Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please help! I was accused of fraud by ebay seller
5103 10 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
railgrab
lvl.1

United States

I'm looking for help, please!  I bought a used Mavic Pro Platinum on ebay from a company which sells thousands of cameras, drones, and accessories.  Inside the Platinum's box was a broken Mavic Pro (non-platinum) instead.  The seller has accused me of switching the drone, when I'm actually the one being scammed here.  The seller is in the New York/New Jersey area.  Is it possible to tell where a drone was activated by its serial number?  Any information regarding the following 2 serial numbers could really help me, thank you.
MPP #08QCF6DP122VK7 , MP# 08QDE2801203PT.  My email is soundkite@yahoo.com
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello Railgrab. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the drone that you have purchased from eBay. Upon checking the serial numbers that you have provided. I can give the activation date information of both drones. For the MPP # 08QCF6DP122VK7 this drone was activated last July 22, 2018 and for the MP# 08QDE2801203PT this drone was activated last March 05, 2017. I hope that information can help you.
2018-9-6
Use props
railgrab
lvl.1

United States

Thank you and VERY interesting that the MPP which I was supposed to receive was activated on July 22, ONLY 2 weeks before I purchased it from The Pixel Hub on ebay on August 8th.  I think DJI may find it interesting to note the individual who activated this drone 08QCF6DP122VK7, as this is almost certainly the person who either stole it or connected to the seller, especially if this person is anywhere near the New York/New Jersey area.
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

railgrab Posted at 2018-9-6 13:55
Thank you and VERY interesting that the MPP which I was supposed to receive was activated on July 22, ONLY 2 weeks before I purchased it from The Pixel Hub on ebay on August 8th.  I think DJI may find it interesting to note the individual who activated this drone 08QCF6DP122VK7, as this is almost certainly the person who either stole it or connected to the seller, especially if this person is anywhere near the New York/New Jersey area.

Thank you for the additional information. I will be forwarding this issue to the proper department for us to check on this matter. If you have any other concerns please feel free to contact DJI support. We are here to help you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Any update on this? Been curious to know where it all went.
2018-9-20
Use props
railgrab
lvl.1

United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-20 10:47
Any update on this? Been curious to know where it all went.

Thanks for asking.  I'll be posting a thorough story soon, but suffice to say that The Pixel Hub accepted my returned drone, continued to accuse me of swapping it for a different one, then kept a $417 "Restocking Fee".  I've compiled extensive evidence which shows that The Pixel Hub is the same operation as SSE Photo & Video, a DJI AUTHORIZED RESELLER, as well as operating under multiple other fictitious business names.  Though I don't know what contractual agreements are made with DJI resellers, I suspect that this outfit may be getting its merchandise via SSE and then selling via other business names to avoid obligations such as minimum pricing.  For example, when I search eBay for "DJI goggles", the #1 "sponsored" listing is The Pixel Hub's  "new condition" goggles for $295, and they've sold 61 of them.  I sure hope DJI realizes the harmful ramifications of partnering with such businesses.  For example, SSE Photo & Video sells on Walmart.com, where 10 OUT OF 34 of SSE's reviews are 1 out of 5 stars!!!  That doesn't even include all the 2 or 3 star ratings.  The Pixel Hub also sells via Walmart.com and has it's own 17 out of 68 one star reviews.  BTW, if you're reading this DJI, it's also quite likely that your relationship is with Power Photo Corp, as they appear to be the only business in the circle which is not a fictitious business name.  These are all businesses which operate out of New Jersey (or New York).
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

railgrab Posted at 2018-9-20 22:28
Thanks for asking.  I'll be posting a thorough story soon, but suffice to say that The Pixel Hub accepted my returned drone, continued to accuse me of swapping it for a different one, then kept a $417 "Restocking Fee".  I've compiled extensive evidence which shows that The Pixel Hub is the same operation as SSE Photo & Video, a DJI AUTHORIZED RESELLER, as well as operating under multiple other fictitious business names.  Though I don't know what contractual agreements are made with DJI resellers, I suspect that this outfit may be getting its merchandise via SSE and then selling via other business names to avoid obligations such as minimum pricing.  For example, when I search eBay for "DJI goggles", the #1 "sponsored" listing is The Pixel Hub's  "new condition" goggles for $295, and they've sold 61 of them.  I sure hope DJI realizes the harmful ramifications of partnering with such businesses.  For example, SSE Photo & Video sells on Walmart.com, where 10 OUT OF 34 of SSE's reviews are 1 out of 5 stars!!!  That doesn't even include all the 2 or 3 star ratings.  The Pixel Hub also sells via Walmart.com and has it's own 17 out of 68 one star reviews.  BTW, if you're reading this DJI, it's also quite likely that your relationship is with Power Photo Corp, as they appear to be the only business in the circle which is not a fictitious business name.  These are all businesses which operate out of New Jersey (or New York).

I appreciate the additional information that you have give. I have already forwarded this issue to the proper department for us to check on this issue. Again I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2018-9-21
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

Credit Card Company and Paypal claims are always good to open ... and eBay itself if available.

Nigel
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

railgrab Posted at 2018-9-6 13:55
Thank you and VERY interesting that the MPP which I was supposed to receive was activated on July 22, ONLY 2 weeks before I purchased it from The Pixel Hub on ebay on August 8th.  I think DJI may find it interesting to note the individual who activated this drone 08QCF6DP122VK7, as this is almost certainly the person who either stole it or connected to the seller, especially if this person is anywhere near the New York/New Jersey area.

Hello there. We sent you a PM regarding this matter. Please check it once you have the chance. Thank you.
2018-10-1
Use props
Jim Vanderslice
New
Flight distance : 1429222 ft
United States

THE PIXEL HUB IS A RIP OFF 
THEY HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF SENDING OUT BROKEN AND SOMETIMES STOLEN PRODUCTS, CLAIMING THEY ARE IN WORKING ORDER
THIS IS THEIR CRIMINAL STRATEGY AT MAKING PROFIT, BY SELLING BROKEN AND STOLEN PRODUCTS

THEY ARE A CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE, DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS, AND DO NOT LET THEM OFF THE HOOK SINCE THEY OBVIOUSLY SOLD YOU A BROKEN LENS ON PURPOSE

BUYER BEWARE OF THESE FRAUDS
2019-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jim Vanderslice Posted at 4-28 02:27
THE PIXEL HUB IS A RIP OFF 
THEY HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF SENDING OUT BROKEN AND SOMETIMES STOLEN PRODUCTS, CLAIMING THEY ARE IN WORKING ORDER
THIS IS THEIR CRIMINAL STRATEGY AT MAKING PROFIT, BY SELLING BROKEN AND STOLEN PRODUCTS

Hi Jim, thanks for your feedback, may we have the website of The Pixel Hub? What is your experience with them? More details would be appreciated.
2019-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules