Uluru/Ayers Rock, Australia in 4K (Phantom 4 Pro)
1384 34 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Here's a video I put together of Uluru/Ayers Rock when we took our trip around Australia earlier this year.

Enjoy

2018-9-9
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Good job.   One heckuva rock.
2018-9-9
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-9-9 12:55
Good job.   One heckuva rock.

Yeh I didn't realise how big this sucker was until we got there - it's frikken enormous! It's around 10km in circumference!
2018-9-9
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Very nice. Great job! Can you climb that rock? Looked like there is a few holes/caves ready for exsporing!
2018-9-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-9 15:19
Very nice. Great job! Can you climb that rock? Looked like there is a few holes/caves ready for exsporing!

Nah, you used to be able to climb on it, but not any more since the natives took over control of it. I am surprised you are allowed to fly over it in case you crash into it and damage the rock
2018-9-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I love that big orange block of rock...

It’s so out of place. Like it was transported there, from a distant planet...

RedHotPoker
2018-9-9
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

Unless you somehow aquired special permission to fly over Uluru you flight was totally ILLEGAL There is hundreds of signs with a drone with a big red circle and a cross on it everywhere at Uluru. Of all the places to fly a drone you had to do it at the most Cultural sensitive place in Australia. There are place you are forbidden to video or take photos of and that is with respect for the Anangu traditional owners sacred men and womens areas around the rock. Also you can take a scenic flight BUT you are not allowed to fly over the rock only around  it. If you find yourself in hotwater somewhere down the line for your illegal flying and someone spots this video and reports you ... you have no-one to blame but yourself .

Uluru (Ayers Rock) – you’ll see signs everywhere warning you that  the area is a culturally sensitive place for the Aboriginal people.  Respect it and keep your drone in the box. If you do want to see some  incredible footage of the famous red rock, the team from Grainger Films,  were granted special permission to film a one-off. This informationhas been supplired by "Can I fly my drone over Australias famous landmarks".
2018-9-9
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-9 15:19

Yes, you can still climb the rock but they're shutting down the climb next year.
2018-9-9
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-9-9 20:34
Unless you somehow aquired special permission to fly over Uluru you flight was totally ILLEGAL There is hundreds of signs with a drone with a big red circle and a cross on it everywhere at Uluru. Of all the places to fly a drone you had to do it at the most Cultural sensitive place in Australia. There are place you are forbidden to video or take photos of and that is with respect for the Anangu traditional owners sacred men and womens areas around the rock. Also you can take a scenic flight BUT you are not allowed to fly over the rock only around  it. If you find yourself in hotwater somewhere down the line for your illegal flying and someone spots this video and reports you ... you have no-one to blame but yourself .

Uluru (Ayers Rock) – you’ll see signs everywhere warning you that  the area is a culturally sensitive place for the Aboriginal people.  Respect it and keep your drone in the box. If you do want to see some  incredible footage of the famous red rock, the team from Grainger Films,  were granted special permission to film a one-off. This informationhas been supplired by "Can I fly my drone over Australias famous landmarks".

Maybe you should check if someone acquired a permit before jumping on your high horse and shouting your faux outrage. I had an NT parks permit.

And before you start blabbering on about "traditional owners" and "culturally sensitive" etc. Maybe you should travel around Australia and actually step foot inside some of their communities and see first hand how much these "traditional owners" actually respect the land you claim they apparently love and respect so much. Have a look at the enormous piles of rubbish scattered everywhere; plastics, car tyres, beer cans and other non-biodegradable items which are haphazardly thrown into environmentally sensitive areas such as rivers and streams. Have a look at the filth and disgusting environments they cause in these communities because they're too lazy and don't give a damn about the environment and the land you so ridiculously claim they love. They treat the land like a cesspit and they give little damn about it, but you come riding in like some internet white knight and make these ludicrous proclamations in a vain attempt to virtue signal - grow up and get a dose of reality.

Whilst you're there, have a wander into the local doctor's office and enquire about the endless streams of women and young children wandering in and out on a daily basis who've been violently raped by their fathers, brothers, uncles and elders. You sit in some suburb in a major city and live off the BS you see on the ABC and are satisfied with this propaganda but don't have the kahunas to find out the reality for yourself.

Stop regurgitating the garbage propaganda you hear from the ABC and actually look a bit closer: you'll be shocked, disgusted and furious; not only seeing how your tax dollars are spent but how much damage these people are doing to the environment others care so much about.
2018-9-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Great work !!
2018-9-10
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

gyrex Posted at 2018-9-9 23:36
Maybe you should check if someone acquired a permit before jumping on your high horse and shouting your faux outrage. I had an NT parks permit.

And before you start blabbering on about "traditional owners" and "culturally sensitive" etc. Maybe you should travel around Australia and actually step foot inside some of their communities and see first hand how much these "traditional owners" actually respect the land you claim they apparently love and respect so much. Have a look at the enormous piles of rubbish scattered everywhere; plastics, car tyres, beer cans and other non-biodegradable items which are haphazardly thrown into environmentally sensitive areas such as rivers and streams. Have a look at the filth and disgusting environments they cause in these communities because they're too lazy and don't give a damn about the environment and the land you so ridiculously claim they love. They treat the land like a cesspit and they give little damn about it, but you come riding in like some internet white knight and make these ludicrous proclamations in a vain attempt to virtue signal - grow up and get a dose of reality.

I dont live near any major city and I dont watch the ABC. and at 56 years old I have travelled a fair bit around Australia and I have Indigenous friends. Your answer proved that you are an idiot to reply with such an answer for all to read here. Sure there is good and bad in Australia...and the media loves to report the worst of everything for ratings. Is your country so PERFECT.
2018-9-10
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

DINGO DOWN UNDA Posted at 2018-9-10 01:24
I dont live near any major city and I dont watch the ABC. and at 56 years old I have travelled a fair bit around Australia and I have Indigenous friends. Your answer proved that you are an idiot to reply with such an answer for all to read here. Sure there is good and bad in Australia...and the media loves to report the worst of everything for ratings. Is your country so PERFECT.

Where did I mention getting my information from the media? After visiting many aboriginal communities around Australia, it's clear that they don't care about the land, the environment and many have little to no respect for the welfare of innocent children. Since you haven't visited any remote aboriginal communities, you rely on politically correct propaganda from the media, not me. My cousin's wife worked as a doctor in many of the same communities I visited and the stories she recalls would shock and disgust most people. She treated hundreds of young children (boys and girls) violently raped perpetually by family members leaving permanent physical and mental scarring. Also, the moment you used ad-hominem attacks is the moment you ceded the debate to me. Thanks for coming.
2018-9-10
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

gyrex Posted at 2018-9-9 23:24
Yes, you can still climb the rock but they're shutting down the climb next year.

Sweet on the climbing but sucks on the shutting down ... Let me guess to many people are trashing the place ???  That may not be why but it just seems like every other time a beautiful and fun place to visit and climb on or drive thru eventually gets shut down do to someone defacing it or getting hurt and trying to sue someone for their stupidity  . Anyway thanks for sharing the Rock and hope the week ahead of you is good to you !
2018-9-10
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

HarleyGuy55 Posted at 2018-9-10 02:39
Sweet on the climbing but sucks on the shutting down ... Let me guess to many people are trashing the place ???  That may not be why but it just seems like every other time a beautiful and fun place to visit and climb on or drive thru eventually gets shut down do to someone defacing it or getting hurt and trying to sue someone for their stupidity  . Anyway thanks for sharing the Rock and hope the week ahead of you is good to you !

Actually, the visitors aren't trashing the place at all and respect the environment. In fact, most of the trash comes from the 'traditional owners' with burnt out stolen cars all over the roads around the site and rubbish strewn everywhere in the outback sourced from their communities.

The climb is being shut down for apparent 'cultural reasons' but most see through the smoke screen and recognise it as an opportunity to renegotiate for more money/power.
2018-9-10
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
United States

gyrex Posted at 2018-9-10 02:57
Actually, the visitors aren't trashing the place at all and respect the environment. In fact, most of the trash comes from the 'traditional owners' with burnt out stolen cars all over the roads around the site and rubbish strewn everywhere in the outback sourced from their communities.

The climb is being shut down for apparent 'cultural reasons' but most see through the smoke screen and recognise it as an opportunity to renegotiate for more money/power.

Well you did a great job keeping out the trash around and out of your shots, It's such a shame that we or some of us as people cant or dont care about the future of our environment for our children or our children's children . I see the same thing going on here in California ... Beautiful places that a person used to be able to climb on or explore and or whatever.. Then comes along .... Ah poop don't get me started... Its so very sad. Even going to like the Mall or store ya pull up to park and open your door only to see someone emptied there ashtray or just dumped there garbage .... anyway. Great job ! ttul !  
2018-9-10
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Australia

gyrex Posted at 2018-9-10 01:47
Where did I mention getting my information from the media? After visiting many aboriginal communities around Australia, it's clear that they don't care about the land, the environment and many have little to no respect for the welfare of innocent children. Since you haven't visited any remote aboriginal communities, you rely on politically correct propaganda from the media, not me. My cousin's wife worked as a doctor in many of the same communities I visited and the stories she recalls would shock and disgust most people. She treated hundreds of young children (boys and girls) violently raped perpetually by family members leaving permanent physical and mental scarring. Also, the moment you used ad-hominem attacks is the moment you ceded the debate to me. Thanks for coming.

Yes mate...thanks for coming to Australia...and so many thanks for going home.
2018-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Wow, this thread. Hhhmmm.

What?? Feel bad after reading it through...

RedHotPoker
2018-9-10
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-9-10 13:10
Wow, this thread. Hhhmmm.

I won't apologise for exposing the truth. A large proportion of Australians would prefer to live in denial like our friend here. The problem is that many of these issues stem from a history of cultural acceptance: familial rape, pedophilia and land destruction.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018- ... creek-abuse/9473002
https://womensenews.org/2002/11/ ... l-girl-traditional/

There's hundreds more articles and statistics which sometimes make their way into the light despite the government and media's attempts to censor them. Our friend here would prefer to digest more politically correct narratives which paint a more wholesome, albeit false image of aboriginals in Australia.
2018-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

gyrex Posted at 2018-9-10 13:24
I won't apologise for exposing the truth. A large proportion of Australians would prefer to live in denial like our friend here. The problem is that many of these issues stem from a history of cultural acceptance: familial rape, pedophilia and land destruction.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/indigenous-groups-urge-government-to-address-tennant-creek-abuse/9473002

I guess when the truth is right in front of your face, it’s not always a pleasant sight.

As in this case where you can actually smell and taste the miserable reality. CFA224F8-0193-4292-BF1C-C15BE2C11EA4.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work!
2018-9-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work
2018-9-12
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft

Absolutely love the video. Just yesterday I was trying to find ayer rock on Google earth. I didn’t know the other name for it. I was just trying to find it by sight. I was having a really hard time. I thought about whether it was legal to fly over or not.  I understand your comments about the native people and how the governments tries to cover up for tourism Sake. It was the same thing about the crime in Orlando Florida. One big cover-up. still again, absolutely a beautiful video
2018-9-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

wow, thats beautiful.
2018-9-15
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

The footage is great BUT your comments about not flying illegally are wrong unless you can back up your claims about permissions. A NT parks permit does not include that park among others. Actually the only drone permit ever granted for Uluru seems like this one (the very first).

http://www.graingerfilms.com/uluru-drone/

And for reference to which parks you can fly in and further info on NT parks permit see here:

https://nt.gov.au/leisure/parks- ... and-drones-in-parks
https://nt.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/397609/Schedules-to-the-drones-in-parks-policy-v1.1.pdf
2018-9-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Dingoz Posted at 2018-9-15 21:34
The footage is great BUT your comments about not flying illegally are wrong unless you can back up your claims about permissions. A NT parks permit does not include that park among others. Actually the only drone permit ever granted for Uluru seems like this one (the very first).

http://www.graingerfilms.com/uluru-drone/

Your second link does not work, but if you go to that site, there is no mention of Uluru in the document at all, neither allowing flying there with a permit or in the section saying no drones at all. But Uluru is not managed by the NT Parks people, it is a separate arrangement, being managed by the Federal government on behalf of the traditional owners.
2018-9-15
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-15 23:01
Your second link does not work, but if you go to that site, there is no mention of Uluru in the document at all, neither allowing flying there with a permit or in the section saying no drones at all. But Uluru is not managed by the NT Parks people, it is a separate arrangement, being managed by the Federal government on behalf of the traditional owners.

Correct. Hence why any claim that flying here is 'permitted' under a NT Parks permit is false. The only legal way to fly here (take off or land within the NP boundaries) is with permission from the board of traditional owners. To fly in from outside the boundaries to the rock would breach other local laws. The flight was illegal and many would argue also disrespectful to both traditional people and local laws. But the footage was nice to see regardless.
2018-9-15
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Excellent.  Just loved it.  Gees,  you don't mind flying close to the rock !??
2018-9-16
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Dingoz Posted at 2018-9-15 23:21
Correct. Hence why any claim that flying here is 'permitted' under a NT Parks permit is false. The only legal way to fly here (take off or land within the NP boundaries) is with permission from the board of traditional owners. To fly in from outside the boundaries to the rock would breach other local laws. The flight was illegal and many would argue also disrespectful to both traditional people and local laws. But the footage was nice to see regardless.

Thanks for the compliment. I thought I was ok to fly here with the NT parks permit. Regarding 'respect', I respect the 'traditional owners' as much as they respect the environment and Australia, which is to say, not much. I met some amazing aboriginals on my trip around Australia and had in depth discussions about the enormous issues that the vast majority of aboriginals create for themselves, their families, their communities and society as a whole. Many of them lamented at the lack of personal responsibility and the ease at which they can blame 'white man' for the issues they've created for themselves.

Anyway, thanks again for the compliment and for letting me know I wasn't flying legally. I'll remember next time.
2018-9-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent footage - what a great location
2018-9-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gyrex Posted at 2018-9-16 02:49
Thanks for the compliment. I thought I was ok to fly here with the NT parks permit. Regarding 'respect', I respect the 'traditional owners' as much as they respect the environment and Australia, which is to say, not much. I met some amazing aboriginals on my trip around Australia and had in depth discussions about the enormous issues that the vast majority of aboriginals create for themselves, their families, their communities and society as a whole. Many of them lamented at the lack of personal responsibility and the ease at which they can blame 'white man' for the issues they've created for themselves.

Anyway, thanks again for the compliment and for letting me know I wasn't flying legally. I'll remember next time.

Quite correct, the aboriginals do not respect anything no matter where they are. Even down here in Victoria there are large communities that do little but cause trouble. I have personally had to defend myself from violence by them.
2018-9-16
Use props
msisrael
lvl.4
United States

Very cool.  Given the subject matter you might enjoy this drone video collection of famous rock formations:

AirVuz Rock Formation Collection
2019-3-5
Use props
Mark Valenzuela
lvl.1

United States

Amazing, great work !
2019-3-27
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Uluru is one of the most amazing places in the world. "Magical" quite doesn't describe it, and I'm not surprised of the sentiments  the first inhabitants of Australia still  have about it.  I hope it will always be treated with respect by all others...
2019-3-27
Use props
Spacetrakker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

Great job. Thanks
2019-3-27
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft