HELP! DJI Care misdelivered my Mavic 3months ago & left me droneless
493 10 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicWorld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20646 ft
United Kingdom

The worst customer experience I've ever had.

I sent my Mavic to DJI for repair through DJI Care Refresh. They repaired it, but then returned it to the wrong address and have since failed to put things right. 3 months since their misdelivery, I'm still without my Mavic or any hope of getting it back as they have simply stopped communicating with me. The last I heard from their Shipping Team was 2 months ago - "please bear with us as we create a initiative follow up on your case". But still no progress has been made with the re-delivery.

After badgering DJI support to put things right for the last 3 months and being left in the dark for 2 of these, I feel abandoned and at a complete loss at what to do. Is there anyone here who's been in this situation / able to help?

I just want to get my Mavic back and get flying again. It feels like I've been completely forgotten about and left out of pocket.

Aside from recovering the Mavic, I don't think it's fair to sell customers a "peace of mind" replacement service which does the exact opposite. It's such a shame, because the Mavic itself is amazing, but the product is completely let down by the service team behind DJI Care, which has cost me the Mavic itself and the money spent on the replacement service. Why should I have to pay for their delivery mistake?

This is how the delivery mistake was made...

I sent the Mavic to DJI's service centre in Cerritos (USA) from Nicaragua, and requested it to be returned to an address in Costa Rica on their repair form (included in the package). The service centre either failed to update their records with the return address or ignored my repair form completely, as the Mavic was returned to Nicaragua. Very frustrating!
On discovering this, DJI apologised and asked me to confirm my new address so they could arrange a second shipment. I provided this to DJI on the 9th June and their shipping team have failed to make any progress with the re-delivery in over 3 months.

During this time, I've asked the Shipping Team to pass my case on to a Complaints Team 3 times for additional support, which still hasn't happened.

Surely DJI are responsible for returning my aircraft to me within a reasonable amount of time? As they've failed to do this, or even provide me with a re-delivery timeframe / alternative solution (i.e. a new aircraft or a refund) after 3 months... how do I resolve this?

As mentioned above, I just want to get my Mavic back so I can start flying again.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Dan

2018-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I know that dji operate a system that if your not there to sign for your delivery, then it goes back to them, so was your package delivered to your old address ?, with that said I believe you need to get confirmation from dji as to exactly what the outcome will be , you should also have a case number plus any emails they might have sent you. Get in contact with a moderator here with your case number and get them to check it out straight away.
2018-9-10
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

When I sent mine in I included a few paragraphs to explain what happened and so on. I later messaged them on Facebook and was told that the mailroom individuals do not look at those at all and that if I needed any requests or statements to make I would need to include it all on the original claim notes while I am making them. But I was told that they do not review any documents put in the package.

Luckily for me mine wasn't an address change so it didn't turn out like yours... Hopefully you can get it cleared up. Something tells me it will be a bit of a wait though.  Looking at the tracking has the package already had it's delivery attempt and been sent back to DJI?
2018-9-10
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Attention DJI Mods!!!!
Customer need help here ASAP!!!
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Dan, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service and the trouble caused, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, your concern has been escalated to the appropriate department to look into, we will make the investigation and contact you in working hours, please wait patiently, hope the issue will be addressed very soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-10
Use props
MavicWorld
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-10 08:26
I know that dji operate a system that if your not there to sign for your delivery, then it goes back to them, so was your package delivered to your old address ?, with that said I believe you need to get confirmation from dji as to exactly what the outcome will be , you should also have a case number plus any emails they might have sent you. Get in contact with a moderator here with your case number and get them to check it out straight away.

Thanks @hallmark007, the package was held at the Customs Office in Leon, Nicaragua and then "declared abandoned" by DJI. Which is a shame, but not my fault.

I made it clear to DJI that I needed to leave Nicaragua as it was no longer safe for me to be there (due to the political unrest), so it was very frustrating to learn that the aircraft had been returned there! Especially as I had clearly given a different return address on the repair form.

It's unfortunate that the package was abandoned, but not surprising, as Nicaragua is currently experiencing huge unrest at the moment, greatly affecting many public services like transportation. I essentially had to evacuate to Costa Rica from Nicaragua as it simply isn't safe to be there at the moment.

Ultimately, after a situation like this where a company has made a delivery mistake, as a customer I thought that I would be taken care of rather than abandoned like the package!

Hopefully someone from DJI will help put this right. Are the moderators here part of the customer service team?

Thanks,

Dan

2018-9-12
Use props
MavicWorld
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-10 08:38
When I sent mine in I included a few paragraphs to explain what happened and so on. I later messaged them on Facebook and was told that the mailroom individuals do not look at those at all and that if I needed any requests or statements to make I would need to include it all on the original claim notes while I am making them. But I was told that they do not review any documents put in the package.

Luckily for me mine wasn't an address change so it didn't turn out like yours... Hopefully you can get it cleared up. Something tells me it will be a bit of a wait though.  Looking at the tracking has the package already had it's delivery attempt and been sent back to DJI?

Hi Hedsic,

I'm amazed to hear that DJI's mailroom staff don't look at the repair forms etc in the package! Feels like mistakes like this are bound to arise if people don't bother checking for updates and communicating them to other teams.

Why bother asking customers to fill out a repair form if they aren't even going to look at it? Makes no sense at all. It just throws a spanner in the works, sets a false expectation for customers and ultimately creates more work for the shipping team redelivering the packages.

Glad to hear yours was straightforward. Hopefully this will get cleared up soon!

Dan
2018-9-12
Use props
MavicWorld
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-10 18:58
Hi Dan, we are terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience with our customer service and the trouble caused, we managed to get your case number via your Forum account, your concern has been escalated to the appropriate department to look into, we will make the investigation and contact you in working hours, please wait patiently, hope the issue will be addressed very soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Thank you for understanding and looking into this, really appreciate it. I've had an email through yesterday saying that someone will be in contact via phone / email within 48 hours, so hopefully they'll get in touch today or tomorrow to put this right.

Thanks for your help,

Dan
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

MavicWorld Posted at 2018-9-12 02:54
Hi DJI Mindy,

Thank you for understanding and looking into this, really appreciate it. I've had an email through yesterday saying that someone will be in contact via phone / email within 48 hours, so hopefully they'll get in touch today or tomorrow to put this right.

We're glad that we can help. If there's any difficulties with the case, just let us know. Take care.
2018-9-12
Use props
MavicWorld
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-12 16:46
We're glad that we can help. If there's any difficulties with the case, just let us know. Take care.

Hi Diana & Mindy,

Can you please contact Mika from your complaints team and ask her to get in touch with me as soon as possible?

She said she would call me on Monday to resolve my case. It's now Wednesday and I've heard nothing from her.

Just feels like my case is being abandoned again. Can you please give me a call asap?

Regards,

Dan
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MavicWorld Posted at 2018-9-19 03:46
Hi Diana & Mindy,

Can you please contact Mika from your complaints team and ask her to get in touch with me as soon as possible?

Hi Dan, sorry to know you haven't been contacted by our complaint team on Monday, we will inform the team to follow up and keep you updated soon, please wait a moment.
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules