Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
D-Log Intelligent Mode
1592 9 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsfilmz0412
Captain
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Team. Quick question. We can't record in D-Log using Intelligent modes (Dronie, etc)? It won't let me. Thanks!
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sadly, it would require to much processor resources and time to complete in dlog
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Sadly, it would require to much processor resources and time to complete in dlog
2018-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-9 07:29

That im not sure about.  The image processor is completely separate from the main CPU.
2018-9-9
Use props
jsfilmz0412
Captain
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yikes. That stinks
2018-9-9
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

gnirtS Posted at 2018-9-9 08:04
That im not sure about.  The image processor is completely separate from the main CPU.

I cannot find any other reasons that makes sense. Rendering a 4k video inside a drone is pretty resource consuming... Even is, whit a fairly powerful desktop computer.
2018-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-9 08:57
I cannot find any other reasons that makes sense. Rendering a 4k video inside a drone is pretty resource consuming... Even is, whit a fairly powerful desktop computer.

It is resource consuming.  Thats why they have dedicated image processors to do it.
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think 'it' needs to analyse the video while making these intelligent moves.
That might be difficult in D-Log with all the data being fed into the algorithm.
That is the only reason I can think of.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of option since for Intelligent flight modes, it will automatically be saved as 1080.
2018-9-10
Use props
Not A Speck Of Cereal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

CineView Media Posted at 2018-9-9 08:57

Not that it matters much since Wanda has answered the question, but recording a video stream in the drone is not "rendering", nor is it comparable to decode and playback in a desktop computer (which is doing a bunch of other stuff). A camera with a dedicated video processor (a chip designed for the task of encoding, not decoding or rendering) should be able to do so pretty efficiently.

Doing that while interfacing with whatever system is doing intelligent flight mode processing is another matter. But I'm sure the camera processor isn't the problem.

Chris

2020-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules