Inconsistent Firmware error message
2789 8 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duke56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761844 ft
United States

Was about to fly today. As I connected my IPad mini to the RC via OTG I get an “inconsistent firmware” message. I proceed to DL the update and burned thru 2 batteries with no issues.

After doing a firmware update via DJ Assistant 2 for Mavic when I received my M2 Z, I thought I was up to date.  I updated the RC at the time as well.  I previously got this “inconsistent firmware” message as I was ending my flight time, just before shutting downn my M2 Z after 3 batteries. Did the update before shutting down. Flew after that with one issue other than I got disconnected to my M2 Z when the Go4 app crashed on my IPad Mini 4. Restarted app, reconnected and brought the drone back.  Shut everything down and restarted everything and flew with no issues for another battery and a half.  

Today, the “inconsistent firmware “ message again, this time before flying.

Anyone have an idea what this is all about with the “inconsistent firmware“ message?    Haven’t seen anyone else reporting this.  
2018-9-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

That message usually means you're using a battery that's running old firmware. You should allow DJI GO to update the firmware before flying. Ideally, you should start up your Mavic with each extra battery after installing new firmware to ensure a battery update is not required. If you keep the firmware updated on all of your batteries, then you'd really only need to check one of the spares to see if a battery update is available.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

H, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please show us a screenshot showing the error message you are having right now? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.
2018-9-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I agree with Msingerabout your problem. Try to connect to Assistant 2 to refresh batter's firmware
2018-9-8
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-8 12:08
That message usually means you're using a battery that's running old firmware. You should allow DJI GO to update the firmware before flying. Ideally, you should start up your Mavic with each extra battery after installing new firmware to ensure a battery update is not required. If you keep the firmware updated on all of your batteries, then you'd really only need to check one of the spares to see if a battery update is available.

I don’t think that is the problem.  I have had error messages on updating battery firmware.  It has stated specifically that it was battery firmware issue. First time at the end of flying, not before. Today before flying. IMHO, not a battery issue.
2018-9-8
Use props
Duke56
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-8 12:11
H, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please show us a screenshot showing the error message you are having right now? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.

If and when it comes up again I’ll do that.
2018-9-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Only time I've ever seen this message before on my P4 & Mavic Pro was when the battery firmware needed updating.
2018-9-8
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Some of the updates include updates for the firmware in the battery. When you update your MP, you have to put each battery in and do the update again. Might cycle through each battery and make sure this isn't the issue before flying again.
2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Duke56 Posted at 2018-9-8 13:48
If and when it comes up again I’ll do that.

Surething. No worries. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have other question. Thank you and have a safe flight!
2018-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules