Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Air Image Quality
10988 13 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsfilmz0412
Captain
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't know guys. The mavic air seems to keep up with the Mavic 2 Pro image wise. Im having a hard time letting go of the Air. Will post my verdict here soon. I just don't know yet. Its a tough call between these two. Here is a video with some downloadable footage for you guys to mess around with.

2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your video. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think it depends on what your looking for, the Mavic Air looks sharper, but I think settings might have something to do with it, the Pro looks more watchable or more cinematic, also it is streets ahead in low light and photographs are going to be much better. But if your looking for sharp not smooth footage then keep the spark, I’m keeping mine, but I will be using M2 Pro a lot more.
2018-9-10
Use props
No Man's Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I just sold my Mavic Air for $750 with Fly More Combo, an extra battery and PolarPro's Cinema and Limited series filters. Almost half the price for what I paid for originally but the Mavic 2 Pro's 10-bit capability and has got me sold as well as range. The 5k RAW images I took last night using my M2P at night time blew my mind too!

Just like you, I had a hard time letting go of my Mavic Air. My daughter also has the Zoom so...
2018-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-9-10
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Still waiting for nd filters Try some nighttime footage. I did some through a tree in my backyard at night to a lamp post. You'll see the 10 bit stomps the 8 in that scenario. I could see the leaves and everything. Sky was bluish too and this was 11pm. The 8 bit on normal was bootay. Oh I forgot nice video!
2018-9-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I keep them all.  I really enjoy having a stable of quads.  They all have their niches.
2018-9-10
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.3
United States

Mavic 2 pro will have more dynamic range and better low light performance than the Mavic Air, in addition to d-log and 10 bit color.  I think the Mavic Air video looks great, but the lousy wifi signal performance made me switch to the Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-10
Use props
jsfilmz0412
Captain
Flight distance : 13428 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys. Thanks for the replies.  Im not really too crazy about lowlight since I can't fly during night times where im at anyways Its illegal.
2018-9-11
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-9-10 13:35
I keep them all.  I really enjoy having a stable of quads.  They all have their niches.

Same here. I am a hoarder of quadcopters and drones. Nothing leaves once I have my hands on them.
2018-9-11
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Am I missing something?  If you posted the mavic air video straight from the camera, then why not display the M2P video straight from the camera.  I can tell you; my M2P shoots much better video "straight from the camera" and normal mode than the ones you posted of the mavic air.  Again; am I missing something here?
2018-9-11
Use props
MagicRide
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

If you're a pro working with software, has a fast computer, has the time, and knows hows to color video and photographs, the Mavic 2 pro is the drone for you. Out of the box the Mavic air is great specially for someone that posts 3 minute videos on youtube and social media.
2018-9-11
Use props
MagicRide
First Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Mavic 2 pro is the pros drone. If you have a good computer and are good at working with software that enhances video and photography in post the M2P is great. However for those who just enjoy taking out that drone and posting on youtube, and social media, the Mavic air is a the one for you and that's me. Without some post work the video on Youtube (which is very compressed) is not that much different from the Mavic air. Because of the one inch CMOS on the Pro 2 you get incredible low light footage, but you must remember not every place allows night flying.
2018-9-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules