TB 55 batteries
1509 6 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cogburne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25479 ft
United States

I have 6 TB55 batteries that suddenly expanded (see picture) and are now difficult to slide on and off the aircraft. Anyone else have this issue?
IMG_5937.JPG
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cogburne, sorry to see this, may I know whether these batteries are stored for a long time or you use them a lot? Is it very hot in your location? How did you charge them?
2018-9-7
Use props
Cogburne
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-7 00:01
Hi Cogburne, sorry to see this, may I know whether these batteries are stored for a long time or you use them a lot? Is it very hot in your location? How did you charge them?

They are used occasionally (public safety application). No heavy use. It gets over 100 degrees here, but they aren't stored in excessive temperatures.  They have only been charged with the DJI charging hub.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cogburne Posted at 2018-9-7 04:56
They are used occasionally (public safety application). No heavy use. It gets over 100 degrees here, but they aren't stored in excessive temperatures.  They have only been charged with the DJI charging hub.

This issue will be forwarded to our engineers, may I verify if these batteries are still the warranty period? What is the firmware version? Could you please PM me the serial number of these batteries? Thank you.
2018-9-8
Use props
Cogburne
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-8 00:44
This issue will be forwarded to our engineers, may I verify if these batteries are still the warranty period? What is the firmware version? Could you please PM me the serial number of these batteries? Thank you.

Message sent. Please confirm receipt.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cogburne Posted at 2018-9-8 12:07
Message sent. Please confirm receipt.

PM has been received, thank you.
The issue has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, but we will need the picture of the battery from the front, the screenshot of the battery settings in the APP and the flight data (please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2, press 'Data Upload' and then export the data to the local, upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here if possible).
Could you please PM me your email account which you are used to contact our support?
2018-9-9
Use props
Cogburne
lvl.1
United States

So after submitting all of the required data to DJI they won't make it right. "Warranty for the M200 battery either the TB50 or the TB55 is only up until 6 mos."

The batteries were not abused, charged only with DJI equipment, stored as per DJI's specifications, and all failed at the 1 year mark. "What we would suggest instead is to purchase a new one."

So I am supposed to replace $2,500 worth of batteries and see if it happens again in a year? Horrible customer service DJI, horrible.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules