Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Slave remote unreliable
591 5 2018-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Joy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>

Hi All.

I'm just back from a four day aerial shoot which was a hugely important one for my business. During the four days of filming we found ourselves appologising to the client repeatedly about the performance of our Inspire 2 with it ending up being called "The printer of the sky" by the rest of crew.

While we had a few random problems like the video record settings randomly resetting between flights, by far the biggest issue was how hard it was to make the second remote connect reliably. Our setup was a Crystal Sky on the master and an iPhone X on the slave which was also connected to an HDMI monitor. 90% of the time the slave wouldn't connect on the first attempt, and then even when it did it would often disconnect after 20 - 30 seconds. Rebooting everything would sometimes make it work, sometimes not and often it would take us 5 minutes of randomly rebooting, disconnecting and reconnecting things to try and make the second remote connect. In the end we missed two shots as the director needed to move on and then filmed another two as single op just because that was the only way we could get it all working in time.

While we did manage to deliver the shots the client wanted in the end this whole performance by the DJI Inspire 2 system was just unaceptable and extremely embarassing.

Is anybody else seeing this level of Dual Op failures or is it just our Inspire 2?

2018-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience.  May I ask if you already tried to interchange your Master and Slave Remote and see whether it would product the same issue?
2018-9-9
Use props
epicjib
First Officer
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Update the IOS on the iPhone, there was a problem with a certain version which caused disconnects with dual operator.
2018-9-9
Use props
Paul Joy
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-9 03:37
Sorry for the inconvenience.  May I ask if you already tried to interchange your Master and Slave Remote and see whether it would product the same issue?

No I didn't try that but I can if it's something that will help diagnosing the issue. The hardest part is that the results are inconsistent, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't so it's really hard to know if any changes have worked without testing through multiple jobs. I will try that though.
2018-9-10
Use props
Paul Joy
Second Officer
  • >>>

epicjib Posted at 2018-9-9 18:54
Update the IOS on the iPhone, there was a problem with a certain version which caused disconnects with dual operator.

I don't think this is the problem as the iPhone X is on the latest IOS plus the slave remote won't connect to the Master without any devices attached at all.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Paul Joy Posted at 2018-9-10 01:55
No I didn't try that but I can if it's something that will help diagnosing the issue. The hardest part is that the results are inconsistent, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't so it's really hard to know if any changes have worked without testing through multiple jobs. I will try that though.

Alright. Please let us know what will happen.
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules