Goggles with 360 video (and other uses)
2688 1 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Decky
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I was thinking of going for the DJI goggles to use with my recently acquired Mavic Air which got me thinking about their possible other uses. One thought I had was whether they could be used to view 360 video to create a VR experience (though not in 3D). If a camera like the GoPro Fusion can record video of a scene in all directions at once, can the head tracking capability of the goggles somehow be used to trigger a particular part of that video image to be shown by the goggles undistorted, according to where you’re looking?  It would be like recreating an experience in VR (e.g. a country walk in amazing scenery) and you would be able to look all around you and maybe spot things happening that you missed the first time. I can’t find anything about whether that’s been done or even possible but I can’t see why not. Any thoughts or advise please?
Apart from that, has anyone used the goggles for purposes other than drone FPV (which I'm sure is pretty amazing)?

2018-9-10
Use props
djiuser_6HOFP1kRTkgq
New

France

I would like to do the same, with GoPro fusion ans dji goggles. However, it doesn't work. Ils someone Can help me ?
Thanks
2019-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules