Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 1 Vs 2 Drone Video Comparison Using Default Settings
747 5 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AForceOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7724367 ft
United States

I re-did my original test of shooting 4K on the Mavic 1 vs 2 Pro Drone but this time used only the default settings out of the camera to compare the results side by side: https://bit.ly/2oUrdHn  .

YouTube does compression so the 100 mbps of Mavic 2 is not showing its full result but overall, I like the improved 1" sensor. The dynamic range is improved as well.  Let me know your thoughts on the quality and differences.   

One downside I noticed with Mavic 2’s MP4 generated files is that the files no longer contain GPS info in them for the take-off location. The Mavic 1 files contain GPS info regarding the location (xyz data), Mavic 2 Pro does not record that data anymore in the properties of the file. This data was really useful when you are traveling or on a road-trip and one can look it up. I created a thread about this bug and hope DJI can address this: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165527#pid1559143

2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing such a great comparison using the Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro, will check as well the other threads that you included. Cheers!
2018-9-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Would be nice to compare high contrast situations.
Plus I would suggest you split the screen in 2 and show the same half of the frame, top part drone 1, bottom part drone 2.
So you get the full frame in width from both drones.
2018-9-9
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
United States

Thanks Montfrooij! More tests to come and I will try and use your suggestions.
2018-9-10
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks; I noticed the improvements right away myself as I have both the pro 1 and pro 2.  Of course it is improved technology at a higher cost and it should be better.  I will keep my pro 1, as it has been a solid investment and I have traveled all over the place and captured scenery with it.  My only issue with the pro 1 was the delicate gimbal and poor image quality in low light situations.  
2018-9-10
Use props
AForceOne
lvl.3
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2018-9-10 08:18
Thanks; I noticed the improvements right away myself as I have both the pro 1 and pro 2.  Of course it is improved technology at a higher cost and it should be better.  I will keep my pro 1, as it has been a solid investment and I have traveled all over the place and captured scenery with it.  My only issue with the pro 1 was the delicate gimbal and poor image quality in low light situations.

Yeah, I noticed the improvement in gimbal in Pro 2 as soon as I started flying sideways and seeing how stable it was.
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules