1312 14 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

With all the money DJI is making these days, my wish is that they would hire actual skilled technicians, at least one, to answer questions instead of “messengers” that relay the question to the technicians... someone that can answer a question instantly or give an accurate timeline as to when features will be added or when firmware updates are being going to be released. Just thought I’d throw that out there...
2018-9-10
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

I feel like the other knowledgeable users on here do a really good job with stepping in where DJI's technicians drop the ball. I just wish the forum wasn't filled with so many people that had to argue opinions and dislikes. It seems like the moment someone disagrees with someone else or has an opinion that differs, it's an all out 10 page battle over nothing and it just keeps on going. Then the resolutions and answers get lost in the middle of a keyboard battle and non of the mods ever step in to stop it so it just keeps going.
2018-9-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think if you look around the tech industry, you'll find very few companies that are willing to provide timelines on future features or firmware updates. When talking about software, most will give themselves internal deadlines, but will not publish those publicly because then they aren't beholden to a date, but rather to it being ready.  Once you publish timelines publicly, then you get roasted when you miss it.  So I think no matter who they put to administer this forum, I highly doubt you'll get satisfaction in this particular area.  
2018-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I fully agree, there was a time around here and you will remember, that dji moderators, would give great advice on technical issues, instead of the usual standard answers, which seem to cause more confusion.
Good job , good thread.
2018-9-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

With all the money DJI is making these days, my wish is that they would hire actual skilled technicians, at least one, to answer questions instead of “messengers”

DJI needs to do the same when it comes to their Phone / Chat / Email, (non-forum) support.  On last 2 out of 3 cases, I had to respond with information I had already provided.  Along with answering a question on 1 of 3 cases that made absolutely no sense to ask given nature of problem.

Frankly, providing information, even detailed information is a waste of time - because it is beyond those we are interfacing with.

In farines, it is not first time I have run into it.  Went around and around with ISP 's highest level of support about a slow speed problem.  Only to find out they didn't know data took different path based on whether connection was made from customers router to WWW vs. reverse.  To be clear, it was not a matter of Upload vs. Download of data, but whether connection was established internally or externally.

2018-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-10 10:34
I feel like the other knowledge users on here do a really good job and stepping in where DJI's technicians drop the ball. I just wish the forum was filled with so many people that had to argue opinions and dislikes. Seems like the moment someone disagrees with someone else it's an all out 10 page battle over nothing and it just keeps on going.

Thank you very much indeed for this true statement! I am constantly learning here from the wealth of experience and information provided and enjoy it very much.
2018-9-10
Use props
MauiMaps
lvl.4

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-10 10:48
I think if you look around the tech industry, you'll find very few companies that are willing to provide timelines on future features or firmware updates. When talking about software, most will give themselves internal deadlines, but will not publish those publicly because then they aren't beholden to a date, but rather to it being ready.  Once you publish timelines publicly, then you get roasted when you miss it.  So I think no matter who they put to administer this forum, I highly doubt you'll get satisfaction in this particular area.

When a product gets advertised with Waypoints 2.0, POI 2.0, Task Library, and swappable cameras. It is a little different and should have a timeline.

Extra features confirmed on the forums like returning features, possibly not.

Mavic Pro 1 got fixed wing mode randomly added after its release (I do not remember any advertising).
2018-9-10
Use props
DroninOn
New

United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-10 10:34
I feel like the other knowledgeable users on here do a really good job with stepping in where DJI's technicians drop the ball. I just wish the forum wasn't filled with so many people that had to argue opinions and dislikes. It seems like the moment someone disagrees with someone else or has an opinion that differs, it's an all out 10 page battle over nothing and it just keeps on going. Then the resolutions and answers get lost in the middle of a keyboard battle and non of the mods ever step in to stop it so it just keeps going.

Hedsic,

I couldn't agree with you more.  There are many knowledgeable and helpful people  here, who are also kind and patient.  Although they get drowned out by the rude over-opinionated forumers, who are looking for someone to argue with, even though the normally wouldn't give a hoot about that topic.  That same person might treat their neighbor with respect, but fellow internet pilots often get despicable treatment and if they're not a human, just a computer screen to vent on.

Please treat others with the dignity they deserve.  Some of the things I've read made me embarrassed to be an American.  Political remarks are just someone looking for a fight, so I skip on over it.

Thanks for hearing me out.
2018-9-10
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

My wishlist would be:
A knowledgeable DJI technician, that can address most of the enquiries (read problems) , in a professional, and intelligent manner.
A dedicated area for hardware, software and firmware problems, that the above technician, will be able to help with.
A dedicated area where flight logs can be uploaded, and then checked, ripped apart by some clever, some not so clever guys, on this forum. Also, the technician above, should intervene and give the correct answers.
A honest section. Where DJI will say, for instance, "bugger you, we do not plan to add waypoints to the MA at all.".......and get it over with.
A section where someone at DJI would say, "we are currently working on a firmware update" and actually KNOW it and MEAN it.
A section where everyone, can list their wishes for a specific drone, and where DJI would tick and say, maybe, not, not, possibly. To keep us from wishing and asking for things, that would never ever happen.
A section where everyone can list their problems with their specific drones, like a poll with a long list of things that are happening with our drones, that we can tick. If DJI see this goes above a certain amount of customers, they should respond, even if just to say, "live with it suckers"
2018-9-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys, guys, guys and gals...   We appreciate your kind patience on this matter.  And thank you for your continued support.  
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Appreciate your suggestion. There are inquiries that need to be forwarded to our engineers to seek for the information or clarification to avoid miss leading information and inaccurate details. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-11
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

They will take your suggestions and send them to their engineers for review.  
2018-9-11
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Austria

Like they do with everything. But maybe the solution is to download your browser again? Maybe then everything will work. Or you are browsing on the wrong device... we have a list of recommended/supported devices to watch the forum on
2018-9-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-9-11 10:48
Like they do with everything. But maybe the solution is to download your browser again? Maybe then everything will work. Or you are browsing on the wrong device... we have a list of recommended/supported devices to watch the forum on

But maybe the solution is to download your browser again?

Is there anyway to download a DJI Systems Engineer at same time?   
Cause I would really like to pick his/her brain...

2018-9-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-11 10:18
Hi, Appreciate your suggestion. There are inquiries that need to be forwarded to our engineers to seek for the information or clarification to avoid miss leading information and inaccurate details. Thank you for the support.

BINGO!!!!!!
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules