Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Proposed New Canadian Govt Regs for 2015
1090 4 2015-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

Yesterday the Transport Canada has come out proposed new regulations for UAV primarily under 25kg.  They are asking for input on the new regs before they become law in 2016

Here is the link:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=981029
2015-5-29
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Great! Increased red tape... greater tax money being spent. This very thing was found to be an absolutely useless money hole with the gun registry! Why do TC think for a second that more red tape will make anything safer? It won't, they see a piss pot full of money being spent on UAV's and they want a chunk of it. You wait and see, they will want us to put decals of a registration number on all UAV's no matter the size and apply for registration, just like a car, maybe annual? so they can ensure a bountiful harvest of our hard earned money. What a bunch of crap! They will never see a red cent out of me!
2015-5-29
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.4

Canada

Dangair...I thought I would be hearing from you on this...I am in the process of writing up an SFOC and ready to pull my hair out by the roots...Transport Canada is definitely not sparing the Red Tape on us. so I can sympathize completely.  When I asked for permission from the Alberta Parks Dept I got an arbitray no to film in provincial parks.  It doesnt matter that I am doing everything in my power to be legal and safe we are all tarred and feathered with people who go out and do stupid things. It seems it doesnt matter how safe you try to be you are still guilty before you even charge a battery.
2015-5-29
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hate to necro this thread but...

Have you you guys read the interim rules?
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/NPA-APM/doc.aspx?id=10294

The idea is less red tape, not more - at least for most under-25kg UAV operations. Transport is effectively conceding that the number of permits is rising faster than they can read and approve them and they're trying to make things more efficient before they get buried.

Also if you guys have ever filed SFOC's you'll know that the Transport inspectors (at least the guys I've talked to here in Toronto) are some of the nicest guys you'll talk to and they're very, very helpful in helping you refine your application to get approved where possible.

As for park filming permits - at least in Ontario permits to film in provincial parks are difficult to get even for ground / traditional filming. Aerial is another story but you have to jump through hoops just to operate a camera for any commercial reason. This is also unrelated to TC; totally different department in a totally different level of government.

2015-7-26
Use props
lostinthezone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56732 ft
Canada

I foresee that DJI will eventually be forced to hard limit the distance of their lightbridge system.  

Rob   
2015-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules