Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Go 4 app crashes/quits - Please share your experiences
4673 28 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrosLunch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23130 ft
Canada

I have taken my new Mavic 2 Pro out three times so far, and each time, the DJI Go 4 app (v.4.3.0) has crashed/quit while the drone was in flight.

First time, the Mavic 2 Pro was in Active Track mode and the drone was following a person normally. (link to short video of a screen recording below)
I posted the following thread on this forum: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165000-1-1.html
DJI Wanda replied suggesting that I reinstall the Go 4 app, which I did.

The second time, the drone was in Point of Interest mode. I had clicked the map view and after looking at the map and clicking back to camera view, the Go 4 app crashed. (link to short video of a screen recording below)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACujkFuUJAEMTdaeNawxIxYjXerUGbpt/view?usp=sharing

The third time, the drone was in normal flight mode or POI (not sure and I don’t have a screen recording of this one). The Go 4 app crash happened only a couple minutes after starting flight when everything appeared to be functioning normally.

For the record, I was using a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the latest Android version.

There have been other posts on this forum regarding the Go 4 app crashing/quitting, so it is obviously a problem that DJI must address.

I would like to encourage anyone who has had a problem with the Go 4 app quitting, freezing or showing any signs of instability to please add your story here with detailed information about your phone or tablet, as well as what the drone and app were doing at the time of the incident. This information will be very helpful to DJI in troubleshooting the cause(s) and developing a solution.

Thank you.

2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use the different mobile device so we can check if the problem is with the device or on DJI Go 4 App. Thanks.
2018-9-7
Use props
tjalex
Captain
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing
2018-9-8
Use props
Bigz
lvl.1
France

I already had 2 crashes during the same fly, in my starting experience with MP2 + LG G6. It's scary but relaunching the app was a solution.
I will test if i have the same issue with my Galaxy Tab A 10".
2018-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No crashes, will be interesting to see if this is an android or iOS problem or both. I’m using IPhone 7.
2018-9-8
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Ive had the app just disappear to desktop once during a hyperlapse.  Loaded back up and all was fine.
2018-9-8
Use props
GrosLunch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23130 ft
Canada

I had the Go 4 app quit four times during the same flight. I was not in any Intelligent Flight Mode, just flying the drone in P mode and using my Galaxy S6. On two of those occasions when the app stopped, I was moving the joy stick on a 45 degree angle to fly in two directions at the same time, like descending and rotating at the same time.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 is one of the official phones the DJI states is compatible with the Mavic 2 / Go 4 app for Android. Can I assume that DJI has done beta testing with this phone?

DJI, can you comment?
2018-9-28
Use props
Henrijs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

Never had crashes on 27 flight hours. I have Samsung Galaxy J6.
2018-9-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No crashes when on the latest GO app version and IOS version.
2018-9-28
Use props
Sky Carrier
Captain
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

No crashes on version 4.3.3 on iOS 12.1 and iPhone 7 or iPhone X.
2018-9-28
Use props
HyLenz
First Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

No crashes. M2P up-to-date everything, Go 4.3.3 iPhone8 IOS12.0 and iPad mini4 IOS12.0
2018-9-28
Use props
EASIND1
New

I am less than impressed DJI the new Mavic 2 pro i was hopping would work better than my old Mavic but no its worse. The App crashes more time times than it works on My S8+ I have tried all the debugging fixes shut every other app down this helps but god forbid the phone rings and I look back up to find the drone gone. People have spent billions of dollars buying your products the least you could do is listen to the feedback and fix your app for android my S6,7, and now 8 all crashed my tablet crashed not everyone wants to have to use a Iphone to fly and if that's what it comes down to I would rather not fly and buy your products. I will be doing a segment on my You Tube channel on how bad things have gotten the bigger you get. Maby we can get people to think twice about buying your products and you will spend some of that money on fixing the issues....
2018-9-28
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

I have tried all the debugging fixes shut every other app down this helps but god forbid the phone rings

Rule #1 - Always put your phone into Airplane mode when flying

No crashes/disconnects in 9 months, 1 battery error recently. Lenovo Tab3-8PLUS
2018-9-28
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Are using the bottom USB port on the controller and  is your phone set to Airplane mode ? The app will also run smoother if you turn off video cache to your phone.
2018-9-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Samsung S6 should not be capable of running DJI GO 4, I use an S7. I don't recall how much RAM your device has, but it appears at least 4GB of RAM is what you need to be safe?
2018-9-28
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
United States

My Motorola NEXUS 6  Pure Android with 3 GB Ram works fine with no crashes.
2018-9-28
Use props
Kingram
First Officer
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-28 19:23
The Samsung S6 should not be capable of running DJI GO 4, I use an S7. I don't recall how much RAM your device has, but it appears at least 4GB of RAM is what you need to be safe?

The Samsung S6 has 3 GB of Ram.
2018-9-28
Use props
forager3215
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230951 ft

I have the Samsung s7 and the go4 app has closed on me several times as the phones starts to heat up from use.
2018-9-28
Use props
Moritz Küng
lvl.1

Switzerland

The app is just a f***ing mess! It is not working properly on Android. I had a Huawei Nova and was not even able to get a connection to the drone. The support told me that the phone was not supported. Now I bought a Honor 10, which is offically supported and it is still not working... Not even a connection to the drone.
2018-9-29
Use props
Todd Harper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 180669 ft
United States

No crashes after 45+ flights. Running on IOS
2018-9-29
Use props
fansa5d77f51
New

United States

My phone rebooted twice while M2P was in flight. iphone 6 plus.
2018-12-5
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Moritz Küng Posted at 9-29 00:23
The app is just a f***ing mess! It is not working properly on Android. I had a Huawei Nova and was not even able to get a connection to the drone. The support told me that the phone was not supported. Now I bought a Honor 10, which is offically supported and it is still not working... Not even a connection to the drone.

I keep reading these horror stories of app crashes; mostly with android users.  As much as I dislike Apple products, this is about the only reason I still use an iphone.  DJI appears to design their applications to work better with Apple products.  If this is true then they need to be sued for such practices, while still proclaiming that the app works with both types of devices.  I really want to purchase a Note 8 but........
2018-12-5
Use props
Steve S.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19843 ft
Germany

Had two crashes during my first flights today. I was flying manually. The first time, the drone was like 300 meters away. The app jumped back in automatically after a while. The second time, I noticed that I still had control over it after the app crashed. Sweat ...

Android version 6.0 Marshmellow on LG-G4. Drone, controller, batteries: all updated and newest firmware.
2019-4-19
Use props
Malibu Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

fansa5d77f51 Posted at 2018-12-5 13:40
My phone rebooted twice while M2P was in flight. iphone 6 plus.

This is the first I've heard of a problem on an IOS device.  My backup phone is an iPhone 6 plus with no cell or data service and no issues so far.
2019-4-19
Use props
Malibu Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143898 ft
United States

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-28 19:23

That's good to know.
2019-4-19
Use props
mglovik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1521900 ft
United States

I upgraded to a new Samsung S10 from iPhone X and having no issues at all. S8 also works great. If you don't want to downgrade back to iPhone you could always get an iPad mini or a cheap iPhone 8 off craigslist just for the controller. As basic as they are, they have many less moving parts so they run the software better. :-)
2019-7-8
Use props
Deadtillten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14232 ft

United Kingdom

I flew with a DJI smart controller and Mavic 2 Pro over the Christmas period and during 3 shortish flights the Go 4 app crashed about 5 times. Worrying.
2020-1-5
Use props
Deadtillten
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14232 ft

United Kingdom

Sorry forgot to mention it was in continuous P mode and just videoing the scenery.   Surely this can't be a ram issue or can it ?
2020-1-5
Use props
MacCool
lvl.4

United States

DJI Go 4 crashes on my Smart Controller routinely. Those crashes are rare on my iPhone.
2020-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules