Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I think there is something wrong with my Mavic Camera
784 8 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcins91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1117556 ft
Poland

Hello,
I noticed that every move I record is not that good quality as movies on YT (I had a few raw files from other Mavic Users).
I want to do test and give you to tell me is there is somethign wrong or Am I doing somethign wrong. Sometimes is noisy, sometimes not looking ogod at all even in 4K , I can't even get results near the videos on YT .
I tried to recolrd in D-log / normal  with diffrenet styles , that +1 sharpness suggestins that people are saying.
Can anyone tell my that sample files should I record excaly. (what colors / styles) I can prepare as many files you want with diffrent white balance on manual and auto settings.
Thanks for help .

2018-9-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13395489 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Most videos on youtube have been edited before uploading. I personally only shoot videos on vivid with sharpness at 0 and if i need to upload i edit with premier first but mostly just touch on shadows and saturation
2018-9-7
Use props
Nspire Aviation
lvl.1
Flight distance : 563182 ft

what kind of system are you editing on? maybe its not necessarily the mavic but the post viewing system
2018-9-7
Use props
Hellsgate
Captain
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I would start out with you settings at posibly 2.7k video cinelike auto mode for your videos. That way even a relatively low powered computer should be able to process it with ease, once you get your quality up a bit you can play around with a few settings. If that fails just try reseting the camera settings back to defaults this usually gives a very good quality video.
For your photos leave the white balance on auto to start with set your image size to 4:3 this is the highest quality image. You can set the file type to either raw or jpg you should get good quality in both formats, however once you get things sorted out then switching this to raw image gives far more scope to play with the image in post production.
If you can please post some samples of what you have so we can better understand what might be going on, also a screen shot of your current settings would also help us to help you.
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Can you please provide me a photo showing the issue? So we can check it on our end. Thank you.
2018-9-7
Use props
Marcins91
lvl.3
Poland

Hello again, It took me a while but I have test files. They don't look so bad , sun was direcly behind me. But Even after little coloring etc. in premiere pro , they are far away from what I can see on some ppl yt video's. Maybe someone could test it for me, or it is just me and I'm looking for excuse to sell my 1yers old mavic pro to buy Mavic Pro 2   .
Here's videos:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApT8s3rRAP9G41QVVngeo-DUKFN6
No ND filter, Auto exposure settings EV 0.0 , white balance set to 5600 K
Folder 0 (style 0/0/0) - 4 files with diffrenet color (Truecolor, Normal, D-Log, D-cinelike)
Folder +1 (style +1/0/0) - 4 files with diffrenet color (Truecolor, Normal, D-Log, D-cinelike)  
folder +1.-1.-1 (style +1/-1/-1) - 4 files with diffrenet color (Truecolor, Normal, D-Log, D-cinelike)  
and 2 test videos with diffrent look , both recorder in D-log (style +1/-1/-1 witch is most recomended style from what i could find on yt tutorials)
I have ND filders but I forgot to take them with me for this test. Maybe I'm doing something wrong to get better results then that.
Photos from mavic are very good, as you can see in exaple below.
2018-9-9
Use props
Flybee
Captain
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I think they are overexposed. (especially when you turn around to the direction of the sun).

There is a little problem with the MP1 and that is that the "noise" reduction is connected to the sharpness setting ==> setting sharpness to low introduces some noise.
In this kind of areas with a lot of pine trees that are so dark in them self you loose detail and get noise. Not your fault.
D-log is a "flat" format i.e. it requires POST processing to get colors and contrast etc etc. Compare it to your photo here where you have a lot of colors, It can have more colors I would say but it shows that the camera works ok I would say.

I would try 3 things if I was in your shoes.

1. Switch to D-Cinelike, set style to +1 0 0 Or even go to +1 -1 -1
2. Try AUTO mode to fix the exposure thing. The reason for this now is that "we" don't care about shutter speed and thing like that in this first phase
3. Set WB to "the current condition i.e. a cloudy day set it to cloudy etc.

Then upload a new sample so we can check it out.

The example in the link below is D-Cinclike Style +1 0 0 (ND Filter 32 and manual mode, the last two things are not important at the moment just for your information)

https://forum.dji.com/thread-165252-1-1.html

Next thing, YT have there own compression of videos so you have to be really careful how you handle YT.
Does it look good on your screen?

Good luck.
2018-9-10
Use props
Marcins91
lvl.3
Poland

Hello,
I did some quick videos for you
All 3 was shoted at WB - cloudy , Auto exposure , d-cinelike colors with 3 different styles : -1/0/0 , 0/0/0 and +1/0/0
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApT8s3rRAP9G6ElrBxHubkm0TLbH

I had no time lately to do some more, I can provide extra footage on saturday if u want me to test something.
2018-9-13
Use props
Marcins91
lvl.3
Poland

Few New files :
https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApT8s3rRAP9G6FxV2Ju2icQUdRXF
White Balance - Sunny
ISO 100, 1/120s
12 files with +1/0,0 , 0/0/0 and -1/0/0 all colors
And 4 files with +1/-1/1 different colours