that if a USB cable is attached not to power on the motors or Gimble.   

If im transferring files from the drone, I got two choices only.  

Remove the memory card. Or  
connect a USB cable, removing the Gimble guard and the props and power on the drone.  

2018-9-5
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

I always remove the card, transfer speeds in the reader are much quicker than over USB

But really you'd expect the USB to provide enough power to power the controller so that you can read the files. this is how all the DIY drones work, everything is powered by the USB except the motors which motors / ESC which only power up once a battery is connected / switched on.
2018-9-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You don't need to remove the props for that.
2018-9-6
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Remove the card its faster safer and easier.
Plug it direct into computer and download files at much faster rate.
2018-9-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I put the SD card into the adaptor and place the adaptor directly into my Mac - transfers the files much faster than via the drone.
2018-9-6
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I used to transfer all the files over the USB when I started and then as I started shooting 4K all day it became to painful to wait. Pulling the SD card out and using the SD card adapter turns hours into minutes. You just have to be careful getting the card in/out of the MP.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding your concern. Unfortunately, for now, that is the only way to transfer the file by removing the Sd card from the Aircraft then insert it to the PC using a card reader and that is the safest way for you to have the original files from the SD card.
2018-9-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

I always do the same as A CW  remove card stick it in adapter away you go.
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules