Mavic Air in europe with FCC + updates
2333 8 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Norruna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3986 ft
Sweden

Havent flown the mavic since february, I booted up the app again and the mavic, it said firmware available so im updated it, I have a question first though, im located in europe and would like the fcc mode, is it safe to update everything i can update and the fake gps location will still work, or is there some updates to avoid? like the precise fly safe database update?

Thanks for any help!

2018-9-8
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I believe that it will ask you to change location once it detects you are not in an FCC area, you could always click cancel.
I don't think the European settings are currently forced on you.
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m on FCC and all is fine. Updating works but somehow I’m not able to update the precise fly safe database.
But ppl here on the forum said that it’s not important, some even said that do not update because it cripples your drone.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching DJI. Regarding your concern, we haven't received any issue on that so far it is safe to use the latest version though you located in EU. I suggest you update the firmware to the latest version for reliability purposes. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-9-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

You can update without a fear, but in a worse case it's really rather easy to restore FCC back
2018-9-8
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-8 10:57
Hi there. Thanks for reaching DJI. Regarding your concern, we haven't received any issue on that so far it is safe to use the latest version though you located in EU. I suggest you update the firmware to the latest version for reliability purposes. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Dear Natalia, may I ask a question? Can you help me to verify that Vietnam is FCC or CE standard? Thank you very much.
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

I think it’s CE

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-8
Use props
djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq
New
Turkey

Hello,

Is it possible to use Boosted FCC ( 1.5W ) mode in Mavic Air ?
2018-12-9
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

djiuser_WJsrQ6lavMIq Posted at 12-9 03:57
Hello,

Is it possible to use Boosted FCC ( 1.5W ) mode in Mavic Air ?

No, it only works on ocusync, therefore only Mavic Pro, and only Mavic Pro 1 at the moment.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules