How do I know for sure it's brand new?
1216 14 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sweden81
lvl.2

Sweden

Hi guys

Now that MP2 has entered the market there are alot of MP drones for sale.
Most them are used but some are never used.

How can I be sure as buyer that the drone never been used and is new. Is there  way to check that?

2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Would it be possible to provide us the serial number of the aircraft? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-10
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

When you try to connect to it from the app, a new drone should ask for activation
2018-9-10
Use props
Sweden81
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-10 11:28
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Would it be possible to provide us the serial number of the aircraft? We're here to help you. Thank you.

Ty for reply

I have not bought one yet. I want to know if I can check it before I finish a purchase.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sweden81 Posted at 2018-9-10 11:33
Ty for reply

I have not bought one yet. I want to know if I can check it before I finish a purchase.

Hi, well probably just make sure that the box is sealed with a plastic cover, and also take note what's inside the box that is included. Kindly refer to the link below for a better understanding. Thank you.

In The Box
2018-9-10
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

The new drone you can register under your account.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-10
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-9-10 11:29
When you try to connect to it from the app, a new drone should ask for activation

Yup! It should ask for activation. If not, then its not brand new.
2018-9-10
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

But how to know BEFORE you buy?
2018-9-11
Use props
Sweden81
lvl.2

Sweden

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-11 05:03
But how to know BEFORE you buy?

Yes, thats what Im asking for
2018-9-11
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Switch it on and connect it to your device when you are test flying it before buying it. That way you will see if the drone asks for activation or not.
P.s. you abviously need internet connection when test flying the drone.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-11
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

There really is not going to be a way to know prior to buying.. Not unless you are buying off someone you are meeting in person. But if you are going through Ebay you just have to review the persons ratings and take their word on it that they are honest.
2018-9-11
Use props
Sweden81
lvl.2

Sweden

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-11 07:39
There really is not going to be a way to know prior to buying.. Not unless you are buying off someone you are meeting in person. But if you are going through Ebay you just have to review the persons ratings and take their word on it that they are honest.

Yes, its from a Swedish site(Tradera), tiny version of Ebay
2018-9-11
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Austria

But what is actually the problem of having a second hand drone? If it is undamaged and works normal, it should be fine right? If you really want to have a brand new drone you have to buy it in a store or at dji itself.
2018-9-11
Use props
Sweden81
lvl.2

Sweden

GhostWolf010 Posted at 2018-9-11 08:00
But what is actually the problem of having a second hand drone? If it is undamaged and works normal, it should be fine right? If you really want to have a brand new drone you have to buy it in a store or at dji itself.

The Mavic Pro drones are expensive
You can find new drones for 2/3 price, and 1/3 save is alot of money

Why its important?
Because I cant buy and use  DJI Care on  a used drone
2018-9-11
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

I am sure this can be easily faked, but I tried as hard as I could to take the tape off the outside white box, but where the tape connects with the inner black box, it seems almost impossible to take it off cleanly.  The inner box seems to be a very soft paper, so it leaves a mark. I am sure a hair dryer would probably make my point moot, but worth a look.
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules