Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 can't take off with compass error!
3828 16 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Necromant
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1610738 ft
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

Hello, DJI! What happened with Inspire after one of latest firmwares?? After realized Phantom 4 your birds start motors with compass error, it's very good(phantom 3 not start with compass error). Inspire 2 previously also started too, but with new firmware it show me error message and cannot start! It is professional drone, i have brain for decision-making can i start here or not. On the top of buildings or indoor flying i need start with compass error, for filming! It's not "Spark" or another baby drone, return take off function to professional drones, it very strong problem in work.

2018-9-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Can you take off in ATTI mode? Sometimes magnetic interference may be too severe in particular place. Also without firm GPS lock the drone will not risk taking off.
2018-9-10
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

If you lift it up , compass works? maybe taking off from a wooden table or something similar?
2018-9-10
Use props
Necromant
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-9-10 11:39
Can you take off in ATTI mode? Sometimes magnetic interference may be too severe in particular place. Also without firm GPS lock the drone will not risk taking off.

In ATTI and sport mode it can not take off too. Yes, magnetic interference is big in another place and i know what i do, then i fly here
2018-9-11
Use props
Necromant
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

Nicksons Posted at 2018-9-10 21:08
If you lift it up , compass works? maybe taking off from a wooden table or something similar?

Yes, if it bulding. I do not want to carry a table with me for fly...
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We were able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. You may do that by connecting your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and it will give you an option their to downgrade the firmware. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-9-11
Use props
Necromant
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-11 05:05
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We were able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. You may do that by connecting your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and it will give you an option their to downgrade the firmware. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for answer, hope for  fast resolve this problem
2018-9-11
Use props
Necromant
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-11 05:05
Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience. We were able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. You may do that by connecting your drone to the DJI Assistant 2 and it will give you an option their to downgrade the firmware. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello! New firmware is out, but problem not solved!!!! What happened with your software mans?? It stuped? Why i need use two step old firmware for normal fly of my 10000$ bird??
2019-1-28
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Necromant Posted at 1-28 00:29
Hello! New firmware is out, but problem not solved!!!! What happened with your software mans?? It stuped? Why i need use two step old firmware for normal fly of my 10000$ bird??

Hi Necromant, there are some issues with the latest firmware. Please downgrade to V100 and wait until Q2 2019 for new  Inspire 2 firmware.
2019-1-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JBSonic Posted at 1-28 10:29
Hi Necromant, there are some issues with the latest firmware. Please downgrade to V100 and wait until Q2 2019 for new  Inspire 2 firmware.

JB, would you kindly provide a link to this announcement, pls?
2019-1-28
Use props
JBSonic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 1-28 11:44
JB, would you kindly provide a link to this announcement, pls?

Yea sure: https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... ttery-investigation
On the 2019-01-16 they posted this update on the whole TB50/55 situation.
They stated "After extensive testing and close performance monitoring, DJI has determined that the current firmware, issued in December, eliminates the need for another firmware update this month."

When you look at previous release windows for I2 firmware, it will be a few months until they will release a new one if you consider internal beta testing.
Especially since how many issues there are with v300 and batteries being killed for many users (with no fault of their own), you can imagine that DJI might want to try and get v400 right  this time around. Hence why I think it will come early Q2.
2019-1-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JBSonic Posted at 1-29 03:01
Yea sure: https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/news/dji-concludes-tb55-battery-investigation
On the 2019-01-16 they posted this update on the whole TB50/55 situation.
They stated "After extensive testing and close performance monitoring, DJI has determined that the current firmware, issued in December, eliminates the need for another firmware update this month."

Let's hope your assumptions are right ...
2019-1-29
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

If your I2 will not start due of a compass error it has a reason for it.
A typical szenario would be on top of a building. Usualy there is a lot of iron in the concrete. There are also a lot of cables and other electromagnetic stuff.
If you initiate the I2 with such interference it can misslead the compass and set wrong start values. As soon as you fly up and leave the interference the compass would turn to its natural direction and tell the FC the drone is turning even it isn't. Together with different gps information this can lead to errors.
Those who fly since the early days remeber a lot of crashes because of initializing with electromagnetic interference.

There is always a solution.

- Try to move the starting point.
- Elevate the starting point on a aluminium, plastic, wooden  table or anything else non magnetic
- Learn on how to do safe hand starts and landings

On my last job I had the same known problem on top of a new 17 floor building. Changing the starting location did not help but hand starting while standing on top of alu aircon box was far away enough.
Plan B would have been to stay on top of the building, where the talent was acting, but starting the drone on the ground floor flying up to the top and landing it back at the ground floor.
There is always a work around ;)
2019-1-31
Use props
Necromant
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

Coyut Posted at 1-31 07:05
If your I2 will not start due of a compass error it has a reason for it.
A typical szenario would be on top of a building. Usualy there is a lot of iron in the concrete. There are also a lot of cables and other electromagnetic stuff.
If you initiate the I2 with such interference it can misslead the compass and set wrong start values. As soon as you fly up and leave the interference the compass would turn to its natural direction and tell the FC the drone is turning even it isn't. Together with different gps information this can lead to errors.

Thank you, Captain!

I can fly in attitude mode, if i have problem with compass in air. Big trouble of this firmware - it is't start after compass error, after move to another location. It need restart or calibrate compass(it is stupid action - calibrate compass on building or in the room).
2019-1-31
Use props
Necromant
lvl.2
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

How much time DJI programmers need to resolve this problem? 1 Year or maybe 2 years?  1 line of program code!!!
2019-3-14
Use props
fans4007eefe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 987736 ft
  • >>>
United States

This problem is just ridiculous. I have two inspire 2 drones. One constantly has a compass error and will almost never takeoff On a job. And the other one takes off every time with zero issues. Both are running the same firmware. Please fix this fucking problem. I have sent the drone in twice and it was swapped out. Still have the same issue.
2020-7-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans4007eefe Posted at 7-28 10:45
This problem is just ridiculous. I have two inspire 2 drones. One constantly has a compass error and will almost never takeoff On a job. And the other one takes off every time with zero issues. Both are running the same firmware. Please fix this fucking problem. I have sent the drone in twice and it was swapped out. Still have the same issue.

Just cool down and think for a while ...

1. One Inspire 2 in your fleet has no issue with compass and she's flying fine.
2. Another Inspire 2 is stubbornly displaying compass error warnings, refusing to take off.
3. Both birds are on the same FW version.

It is obvious that this is a hardware/QC related issue, not firmware.
2020-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules