17749 16 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shrek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61316 ft
United Kingdom

Hello DJI

I have recently purchased a osmo 2 mobile to go with my note 9 and am having issues getting it balanced..

The note 9 screen size is 6.4 inches

I have also noticed when auto calibrating the gimbal through the app it is catching/smacking  on the Bottom of the phone holder so therefore it can’t complete a calibration due to an obstruction

I presume the note 9 is too big for the osmo 2 mobile?
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_qMPBiuC27MlC
New

Iraq

I have the same problem with my note9 please find solution thank
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly check our recommended devices below for Osmo mobile 2.
These are the list of devices that have been tested and approved by our engineers for your Osmo mobile 2. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_UNfjRRbGOjTX
New
New Zealand

It's fine just extend the arm when you use it. My note 9 works great with osmo 2.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_UNfjRRbGOjTX Posted at 2018-9-9 00:41
It's fine just extend the arm when you use it. My note 9 works great with osmo 2.

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion for using the Note 9. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-9
Use props
fami_x105
New
Malaysia

djiuser_UNfjRRbGOjTX Posted at 2018-9-9 00:41

Can you properly balance your note 9 like in the video? Mine is still a bit heavy on one side.

2018-9-14
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-8 03:46
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly check our recommended devices below for Osmo mobile 2.
These are the list of devices that have been tested and approved by our engineers for your Osmo mobile 2. Thanks for your understanding.
[view_image]

I think you are missing the point!!  OP's comment has nothing to do with the App, but it's size and weight.  You should publish BOTH the size and weight limits as compatibility requirements.
2018-9-15
Use props
JcBray
New

United States

technicallly the phone is within the width and weight limits of the phone (up to 85mm and 202g) which the note 9 is like 75 and 201 g. However, since it's so long (the only specification not listed on DJI's sight is the max length) too much weight is on the tipping part of the motor which sends mine into a "engine protection" mode or whatever. I bought mine used so maybe it's a tired motor but I really would say it doesn't work, unfortunately.
2018-9-19
Use props
RegDawg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54091 ft
United States

This is good to know. I going to upgrade to the Note 9 soon. I have the Note 8 and it already feels heavy with the OM2.
2018-10-13
Use props
djiuser_k9uV9djxKokQ
New
Mexico

I have the same problem.  It emits strange "grinding" sound.  It seems that it could be hurting the motor.
I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

Most of the time, it works well.  But it is not unusual that it emits that sound.
2018-10-14
Use props
AJA191
New
Flight distance : 82674 ft
Australia

Well, interestingly enough a quick check on GSMAreana puts the iPhone 8+ heavier than both the Note 8 and 9 and the dimensions of the Note 8 is actually slightly larger, though the note 9 is slightly heavier. So really, when we look at the dimensions there's no reason why note 9 shouldn't be compatible.
2018-11-1
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181322 ft
United States

I thankfully haven't had any problems with my Note 9 and the OM2, aside from some minor software gripes. It took a little TLC to get it balanced correctly, and if I don't get it perfect, I usually have to apply a tiny bit on gimbal roll to get it perfect, but I otherwise haven't had any issues. Despite the weight, the battery life on the OM2 has been fine thankfully.

But like I said, it took a good 30 min to get it balanced properly.

Raz
2018-11-7
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I use a  Note 8 and no problems at all
2018-11-8
Use props
fanse60fa0d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

After seeing this post I almost didn't buy the Osmo 2.
But I have to say the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 is FULLY compatible with the Samsung Note 9
All you have to do it balance the phone using the Osmo arm adjustments. I found more than enough adjustment to make my Note 9 sit perfectly flat horizontally. I used the second adjustment to make my phone mostly face forward as this is how I will use it. The phone does not hit the gimbal if adjusted properly. No grinding noises or misbehaviour, it just works.

I can only imaging that the OP just put his phone in the gimbal without adjusting the balance. Perhaps the OP should read the manual and watch some videos.
My only complaint would be the Android app is very basic and zoom function is ordinary. It would be nice to have some settings to adjust the zoom behaviour for a smoother effect.
Enjoy your Osmo 2 with your Samsung Note 9!
2018-11-23
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

I have  Note 9 + Osmo 2,  yes it was the first thing I realised  Note 9 could be too tall to Osmo could naturally  balance it , but then figured out the extension arm, back of the gimble helps to balance nicely.Once you power it on  keeps fully balance and calibration also no problem as well.
2018-11-26
Use props
Cloudr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same issue, the phone will not balance, it hits the gimbal and the gimbal appears in most shots, any help from DJI?
2019-1-3
Use props
tomramos213
lvl.2
United States

I used my Note 9 with the original Osmo Mobile and now with the Mobile 2. Because of how long the Note 9 is, despite extending the arm all the way I did zip tie a few small metal bolts to make it balance properly. Works fine, no grinding noises or Engine Protection errors. I saw a video of a guy testing his Note 9 with an Osmo Mobile 2 with a thin case and he did't even counterweight it! Not sure if he had any problems in the long run though.
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules