Disappointed in Mavic 2 feature set
1045 5 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lance Brown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646014 ft
United States

Maybe it's my failure in thinking that the Mavic 2 would build on the features already in the Mavic Pro.  But minus the improved camera and vision improvements, it's lacking in several areas.Missing ..
Precision Landing
Terrain Follow
Fixed-Wing
Waypoints (coming soon) I fear that could be next year.  My Phantom 2 Vision let me set waypoints without having to fly them first.
Gesture control
DJI Assistant 2 is very limited

[size=12.4729px]Precision Landing

2018-9-6
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I think you are not alone in thinking the MP2 would build on the MP1 feature set. Alas, we'll have to wait and see if some of these things come back over time.
2018-9-6
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Some of it like waypoints are coming and some like gesture controls won’t make it I’m afraid.
But who needs them honestly?
I have a spark and I never even tried the gesture controls.
I think it’s a silly gimmick and I don’t want to look like a crazy person waving his arms around
I prefer much more precise control with the remote than jumping up and down figuring out why it won’t  do what I tell it to do.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for about this some features were removed due to unknown reason at the moment, however, rest assured we will improve our app to provide better service. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>

Personally I think it has improved on almost all the important features.
Bitrate (compression)
Dynamic range
Noise
Flight time (a little)
Stability
Gimbal design

I really don't think the things you mentioned are important (at least not to me)
Precision Landing - Never bothered, I land myself
Terrain Follow - Never bothered, I fly myself.
Fixed-Wing - Never bothered, I take footage with my drone.
Waypoints (coming soon) I fear that could be next year.  My Phantom 2 Vision let me set waypoints without having to fly them first. -This will come, but I never use it.
Gesture control - Who cares about that? It is more of a gimmick. You fly with a remote and device if you are interested in flying and taking footage.
DJI Assistant 2 is very limited - I can't comment on that, never needed it.

The only drawback I see is the lack of portrait mode (I use that all the time for panorama's)
2018-9-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-6 14:17
Hi, Sorry for about this some features were removed due to unknown reason at the moment, however, rest assured we will improve our app to provide better service. Thank you for understanding.

My major concern is the lack of Cinema4K. I mean, we are supposed to see "The Bigger Picture" here, and then DJI lower the resolution? Even the old P3 Pro have C4K, the older Mavics, Inspires etc. The Mavic is about photography and filming, and the Mavic 2 Pro with the Hasselblad camera should be a major leap forward, but they give it less resolution than the older Mavic and it's competitors.

I don't care much about precision landing, Fixed wing. I just want the Mavic 2 Pro to not have a crippled resolution (it is technically able to use C4K and more), so it fits in the cinema workflow with my other, older DJI drones that have no issues with C4K.
2018-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules