Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro + Goggles RE = Signal Short?
2821 27 2018-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
Flight distance : 530614 ft
United States

Got the goggles today.  Used twice.  Both times I have had signal drop out far sooner than the remote usually does.  When this happens of course the video drops out.  If I do not act soon, the automatic return home will function.  That would not be good in some conditions.  I was under the impression from other posts on the forum that the goggles are essentially linked to the controller, (although we "link" the goggles to the drone) thus providing the same range.  This must obviously not be the case.  When the connection drops out, I have turned the goggles off and signal resumes properly to the remote and phone.  There is no signal reduction shown in the UI icon that says, "You are getting close to getting a low signal be careful."  it just gets choppy then the screen goes greyscale.  What is happening here?  The manual does not indicate a need for the pagota attachment since this is a dedicated DJI connection.  Is this a bug or really the by design limitations?

Thanks folks.

The Weapon Analyst
2018-9-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i learned hard way too, not going to get nearly the same receiving range as do on the controller to phone/tablet.  in theory you should get same range or maybe even better because headband is higher up, but in practice some limitation internally either software or hardware or combination of the two.    even over open water :/   open water, maybe 2.0 miles where as my phone + remote manage little over 3 miles (before low battery RTH forces me back).. even one run where got half the range about 1.5 miles before headset dropped sync and refused to reconnect.  my iPhone + remote stayed connected the 3+ miles..
2018-9-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know if the firmware of your DJI Goggles is updated to the latest version? Please make sure to have the latest firmware on Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Goggles to avoid any issue. Thank you.
2018-9-6
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
United States

All components are running the latest and greatest software releases.
2018-9-6
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
United States

I am only getting about 400-500 meters.  That is what I mean by far less range.
2018-9-6
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

Your not alone, mine is the same. I have been told that DJI is aware of the problem and is working on a solution.
2018-9-6
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
United States

Well that is some good news.  I was thinking that was how they operated and was getting disappointed.  If it is a software issue, I can live with that.  But I should not have to for very long.  Right DJI?

Where is the fix?
2018-9-7
Use props
fans3128844b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508028 ft

I have the same issue. Very disappointed in my purchase of DJI Goggles with the Mavic 2 Pro. Maybe we can get an official word from DJI on this issue?
2018-9-7
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
United States

So I have started using the pagoda antenna.  I get better range.  About 800m, but is still a far cry short of the remote’s range.  I hope this is a software issue only...
2018-9-8
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
  • >>>

I expect it is a software issue. My goggles RE work perfectly with a Mavic Pro out to 20K+ feet.
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think that DJI will fix this in the future updates.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-8
Use props
thejesterbot
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here... DJI asked me to return my goggles, although I was fairly certain it is just a firmware issue.  Eagerly waiting on word, and like others, disappointed that these issues weren't sorted out pre-release, especially considering how they marketed the combo.
2018-9-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is disappointing, hopefully this will be worked out before I order the MP2.
There's no issues with the original MP and Re's connection.
2018-9-18
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
United States

DJI. Any news on this incident?
2018-9-19
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

Has anyone tried RC  to  Goggles by  micro-usb wire?  As the Spark does...
Referring to M2
Mine came yesterday  RE.
This weekend predicted to 77. First day of autumn. 9-22-18
2018-9-20
Use props
Weapon Analyst
lvl.3
United States

byhead Posted at 2018-9-20 02:58
Has anyone tried RC  to  Goggles by  micro-usb wire?  As the Spark does...
Referring to M2
Mine came yesterday  RE.

I have not.  Let me know if you get anything of interest please.
2018-9-20
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
  • >>>

Some people say that they do not have a problem. I'm not sure if they just don't fly at distance or really do not have a problem. Had a guy call me yesterday to tell me there was no problem with the goggles. When I asked him how far away he flew, he said "pretty far". Hopefully new firmware will arrive and fix the range issue.
2018-9-21
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

55 yards to a football kicker is "pretty far!"  however 7000 feet is not very far for an AN-225!
Now i am wondering if i shut down go4 while goggles RE are in control??
Either she flies farther or RTH! I do believe DJI engineers will fix the issue.
OR i have a nice set of goggles to watch u tub.e vids on my PC! AND
can hdmi input for my Yunny Typhoon H....
2018-9-25
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

Sayeth HE ^^^^^ who owns:
Mav2Pro
Mav1Pro
Mav1platinum
Spark
Tello
Typhoon - H
8 RC Helicopters, some nitro, some Electric!  Oh MY...
2018-9-25
Use props
Andrew EF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3151388 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My M2P and Goggles RE arrive Thursday Sept 4th. I hope the distance issue is fixed real soon!
DJI? Are you hearing all this?
Any idea when we’ll see a fix or what the problem is with the M2 that’s causing the issue? If it’s just a firmware update I can live with that for a few weeks.
2018-10-1
Use props
Faraon
New
  • >>>
Mexico

I have the same problem, Is there any solution?
2019-1-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-4
Use props
Mavical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks

2019-3-3
Use props
Atticus F
lvl.1
United States

Just got mine a few days ago. Had same issues with RE/MP2 combo.  Found this thread.  Will be returning to Amazon since it's apparently not getting fixed.
2019-3-22
Use props
Anubis-Prime
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446562 ft
Hungary

I have the same issue ! Hopeless
2019-5-12
Use props
Bogdanel
lvl.1
Romania

Is this happening only with RE goggles or with both versions ? Thanks
2019-5-31
Use props
Porktree
Captain
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's another thread.  DJI essentially admits some goggles have issues, and that goggles made after 2/19 are fine.
2019-5-31
Use props
Bogdanel
lvl.1
Romania

Thanks mate, very useful ! So the problem is related only to RE. The standard ones (white) work as expected.
2019-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules