Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Meaning of various Tapfly indicators on screen?
2405 2 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
den232
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193730 ft
United States

I am new to the Mavic Air and am trying to understand the meaning of the screen displays during Tapfly, perhaps you can point me to a detailed write-up?

1. Sometimes during all the Tapfly modes there is sometimes a short horizontal line displayed with a H in a circle.   This is the horizon line, I believe.   Question: What is the meaning of the H in a circle?  I notice it moves left and right along the line as I am flying.  What is the meaning of its location?   Its color is sometimes green, sometimes yellow.   What does the color indicate?

2. Sometimes I see a red dashed horizontal line.  Its vertical location on the screen coincides with the top of a solid vertical line along the far left edge of the screen which goes down to the bottom of the screen.  What are these trying to tell me?  Is it always red, or is the red color an indication of danger?

3. In the 4 submodes of Tapfly (Forward, backward, Free, Coordinate), the functionality of the 4 joystick motions vary from one mode to another.   These are half defined in the manual, but half not defined ... What exactly happens when I push the joysticks in various directions in these modes?

Thanks!  jb
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, H means Homepoint. Also, may I know if there's any interference or obstacle while you flying your drone in Tapfly? For reference, please see the attached image below. Thanks.

HOME.png
2018-9-8
Use props
den232
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193730 ft
United States

RE: Meaning of various Tapfly indicators on screen?

Greetings Natalia.  

Thank you so much for the instant reply.    I should have documented just what I meant, so I will expand on items #1 and #2 in this thread and move #3 to another thread.

#1.0. Here is a screenshot (iPad Mini 4) showing the  small H in a green circle during Tapfly Forward.  I was unable to find the small H in a yellow circle.   Am I correct in my interpretation that htis is the Home location?  Its color is sometimes green, sometimes yellow.   What does the color indicate?

#2.0 Sometimes I see a red dashed horizontal line.  Its vertical location on the screen coincides with the top of a solid vertical bar along the far left edge of the screen which goes down to the bottom of the screen.  What are these trying to tell me?  Is it always red, or is the red color an indication of danger?  Here is an image of the red dashed line AND the red solid bar.  This screenshot is during Tapfly Forward.  

#2.1. Sometimes the red bar is present with NO dashed red line.  Here is an example during Tapfly Free. Note that this time the red bar does NOT coincide with the center of the display.

#2.2.  Sometimes during Tapfly forward (and possibly other Tapfly modes) a screen touch results in a white dot inside a thick blue circle.   The display is brief.  What does this mean?    Here is an example during Tapfly Forward.

I understand that there is a wealth of useful information presented to me on the screen.    If I could understand it I would be a better informed pilot.  This is my goal!   

Thank you.  jb
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules