The only thing you can't plan when you want to go fly
913 17 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531640 ft
Singapore

Ok so the wholle week I'm abussy to plan a nice flight for the sunday afternoon in Singapore. During the week I played around in the Litchi hub and exported flights to Google Earth to see how it would look like. I checked the weather all should be ok so this morning I fully charged the batteries and than 5 min before I wanted to go to the desired site........the weather changed. It looks like someone throws a bucket of water empty and lighting and thunder all over the place.

I'm pretty dissapointed but yeah what I do about it. The only positive thing is that im lucky this didn't happen while I was flying.

rain.jpg

So to the rest of the world happy flying on a lovely sunday
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Wow, look at it pour...
E2697E5C-2A82-41EB-8FA3-A6D1CC2CC6DB.jpeg

We call that raining buckets.

693C3BA0-BE80-4E57-9554-8DE31CCD6724.jpeg

RedHotPoker

2018-9-8
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

I call it very annoying ;) but with a little bit of luck in a couple of hours its better and hopefully still can fly
2018-9-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-8 20:56
I call it very annoying ;) but with a little bit of luck in a couple of hours its better and hopefully still can fly

You can always go for a dance in the rain... haha

RedHotPoker
2018-9-8
Use props
DroneNinja117
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

ah come on, i would love to see it rain. We miss that thing in this part of the world.
But yeah, i do see the inability to fly and get some nice shots going can be a bit dissapointing.
2018-9-8
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

DroneNinja117 it is the only day I can fly I dont mind it rains the whole week but please let sunday be a clear dry day ;). In the end I was lucky and could go out although it was cloudy I was able to take a nice pic of the Marina Sands hotel

2018-9-9
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

With a little bit of edit this could be a nice picture.

BTW any Litchi gurus around here? I made a filght but for some kind of reason the gimbal did not do what I would like him to do. If there is anybody who would like to look to my flight and tell me what I did wrong I would be very thankfull
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your photo. Yes, you are indeed lucky enough that didn't happen while you are flying.  Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You must have checked the weather at weather.com.  They should just disband it.  It's the worst forecaster of weather ever.  It's even worse than no forecast because the actual weather is usually the polar opposite of what they say will happen.  It was better in the 80s.  Now it's like they're trying to be wrong on purpose.  
2018-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-9 01:04
With a little bit of edit this could be a nice picture.

BTW any Litchi gurus around here? I made a filght but for some kind of reason the gimbal did not do what I would like him to do. If there is anybody who would like to look to my flight and tell me what I did wrong I would be very thankfull

For analasys, You must post a link to the flight LOG.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

RedHotPoker

2018-9-9
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-9 07:40
For analasys, You must post a link to the flight LOG.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

For this flight not nessesary it went all ok
2018-9-10
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-9-9 06:22
You must have checked the weather at weather.com.  They should just disband it.  It's the worst forecaster of weather ever.  It's even worse than no forecast because the actual weather is usually the polar opposite of what they say will happen.  It was better in the 80s.  Now it's like they're trying to be wrong on purpose.

I use UAV Forecast an app for which I have paid but even while it was raining they gave me green liht to fly whahaha waist of money IMHO
2018-9-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-10 02:17
I use UAV Forecast an app for which I have paid but even while it was raining they gave me green liht to fly whahaha waist of money IMHO

You have to set the max precip prob (%) and check the box... but yesterday here where I am weather.com said 20% rain and it poured hard all day.  It's just stupid.  

Edit:  Not uavforecast, the rain forecast in general is stupid.
2018-9-10
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

Ahhh ok just had a look it was set to 40% but now I reduced it to 15%
Thanks for the tip
2018-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-10 02:16
For this flight not nessesary it went all ok

Ok, you’re not interested. Cool.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-10
Use props
Ray_Drone_Pilot
lvl.4
Singapore

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-10 08:16
Ok, you’re not interested. Cool.

ok you made me curious but please explain me what it has to do with the original thread? Or the picture I took? I thought those logs are only usefull for when you got errors.
But if it has anything benefitial offcourse im interested.
2018-9-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Anyway... a quote comes to mind...

"... the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..."  -FDR

I've been caught in the rain and nothing ever happens.  Phantom flies nicely and lands like a champ.  I'm not saying I'd do it on purpose, but there really aren't very many pilots who complain that their Phantom dropped out of the sky due to rain.  

2018-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ray_Drone_Pilot Posted at 2018-9-11 00:47
ok you made me curious but please explain me what it has to do with the original thread? Or the picture I took? I thought those logs are only usefull for when you got errors.
But if it has anything benefitial offcourse im interested.

At this time, I have no idea.

That’s up to you though. Not sure it would be of any use. Not necessary.

I forgot why I even suggested this.

I don’t fly in the rain though.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules