zenmuse z15 solid red light. more than 1 year fighting with this....
747 7 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LuisR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hello, I need help, because apparently this seems to be something impossible.

1 year ago I bought zenmuse z15 (New) and this came with the problem that has happened to many (No video signal) and I have a solid red light.

Many people claim that the problem is the HDMI board (PCBA board) to see this I decided to buy a new one for 230 dollars. and what do you think? I still had the same problem.

1 year after giving up I decided to go for a new gimbal because I got the idea that maybe the previous one had come defective. It turns out that the new gimbal comes with the same problem.

Then I thought about the following:

Is there a possibility that the error is the configuration of the camera?

Such expensive equipment and for serious work should not have these failures, unless the fault is mine. That is why I have come to the forum to please help me, sincerely this is terrible.

I add the following:

The gimbal works perfectly in all its functions
gimbal is updated well in all firmware except HD / AV
I have 2 new gimbal with the same problem

Thank you in advance to all who take pity on me, I will be grateful for the help.

2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi LuisR, sorry for the troubles with Z15, the HD video transmission module and the gimbal may fail to disconnect or the HD/AV button was switched to AV position, please double check if the cable between the gimbal and Lightbridge 2 is securely connected, then make sure the HD/AV button is switched to HD, then reboot the device.
2018-9-9
Use props
LuisR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Hi, thanks for commenting.

I have reviewed all the cables, it can be said that the LB2 is totally new too. Is there any way to tell if the cable has problems?

I can not find the problem and I have a new board (PCBA board) and 2 totally new gimbal. that work wonders, the only problem is that they do not send a video signal. it comes out all black.

I have also reviewed the AV / HD switch and it is indeed in HD. I have also set the camera in 1080i I have done everything
2018-9-10
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

LuisR Posted at 2018-9-10 06:53
Hi, thanks for commenting.

I have reviewed all the cables, it can be said that the LB2 is totally new too. Is there any way to tell if the cable has problems?

What camera do you have?
2018-9-15
Use props
LuisR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

Panasonic GH4
2018-9-16
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

There was some GCU version issues with then GH3 and GH4 awhile back...some downgraded to the earlier version and the problem went away...not sure thats your issue but theres a thread on it ..just have to do a search...also, check your appeture switch...it needs to be open...i had an issue where i did an update and my channel got reversed and my appeture was mapped to being closed...as soon as I reversed to open I had solid green...As that is the easiest to look at do it first...if your problem persists PM me...maybe/maybe not I can help with some instructions for the GCU
2018-9-16
Use props
LuisR
lvl.1
Dominican Republic

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-9-16 14:37
There was some GCU version issues with then GH3 and GH4 awhile back...some downgraded to the earlier version and the problem went away...not sure thats your issue but theres a thread on it ..just have to do a search...also, check your appeture switch...it needs to be open...i had an issue where i did an update and my channel got reversed and my appeture was mapped to being closed...as soon as I reversed to open I had solid green...As that is the easiest to look at do it first...if your problem persists PM me...maybe/maybe not I can help with some instructions for the GCU

Hello friend, thank you very much for answering and helping. I had also been communicating with the support. and they say that it is a problem of the GCU (it is damaged) it may be a manufacturing problem.

Then I have opened an RMA case. Do you know if I should pay DJI in this case?

First of all, Thanks.
2018-9-18
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>

LuisR Posted at 2018-9-18 04:12
Hello friend, thank you very much for answering and helping. I had also been communicating with the support. and they say that it is a problem of the GCU (it is damaged) it may be a manufacturing problem.

Then I have opened an RMA case. Do you know if I should pay DJI in this case?

If it damaged then you probably will have to pay...but a GCU is pretty easy to replace so not sure I’d pay for labor unless they warranty it...which i doubt...
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules