1570 5 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AllDroneService
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138629 ft
United Kingdom

See below ....

It appears that the EASA is planning new limits on the noise level of drones. What is DJI doing about this, since the primary noise comes from the design of the propellers ?

===================================================
Soon Europe will have one common set of rules for drones in all Member States. After defining the key principles of the new EU regulation, European institutions are now working on the technical details to ensure safe and secure operations throughout Europe.
This is a key moment for the drone industry and for all the operators and companies benefiting from the tremendous added value drones are bringing.

Today, the drone community is endangered by a proposed noise limitation for the future C1 and C2 classes of drones, which means all drones below 4kg used for operations over or close to people.
Although the reduction of the noise emitted by drones is a legitimate objective, the values and the methodology proposed in the EU regulation appears out of touch with reality, while the impact for the industry has not been properly assessed.

Why does it matter to you?

Almost all drones on the market that belong to C1 and C2 classes do not meet the proposed limits. If this goes through, your drones will most likely not be able to comply with the regulations and soon will not be allowed to fly as you are used to. Just imagine the impact this can have on leisure use as well as conducting your business!

Sign the petition to avoid unrealistic regulations

Join the campaign and find more information here. Express your concerns and let policy makers know that responsible drone users are raising their voice in favour of realistic rules, based on scientific research.

https://engage.newmode.net/nm-letter/5971/6053
2018-9-6
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

In my opinion, a noisy UAV is a safer UAV, maybe annoying to some but being able to hear the drone gives people a heads up and keeps them aware. Stealth UAVs is not what people want flying around our neighborhoods. Even as a pilot I've had occasion when I'm heading home that the bird blends in with the hazy sky and the sound was what alerted me to it's location. I know some folks are going to scream that the bird should never be out of sight, bit it's not that hard to loose and be able to reacquire VLOS just by looking at the controller screen no matter the distance, not to mention temporary loss of signal can cause loss of location. The sound above will always be a second way to be alerted of the bird's location. The reach for a quieter UAV in my honest opinion, is not an appropriate course to follow.
2018-9-6
Use props
AllDroneService
lvl.2
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-9-6 04:26
In my opinion, a noisy UAV is a safer UAV, maybe annoying to some but being able to hear the drone gives people a heads up and keeps them aware. Stealth UAVs is not what people want flying around our neighborhoods. Even as a pilot I've had occasion when I'm heading home that the bird blends in with the hazy sky and the sound was what alerted me to it's location. I know some folks are going to scream that the bird should never be out of sight, bit it's not that hard to loose and be able to reacquire VLOS just by looking at the controller screen no matter the distance, not to mention temporary loss of signal can cause loss of location. The sound above will always be a second way to be alerted of the bird's location. The reach for a quieter UAV in my honest opinion, is not an appropriate course to follow.

Hi Mixchief, I think you are missing the point ... that Drones above a certain noise level will not be allowed to fly !
2018-9-6
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

AllDroneService Posted at 2018-9-6 04:27
Hi Mixchief, I think you are missing the point ... that Drones above a certain noise level will not be allowed to fly !

I got the point, just that in mho the are making a mistake,  it seems the sound level standard they are adopting is making most current drones illegal to fly unless they grandfather them in, and I still feel the quieter drones will make it a little less safe for pilots and public.
2018-9-7
Use props
AllDroneService
lvl.2
United Kingdom

mixchief Posted at 2018-9-7 10:23
I got the point, just that in mho the are making a mistake,  it seems the sound level standard they are adopting is making most current drones illegal to fly unless they grandfather them in, and I still feel the quieter drones will make it a little less safe for pilots and public.

Well if you are familiar with European authorities, you won't be surprised by them getting it all wrong !
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for sharing this information, we will forward this scenario to our engineers for them to be notified. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules