DJI limited support for Puerto Rico clients.
6841 24 2018-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricardox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1061293 ft
Puerto Rico

Wanted to share my experience with DJI support as a Mavic 2 client living in Puerto Rico. I ordered the Mavic 2 Zoom at DJI.COM same week it was released and received it a week later via DHL. Updated the Mavic 2 and everything was looking fine until I started losing connection from the controller and the phone (Samsung's Note 8). Contacted online service and was told to try with iPhone to eliminate any problems with the controller. iPhone works great, in addition I reported I have no disconnection problems if Note 8 is connected in the bottom usb port of the controller. They decided to replace my usb type c cable but they can't send replacement parts to Puerto Rico. Totally lost, DJI can send to Puerto Rico the mavic 2 and an addition order I made of battery and accessories but they can't replace any faulty items using the same address. Now I have to provide a US address for a replacement cable and forward to Puerto Rico. Just wanted to share to any other future DJI clients from Puerto Rico we will have limited support if you run into problems with DJI products. One last thing, dji care refresh does not apply to Puerto Rico. Love these drones hope someday we get the same support as in US.
2018-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ricardox, we are so sorry for the troubles with the Mavic 2 and the unpleasant experience with our repair center, the after-sales policy is different from the pre-sales service, currently, the corresponding repair center of your country is NA repair center, but we may be unable to cover the shipping and tax fee, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we are working on expanding our after-sales service around the world, hope your experience with us will be better in the future.
2018-9-9
Use props
Atxyde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34186 ft
Puerto Rico

Hi, I'm from Puerto Rico, and the only thing keeping me from getting a Mavic Mini is this issue. I tried with support and they say the drone can be covered by the warranty and DJI Care Refresh if I pay the shipping fees and associated costs. Is this true?
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Atxyde Posted at 4-22 12:47
Hi, I'm from Puerto Rico, and the only thing keeping me from getting a Mavic Mini is this issue. I tried with support and they say the drone can be covered by the warranty and DJI Care Refresh if I pay the shipping fees and associated costs. Is this true?

DJI doesn't provide global warranty at the moment, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product.
If the product is purchased from Puerto Rico, its repair center locates in the Noth America.
2020-4-22
Use props
Atxyde
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 23:34
DJI doesn't provide global warranty at the moment, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product.
If the product is purchased from Puerto Rico, its repair center locates in the Noth America.

Hi Mindy. Let's say that I purchase the drone and I get the DJI Refresh Care from the dealer. If I send the drone to the NA repair facility for a warranty process at my cost, you can't send it back, even if I pay for the shipping costs of returning the drone back to Puerto Rico? Buying the Mavic Mini will depend on your answer.
2020-4-24
Use props
Atxyde
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

Thanks, Mindy but I have to say this is unfair and sort of misleading. First, I can buy the Mavic Mini from DJI's site without issues. So this means that DJI can send the drone to PR. But then DJI cannot fulfill their obligations by providing a warranty because they cannot send it back to PR. Can you see the contradiction here? By the way, it is unlawful, as in many countries, to sell electronics without providing, at least, a year of warranty without any constraint. When you said " It would be better to verify with the dealer, they may help to send in", as you may know, stores only give you 15 to 30 days to return items in case of defects but the rest of the year is the manufacturer's responsibility. If DJI cannot provide warranty to their device in a country then they should not sell the device in that country, or at least, be clear and notify potential customers that warranty will be not provided, or in this case, the item cannot be shipped back to the country.
2020-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Atxyde Posted at 4-25 05:38
Thanks, Mindy but I have to say this is unfair and sort of misleading. First, I can buy the Mavic Mini from DJI's site without issues. So this means that DJI can send the drone to PR. But then DJI cannot fulfill their obligations by providing a warranty because they cannot send it back to PR. Can you see the contradiction here? By the way, it is unlawful, as in many countries, to sell electronics without providing, at least, a year of warranty without any constraint. When you said " It would be better to verify with the dealer, they may help to send in", as you may know, stores only give you 15 to 30 days to return items in case of defects but the rest of the year is the manufacturer's responsibility. If DJI cannot provide warranty to their device in a country then they should not sell the device in that country, or at least, be clear and notify potential customers that warranty will be not provided, or in this case, the item cannot be shipped back to the country.

Hi Atxyde, sorry to keep you waiting, we have verified again with the related team, for Puerto Rico customers, if you send the product and the shipping fee is covered by yourself, the shipping fee of the product sent by DJI will be covered by DJI, sorry for the previous confusion.
2020-4-27
Use props
Atxyde
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-27 23:17
Hi Atxyde, sorry to keep you waiting, we have verified again with the related team, for Puerto Rico customers, if you send the product and the shipping fee is covered by yourself, the shipping fee of the product sent by DJI will be covered by DJI, sorry for the previous confusion.

Mindy, thanks for your answer. Firstly, I want to say that I purchased the Mavic Mini from an online retail store. Honestly, I didn't find a better all-around competitive product, so I pulled the trigger. For what I understand, if I pay the shipping cost to send the drone to the US, DJI will cover the shipping cost of returning the drone back to Puerto Rico. Correct? Also, I didn't get the Refresh Care, can this be added later? Is there a time window to acquire the insurance?
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Atxyde Posted at 4-28 09:04
Mindy, thanks for your answer. Firstly, I want to say that I purchased the Mavic Mini from an online retail store. Honestly, I didn't find a better all-around competitive product, so I pulled the trigger. For what I understand, if I pay the shipping cost to send the drone to the US, DJI will cover the shipping cost of returning the drone back to Puerto Rico. Correct? Also, I didn't get the Refresh Care, can this be added later? Is there a time window to acquire the insurance?

''For what I understand, if I pay the shipping cost to send the drone to the US, DJI will cover the shipping cost of returning the drone back to Puerto Rico. Correct?''---- That is correct.
As for DJI Care Refresh, it is not available in Puerto Rico, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works in the country or region that you chose when purchasing the service plan. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.
2020-4-30
Use props
Atxyde
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-30 18:48
''For what I understand, if I pay the shipping cost to send the drone to the US, DJI will cover the shipping cost of returning the drone back to Puerto Rico. Correct?''---- That is correct.
As for DJI Care Refresh, it is not available in Puerto Rico, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh only works in the country or region that you chose when purchasing the service plan. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region.

Sadly today I lost my Mavic Mini. It was flying well, not strong wind indication, no warning whatsoever, It suddenly disconnected and disappear. I tried using the Find My Drone to locate it but it wasn't there. I activated the sound but never heard it. I was able to briefly connect to the drone but the only error that I was to read was something about the processor is too hot and needed to cool down before use it. The camera was not working. Its battery was at 44% when it dropped from the sky without any indication. I don't know what to do. It's a shame that DJI cannot offer insurance in PR.
2020-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Atxyde Posted at 5-16 16:16
Sadly today I lost my Mavic Mini. It was flying well, not strong wind indication, no warning whatsoever, It suddenly disconnected and disappear. I tried using the Find My Drone to locate it but it wasn't there. I activated the sound but never heard it. I was able to briefly connect to the drone but the only error that I was to read was something about the processor is too hot and needed to cool down before use it. The camera was not working. Its battery was at 44% when it dropped from the sky without any indication. I don't know what to do. It's a shame that DJI cannot offer insurance in PR.

We are so sorry for your loss, please contact DJI support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will help figure out what happened, if it was analyzed as a product issue, the warranty service will be provided.
2020-5-17
Use props
valientevilella
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218045 ft

Puerto Rico

Hello, I'm about to purchase one DJI Mini 2 unit with DJI's 2-year protection plan from B&H and deliver it to Puerto Rico. If I ever need to send the product for support and willing to take care of all shipping fees, will DJI honor the protection plan? This would be my second DJI, and I would like to stay away from any misunderstanding.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all!
2020-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

valientevilella Posted at 12-19 09:10
Hello, I'm about to purchase one DJI Mini 2 unit with DJI's 2-year protection plan from B&H and deliver it to Puerto Rico. If I ever need to send the product for support and willing to take care of all shipping fees, will DJI honor the protection plan? This would be my second DJI, and I would like to stay away from any misunderstanding.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all!

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience, at the moment, DJI Care Refresh is only available to customers from the U.S., Canada, EU countries, the UK, Switzerland, Norway, Australia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, and Mainland China.
For more information about it, please refer to this website:https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq, thanks.
2020-12-19
Use props
valientevilella
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218045 ft

Puerto Rico

Hello and thanks for your response. How about the 2-Year Protection Plan?
2020-12-29
Use props
Underdogg409
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14944 ft
Puerto Rico

I bought my self a drone and had an incident the first week. My experience with the dji warranty was 100% excellent they told me to send the product just needed to pay the shipping and handling fee. I live in Puerto Rico btw.
2021-1-2
Use props
Josue Rivera Belaval
New

Puerto Rico

Hi. Does the dji care refresh plan work in Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico  been part of the US? Just purchase a dji mini2 and want to buy it.
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Josue Rivera Belaval Posted at 10-17 12:44
Hi. Does the dji care refresh plan work in Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico  been part of the US? Just purchase a dji mini2 and want to buy it.

Hi there, I have sent you a PM, could you please check it? Thanks.
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_I4MF9wIIA0wS
New
Puerto Rico

I just purchased a Mavic Mini and have come to learn that there's so much hassle with warranty service for customers and owners of DJI products for Puerto Rico residents. Also the lack of Care Refresh availability for PR. So unfair! PR is a part of the US and shipping to PR is roughly the same as to AK and HI. We are bound by US commerce regulations and even fly under FAA rules just as any pilot in the US. I might be returning my unit and dismissing any future purchases of DJI products. So disappointing!

2021-12-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_I4MF9wIIA0wS Posted at 12-29 13:12
I just purchased a Mavic Mini and have come to learn that there's so much hassle with warranty service for customers and owners of DJI products for Puerto Rico residents. Also the lack of Care Refresh availability for PR. So unfair! PR is a part of the US and shipping to PR is roughly the same as to AK and HI. We are bound by US commerce regulations and even fly under FAA rules just as any pilot in the US. I might be returning my unit and dismissing any future purchases of DJI products. So disappointing!

Hello, there. We are sorry for any inconvenience brought. As DJI Mindy and DJI Susan said above, Customers from Puerto Rico can not purchase Care Refresh on DJI Store and is not belong to the service area of DJI Care. For the repair services, please refer to DJI Mindy's response at #7 and #9. If you need to claim after-sales services, please contact our support through email. They will try to help you.  Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/support?from=store_footer
2021-12-30
Use props
djiuser_AuA2qiCtqKP8
New

Puerto Rico

Hi there! I got a question. I’m from Puerto Rico. I want to purchase a Mavic Air 2 on the US and the care refresh on the US. Will I be covered if something happens in Puerto Rico? Thank you!
2022-4-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_AuA2qiCtqKP8 Posted at 4-19 10:28
Hi there! I got a question. I’m from Puerto Rico. I want to purchase a Mavic Air 2 on the US and the care refresh on the US. Will I be covered if something happens in Puerto Rico? Thank you!

Hello, there. Thanks for your reaching out, As DJI Mindy said, if you buy DJI Care Refresh services in the USA, you can only claim services in the USA. That means, if you are in Puerto Rico, your aircraft is still covered by this service. However, because we do not have a corresponding service center in Puerto Rico and this service is bought from the USA, this service will only be offered by the service center in the USA. You need to send the aircraft to our service center in the USA at your cost, and then we will deliver the replacement drone to you for free shipment.  
2022-4-19
Use props
djiuser_8ph2hN2Xd3Hb
New

Puerto Rico

I can't get it to send to Puerto Rico.  What should I do to ship to Puerto Rico?
2022-6-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_8ph2hN2Xd3Hb Posted at 6-4 07:26
I can't get it to send to Puerto Rico.  What should I do to ship to Puerto Rico?

Hi, there. May I confirm if your issue is that you would like to buy a drone in the US, and you want to send it to Puerto Rico?
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_8ph2hN2Xd3Hb
New

Puerto Rico

DJI Gamora Posted at 6-5 00:59
Hi, there. May I confirm if your issue is that you would like to buy a drone in the US, and you want to send it to Puerto Rico?

Hi. I want to buy DJI mini 3 pro through the DJI store and I don't see the option to ship to Puerto Rico.  What I can do?
2022-6-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_8ph2hN2Xd3Hb Posted at 6-5 20:49
Hi. I want to buy DJI mini 3 pro through the DJI store and I don't see the option to ship to Puerto Rico.  What I can do?

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. Please refer to our official DJI Store for more details. Here is the link for your reference: https://store.dji.com/pr/product ... &from=store-nav

2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules