Screen Record w/CrystalSky
5930 21 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone had any success in screen recording with CrystalSky 7.85 w/V02.06.06.00? I'm using a Mavic PP on 01.04.0300 on both the bird and the RC.

I've tried several different screen record apps as well as the native screenrecord binary and all of them produce major lag. I also used the HDMI out going to recorder. Every time I start to record the screen regardless of app or external capture the video just lags and washes out.

This happens regardless if I'm recording the camera view to that Mavics SD card or not.

Is the CrystalSky just too under powered to record it's own screen?
2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly check these threads: (https://forum.dji.com/thread-132080-1-1.html), ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-131183-1-1.html). This concern has been forwarded to our R&D engineers.
2018-9-8
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-8 03:29
Thank you for reaching DJI forum. Kindly check these threads: (https://forum.dji.com/thread-132080-1-1.html), ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-131183-1-1.html). This concern has been forwarded to our R&D engineers.

So this was reported 9 months ago and we still don't have a solution?

What is the return policy on the CrystalSky? I fear this will never get fixed and I'll be stuck with a very expensive incomplete piece of hardware.
2018-9-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I am using this screen recorder on CS and it works very well:
Screen Recorder.JPG
2018-9-10
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

Then you are the minority.

Which CS and bird and what firmware are you using on the bird and CS?
2018-9-10
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 01:37
I am using this screen recorder on CS and it works very well:

That's very interesting. ...  can you provide install details please as I would like to try this.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-9-10 12:00
That's very interesting. ...  can you provide install details please as I would like to try this.

Just install it on any other Android device and use the APK Extractor app to create an APK file that you can then directly install on CrystalSky via USB stick or from the internal memory of CS. You can also skip the first step by downloading the APK directly from e.g. this site: https://apkpure.com/de/screen-re ... y929.screenrecorder
I am sure that APK Mirror has it too.
2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

CantRepeat Posted at 2018-9-10 02:16
Then you are the minority.

Which CS and bird and what firmware are you using on the bird and CS?

7.85 HB CS and have used it first for Spark, then on Mavic Air and hopefully soon on my M2P. All devices always latest firmware.
2018-9-10
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 12:16
7.85 HB CS and have used it first for Spark, then on Mavic Air and hopefully soon on my M2P. All devices always latest firmware.

I wonder if this is an issue specific to Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum birds. Since you don't list having either of them it's not an apples to apples comparison. There are many of us, MP and MPP users, that have had zero luck with screen recording telemetry from the CS screen.
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

CantRepeat Posted at 2018-9-11 01:23
I wonder if this is an issue specific to Mavic Pro and Pro Platinum birds. Since you don't list having either of them it's not an apples to apples comparison. There are many of us, MP and MPP users, that have had zero luck with screen recording telemetry from the CS screen.

I would suggest to just try it with that screen recorder. There is no logical reason why anything should be different for MP or MPP.
2018-9-11
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-11 01:33
I would suggest to just try it with that screen recorder. There is no logical reason why anything should be different for MP or MPP.

I will try the screen recorder for sure.

Well, I think there is a pretty logical reason, they birds are built differently with different chip sets, cpus, and memory. They will not all act the same.
2018-9-11
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

I can say the screen recorder you linked to had some good improvement over others I have tried. That said I am still getting a ton of washed out video.

2018-9-11
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-10 12:12
Just install it on any other Android device and use the APK Extractor app to create an APK file that you can then directly install on CrystalSky via USB stick or from the internal memory of CS. You can also skip the first step by downloading the APK directly from e.g. this site: https://apkpure.com/de/screen-recorder-free-no-ads/com.kimcy929.screenrecorder
I am sure that APK Mirror has it too.

Thank you
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

CantRepeat Posted at 2018-9-11 09:48
I can say the screen recorder you linked to had some good improvement over others I have tried. That said I am still getting a ton of washed out video.

[view_image]

Now the question is, does the recorded video correspond to what you had on the screen in the transmitted video or not? In my opinion the screen recorder does nothing else than recording what is displayed on the screen of your CrystalSky. It even does not matter if this is DJI GO 4 on the screen or any other app you are running there. Technically it therefore also cannot matter which aircraft you are flying.
From your screenshot I only can conclude that there is a video signal problem between your aircraft and the RC.
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

You are very welcome! :-)
2018-9-11
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-11 10:42
Now the question is, does the recorded video correspond to what you had on the screen in the transmitted video or not? In my opinion the screen recorder does nothing else than recording what is displayed on the screen of your CrystalSky. It even does not matter if this is DJI GO 4 on the screen or any other app you are running there. Technically it therefore also cannot matter which aircraft you are flying.
From your screenshot I only can conclude that there is a video signal problem between your aircraft and the RC.

Well, the only time the video is washed out or lagged is when you try to screen record it. Recording what the bird sees using the dji go app record does not cause this issue.

It's only when you try to record the screen display. It has nothing to do with what the bird is sending. IE I can start recording the screen and also start the dji go record of the birds camera and while the screen record is completely washed out the bird video is completely fine. If the issue was with the transmission of video to the controller and then to the CS then the screen record of the CS view would also be washed out and lagged, but it's not.

It doesn't matter if the bird is recording or not. I can do just the CS screen record and it's bad. I can do both bird and screen and the bird's video is fine and the CS is bad.

I don't for sure know what the issue is but in the end you can't record the CS screen with issue. I've tried 5 or 6 different screen record apps. I've also tried the native android screen record binary and nothing works.
I don't know if it's bird firmware, controller firmware, or CS firmware or DJI GO app but there's many different combinations out there and more then one configuration of those apps have the same issue.

The other part of this is, I can screen record with an iPhone or other android device just fine. It only happens with the CS.
2018-9-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

CantRepeat Posted at 2018-9-11 11:08
Well, the only time the video is washed out or lagged is when you try to screen record it. Recording what the bird sees using the dji go app record does not cause this issue.

It's only when you try to record the screen display. It has nothing to do with what the bird is sending. IE I can start recording the screen and also start the dji go record of the birds camera and while the screen record is completely washed out the bird video is completely fine. If the issue was with the transmission of video to the controller and then to the CS then the screen record of the CS view would also be washed out and lagged, but it's not.

This is really weird and does not correspond with my own experiences. May I ask which CS you are using? Mine is the 7.85 HB.
2018-9-11
Use props
CantRepeat
lvl.2
United States

First post CrystalSky 7.85 non HB w/V02.06.06.00, 01.04.0300 firmware in both the bird and the controller.
2018-9-11
Use props
Lickitysplit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6804619 ft
United States

CantRepeat Posted at 2018-9-8 05:29
So this was reported 9 months ago and we still don't have a solution?

What is the return policy on the CrystalSky? I fear this will never get fixed and I'll be stuck with a very expensive incomplete piece of hardware.

It depends on the retailer you purchased from its easy enough to check and even if your past it because of the crystalsky's terrible reputation they'll take it back
2018-9-12
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using this screen recorder on CS and it works very well:[Image]

Thanks for the tip.  Gave it a quick test on my cs and it appeared to work fine.  Will stability test it later with GO4 running.
2019-2-18
Use props
Tukhmol
lvl.1
Germany

I am using this screen recorder on CS and it works very well:

Thanks a lot for sharing this link.  I downloaded the app and it works like a charm.
2019-2-28
Use props
bradzilla
First Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Im going to try it this weekend.  be nice to have an official DJI app for it, but if they don't want to make one, Ill use what is available.
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules