Does M2 OA detect the sun as an obstacle?
469 6 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft

M2 owners please try it and chime in, if you would. We thank you!
Curious if that is resolved over the Mav Pro

M@

2018-9-6
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Haven't had the issue so far, but this proves nothing yet – would have to test this near sunset, when sun is low.
2018-9-6
Use props
atercervus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

It's always been like that, when flying at sunrise/sunset times heading the sun, old Mavic was also freaking out, so it's not a new issue.
2018-9-6
Use props
Matman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 644669 ft

atercervus Posted at 2018-9-6 06:41
It's always been like that, when flying at sunrise/sunset times heading the sun, old Mavic was also freaking out, so it's not a new issue.

(not suggesting it’s a new issue, just asking if it’s resolved in M2)

Not holding my breath
2018-9-6
Use props
atercervus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084957 ft
Monaco

Matman Posted at 2018-9-6 07:47

Not holding my breath

Was about to try last night but missed the sunset, instead tried to do some twilight & night shots. Quality is a lot better during the night comparing to the original Mavic, however still barely acceptable even for Instagram...

As for the obstacle avoidance - it now senses the ground, which is a great improvement, switches on the leds being about 2.5-3m above the ground and lands with no issues (hopefully, few tries are not really representative tho), but still don't see any obstacles in front or behind.

I assume there are IR sensors on the bottom and on top which can operate at night? But only camera sensors for horizontal dimension.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out. Regarding that, we don't have any reported issue yet regarding with that concern if the Aircraft detecting the sun as an obstacle.
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Matman Posted at 2018-9-6 07:47

Not holding my breath

I don’t think it’s about resolving the issue, it’s impossible to turn the sun down, (;+), the only way would be to make sensors slightly sensitive but there may be pros and cons with that.
I can tell you that these days it is scantily reported as an issue, so maybe some improvements were made.
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules