Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimble going haywire in mid-flight
772 13 2018-9-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squeaky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 885440 ft

Please help.

I'v had my Mavic pro for just over a year and have had this issue 3 times now. Once last year after about the 10th flight and twice this week with over 164 flight with no problem.
so the problem is when in flight the image on my screen looks like the drone is rocking side to side as if its falling out of the sky or being attacked from below or by birds etc. It's quite frightening as you think your drone is going down and your going to lose it?  i have re-set the Gimbal and have done Gamble calibrations many times. I also calibrated the drone before first take off of the day. The Mavic Firmware is up to date and for the record THE DRONE HAS NEVER HAD ANY DAMAGE OR CRASHES with a clean flight history. Also when the gimbal does its thing in mid flight, if im recording it stops so i don’t catch any footage of it doing this strange thing. I did catch about a millisecond of the footage which ill upload.

I've also have had errors on the screen when this gimbal dose its thing saying lose of signal/weak signal or interference...?

2018-9-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to ask for a video sample of the issues that you are having for us to evaluate and isolate the issue. You mention that you had seen errors on the app that says signal/weak or interference? I'd like to ask is this the same area where you use to take off? Have you seen any huge water tank, taking off near a truck, bus that may interfere with the GPS signal? Kindly turn off the mobile data and Bluetooth if its on. Also put the phone into the airplane mode as well. Thank you.
2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-9 03:13
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. I'd like to ask for a video sample of the issues that you are having for us to evaluate and isolate the issue. You mention that you had seen errors on the app that says signal/weak or interference? I'd like to ask is this the same area where you use to take off? Have you seen any huge water tank, taking off near a truck, bus that may interfere with the GPS signal? Kindly turn off the mobile data and Bluetooth if its on. Also put the phone into the airplane mode as well. Thank you.

Hi DJI Gamora

When I fly I always put my iPhone on airplane mode because this stops any interruptions when I am flying. there was not really any water tanks or anything that you mention from where I took off from. I am really concerned about the camera/Gimbal doing strange things in mid-flight just out of the blue. This last case I was 16min into what was a perfect flight.

2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Squeaky Posted at 2018-9-9 03:29
Hi DJI Gamora

When I fly I always put my iPhone on airplane mode because this stops any interruptions when I am flying. there was not really any water tanks or anything that you mention from where I took off from. I am really concerned about the camera/Gimbal doing strange things in mid-flight just out of the blue. This last case I was 16min into what was a perfect flight.

Hi, there is a problem providing the video you uploaded. Kindly refer to the photo below. Thank you.

2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-9 03:48
Hi, there is a problem providing the video you uploaded. Kindly refer to the photo below. Thank you.

[view_image]

Sorry Made the video public. you should be able to watch it now.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Squeaky Posted at 2018-9-9 03:29
Hi DJI Gamora

When I fly I always put my iPhone on airplane mode because this stops any interruptions when I am flying. there was not really any water tanks or anything that you mention from where I took off from. I am really concerned about the camera/Gimbal doing strange things in mid-flight just out of the blue. This last case I was 16min into what was a perfect flight.

Hi, have you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Squeaky Posted at 2018-9-9 04:15
Sorry Made the video public. you should be able to watch it now.
https://youtu.be/ia5ZCKCnc74

Hi, would it be possible to provide me your current aircraft firmware version and the remote? You did already mention that it was firmware updated right? I just want to verify. Thanks.
2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.1

2018-9-9
Use props
Squeaky
lvl.1

I have done all calibrations on a few occasions including IMU. Something just does not sit right with me about my drone. It first happened about a year ago. The gimbal went berserk in flight and I had no control of the drone until it had finished doing a gimbal celebration in mid fight. The the other day after 100 more flights the gimbal stared going off centre as if the drone was falling or being knocked of centre. I brought it home straight away. Then yesterday I took it up and within minutes it did it again. May I add it wasn't as severe as the first time but still. When the gimbal does this glitch it automatically stops recording just before so I don't get any footage?
2018-9-9
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

Today my 75 flight mavic pro and i hit the field to take flight. and to my amazement, the gimbal wouldn't stay still, freaking
out all over the place. out of the blue. had been working just great!  What to do NOW?
Byron  9-9-18
2018-9-9
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

Byron again.  been reading.. the only thing i did diff, was to install the new quiet blades!!  Could this be the prob?
2018-9-9
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

byhead Posted at 2018-9-9 16:35
Byron again.  been reading.. the only thing i did diff, was to install the new quiet blades!!  Could this be the prob?

Maybe it could. Simple test is to switch back to standard propellers again.
2018-9-9
Use props
byhead
lvl.4
United States

thanx captain, tomorrow, i will recal the imu and delta the blades.
I was searching DJI store tonight to see if I could buy a back up. Pro or Platinum. (Alone, no controller. I Have 4 batts for my MP-1)
The store has the full refurb for 799.
Gonna hold off on the MP-2 for now.  Lots for deej to do!!  but a back up for less that half the price of the MP2 would be ok with me.
I got the Typhoon H, the spark, the breeze, and the MP1 too! Like i NEED another one!!
2018-9-9
Use props
FntX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158734 ft
Germany

byhead Posted at 2018-9-9 19:53
thanx captain, tomorrow, i will recal the imu and delta the blades.
I was searching DJI store tonight to see if I could buy a back up. Pro or Platinum. (Alone, no controller. I Have 4 batts for my MP-1)
The store has the full refurb for 799.

Gimbal shake is almost normal on the MP when using the silent props. In most cases (including mine) the vibrations disappear after a short flight check. I do this every time after launch:  turn in both directions, strafe in both directions, climb, fall, check if the gimbal bounces in any direction. It sometimes takes some time for the props to "even out" and the ol' MP can't handle these fancy new props correctly in this phase.
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules