Viewing Device
582 7 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Air Dale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178586 ft
United States

I have been flying my Mavic with a Note 8 and had no problems.  All of a sudden my video feed stopped displaying.  I sent it in to DJI who fixed it very quickly (except for the 5 day shipping each way), but DJI told me that my phone was not on the approved devices list.  I have read that they are partial to Apple devices so I am thinking about getting an IPAD.  I found a current Gen IPAD but I am concerned that it is going to be too big and heavy.  So I am looking for your guys opinions and to see what devices you are using.

2018-9-8
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

IPad mini 4 with a mavmount and hoodman sunshade. Excellent combination. Zero issues faced and perfect in harsh sunlight.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I highly suggest you use a compatible device that is listed on our website. You may check the attached image below for more information. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

2018-9-8
Use props
Air Dale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178586 ft
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-8 09:39
IPad mini 4 with a mavmount and hoodman sunshade. Excellent combination. Zero issues faced and perfect in harsh sunlight.

Do you think a full size ipad is too big or heavy?
2018-9-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Like John said ipad mini 4 is the way to go
2018-9-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before buying a new mobile device, try these tips. They often fix issues that cause mobile devices and/or DJI GO to operate poorly.

If you find you need to buy a new mobile device, you can find a list of supported and commonly used mobile devices here. That list will also allow you to compare the specs and see which mobile devices DJI drone owners like best.

2018-9-8
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Air Dale Posted at 2018-9-8 10:13
Do you think a full size ipad is too big or heavy?

I don't find the iPad mini 4 either too big or too heavy. For me it is perfect especially fitted with a mavmount and hoodman sunshade. Equally my wife who is tiny doesn't find her iPad mini 4 too heavy or too big either.
2018-9-8
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m using iPad air2 and I think it’s perfect for flying the drone

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced