Phantom 2 + won't start ??
1684 15 2015-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harry175b
New

United Kingdom

I'm having trouble starting my drone its all updated all  calibrated  etc I can start it in ground station than take control back and all works ??
2015-5-29
Use props
gasquetmike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1546834 ft
United States

If your just learning how to fly i wouldn't do anything with ground station. Ive been flying for 4 months and have never even considered it. Your question is kind of confusing, you say you cant start your phantom but then you say you can start it in ground station?
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Harry,

I'm with Gas, I'm not sure what you're asking. Make sure you are very familiar with the bird before you start messing around with Ground Station. It's a great module but you need to be very familiar with the craft before you deploy it. What exactly is your question?

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
harry175b
New

United Kingdom

gasquetmike@gma Posted at 2015-5-30 00:48
If your just learning how to fly i wouldn't do anything with ground station. Ive been flying for 4 m ...

Im not just starting out I've had it a few months I can't start the  Motors  With the controller I can start the drone in ground station and than flick the gps  down and than back up and I have full control I don't get it
2015-5-29
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

In Ground Station you can just hit Go and the Phantom will start the motors and take off, I guess the OP is not sure about the CSC Cross Sticks Command used to start and stop the motors normally.
It the Transmitter is not calibrated properly it can sometimes be hard to do the CSC.
More info from the OP is needed on what they are doing
2015-5-29
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I saw a video that said if you don't flip it into atti following a waypoint run, it won't start the next time. I've never used ground station so I have no first hand experience but it's worth a try to flip it.
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-30 01:55
I saw a video that said if you don't flip it into atti following a waypoint run, it won't start the  ...

Andrea,

You know my crack was a joke right? It was a take off on our cracks about the old TV shows we use to watch. I've got two daughters and I wish they'd want to fly drones with me but I can't get them interested. Hey while I've got you on the hook, can I ask what camera setting you are using on your P3 and what I might want to change? You seem as though you're much better educated than me. I can't seem to get it. I'm not at all educated on photo/video stuff. If I leave it on the defaults it seems to change dramatically depending on where I am with respect to the sun. If I change to the settings that the "experts" suggest I get a super flat video requiring "expert" post-processing. I'm just looking for some decent quality videos for family and friends. I can do a little post-processing but as soon as I start down that road I'm looking for noting short of perfection and quite honestly I don't want to go there. Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Jerry
2015-5-29
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-30 02:17
Andrea,

You know my crack was a joke right? It was a take off on our cracks about the old TV show ...

Hi Jerry

Do you mean the crack about be being a gal?
lt's been a loooooong time since l've been called a girl, more like an old bird.

l seem to be experimenting the same way you are with the pictures and video. Actually l only take video and take screen captures of anything l like. l tried auto and got the same results when changing from sun to shade - a huge colour change. So l'm kind of where you're at, shooting in LOG and keeping it bland and trying my hand at editing. l have to say l'm doing a lousy job at it too!! l don't know anything about it so my final product never seems to be what l want.

l love this guy's videos, he's very clear and shows what he's talking about as he moves along (in a sexy French accent):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyaDDjiNgWX-uRXOx6LPsYQ

l try to copy what he does, though not very well.
Let me know when you learn new tricks and tips so l can give them a try too.

Andrea.
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-5-30 07:24
Hi Jerry

Do you mean the crack about be being a gal?

Andrea,

I'm old too. Part of the cycle of life I guess. Ain't nobody calling me a boy these days. Sexy to you maybe, doesn't do much for me. That's what I'm talking about though, I didn't really want to get that deep into the editing process. Quite frankly, I hate it. Love to fly, love to video, hate to edit and upload. Shows in this clip with my P2: Hours of prep, lot's of fun flying through 5 batteries, then spending 4-5 hours editing (just cutting and splicing, no real "editing") and uploading. Not quite what I was expecting. Now with the upgraded camera and 4k shooting, seems more of a hassle. Especially with 4-5GB video files. I played with the real "editing" stuff yesterday with Cyberlink Power Director and it just made my head hurt. I'm sure the capability is there for some sort of standard setting but it's certainly not the defaults. Guess we'll just have to figure it out as we go. I do appreciate your input. you seem quite knowledgeable. Thanks for the post back.

Jerry

(I hate this embedded video crap! Why can't we just have a YouTube link?!)
2015-5-29
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Jerry.
Let me know how you make out with CyberLink!
I purchased it also but have been immersed in work (have to pay bills to!).,and have not had much screen time lately...
CyberLink seem to have a ton of YouTube "how to's" and they seem to get quite good feedback, sure you will find your way through it!..and please let me know how you like the P3, I have that target in sight, just have not pulled the trigger!...
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-5-30 12:54
Jerry.
Let me know how you make out with CyberLink!
I purchased it also but have been immersed in wo ...

North,

You're still alive! How's your world? Hit me on the other side. I'm really not digging the editing stuff. I've got a lot more respect for the "experts". I'm figuring out the program but not the artistry or creativity. Some of these folks (guys and thankfully gals) are serious artists. I'll never reach that pay grade but I'm listening to them. Hey, I think we're starting to become old timers here. Gerry barely pops his head out. He reminds me of the gopher in the old Bill Murray movie. I'm having a brain fart, can't remember the name. He pops his head up every now and again, helps someone out, then he's gone like the wind. The drive-in must be keeping him busy.  Chris is doing some great videos with Dozbot and a lot of new guys are showing up. We're fading into the sunset already. As it should be, things are going to explode soon as real competition comes about. It's time for the kids to take over. I just wish they'd RTFM first! Glad to see you poking around North. Hit me on the other side if you get the inkling.
Jerry

2015-5-29
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-30 13:26
North,

You're still alive! How's your world? Hit me on the other side. I'm really not digging the  ...

Caddyshack.  "Great movie" I'm still alive.  I presented 1 video after dark at the Drive In to answer someone's question on night capabilities of the camera and it was deleted by the higher ups with the excuse "it doesn't conform to the forum theme".  So, let THEM answer the questions.
2015-5-29
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-5-30 13:58
Caddyshack.  "Great movie" I'm still alive.  I presented 1 video after dark at the Drive In to answ ...

Right, Caddyshack! Glad you're still out there. Unfortunately, they don't answer many questions.

Jerry
2015-5-30
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-30 20:06
Right, Caddyshack! Glad you're still out there. Unfortunately, they don't answer many questions.

Now all they do is argue.

Extra Battery shipment?

check it out.
2015-6-2
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-6-3 03:48
Now all they do is argue.

Extra Battery shipment?

Gerry,

I'm still waiting for 3 of them from a dealer, bought and paid for upfront on May 17th through PayPal. I emailed to ask when I might expect delivery. They promptly emailed me back and said they were going to start shipping them out in the first week of June on a first in first out basis but they'd be happy to cancel my order if I'd prefer! Still no date, guess I'll see if I get anything by the 2nd week of June. I'll be so very happy when "real" customer service is forced upon this industry and they have to go out and create sales and take care of customers to stay in business.

Jerry

(Good to see you around again!)
2015-6-2
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

harry175b@aol.c Posted at 2015-5-30 00:58
Im not just starting out I've had it a few months I can't start the  Motors  With the controller I ...

Harry, did you ever figure this out? CSC? Both sticks down and in ....or out?
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules