Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro Head tracking issues
4748 11 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

When Head tracking  flight is used, yawing the aircraft is very erratic slowing down or even stalling for short moments while performing a sweeping yaw maneuver.

Also when using Head tracking gimbal there is no way to avoid small horizontal hitter movements even with the Head completely motionless.

The root of the problem appears to be a yaw motion threshold set too low. Apparently vertical movements are more stable (higher threshold setting).

DJI please fix this!
2018-9-10
Use props
ErwinPPG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1042890 ft

Hello Roamer105,

I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Goggles RE. But the head tracking does not work at all. I think that DJI is not finished with the software updates to enable head tracking.

Regards,

Erwin  
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're really sorry for the trouble caused. Just to clarify, may I know if the firmware of your DJI Googles RE is updated to the latest version?
2018-9-18
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the latest version on both the M2P and the RE Goggles and head tracking is not working.  Ugh.
2018-10-4
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-18 10:19
Hi, we're really sorry for the trouble caused. Just to clarify, may I know if the firmware of your DJI Googles RE is updated to the latest version?

Definitively all components up to the latest.
2018-10-16
Use props
brimbo mavic zoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7700 ft
Malta

Hi i have the same problem with my mavic zoom.White goggles updated with latest firmware but head gimbal tracking not working.Is there any settings i am missing?Thanks
2018-11-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

brimbo mavic zoom Posted at 11-17 00:56
Hi i have the same problem with my mavic zoom.White goggles updated with latest firmware but head gimbal tracking not working.Is there any settings i am missing?Thanks

It needs to be activated in one of the Goggles menus, swipe down with two fingers on the touchpad and all should be clearer. There is also an option to set sensitivity in the 'Settings' (cogwheel) menu which is accessed by selecting the 'toolbox' on the screen.

And another thing that may be of interest is that there is a Goggles calibration, done on a level surface, to give the goggles a zero reference for horizontal position. This is in the 'Settings' menu again as 'IMU calibration', this is the IMU in Goggles, not the aircraft.
2018-11-17
Use props
brimbo mavic zoom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7700 ft
Malta

Aardvark Posted at 11-17 01:30
It needs to be activated in one of the Goggles menus, swipe down with two fingers on the touchpad and all should be clearer. There is also an option to set sensitivity in the 'Settings' (cogwheel) menu which is accessed by selecting the 'toolbox' on the screen.

And another thing that may be of interest is that there is a Goggles calibration, done on a level surface, to give the goggles a zero reference for horizontal position. This is in the 'Settings' menu again as 'IMU calibration', this is the IMU in Goggles, not the aircraft.

Thanks for your help.I have entered in settings where there is gimbal tracking and also have done goggles calibration.Will try to do it again.If you have a demostration link how to do it will be better to understand what i am doing wrong.Thanks again.
2018-11-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

brimbo mavic zoom Posted at 11-17 01:57
Thanks for your help.I have entered in settings where there is gimbal tracking and also have done goggles calibration.Will try to do it again.If you have a demostration link how to do it will be better to understand what i am doing wrong.Thanks again.

Presumably the Goggles & aircraft firmware are up to date ?

I don't have a Mavic 2 Zoom so can't check functionality here. I know it works well on my P4 & Mavic Pro.

I can't see a specific video in DJIs on head tracking, you can have a look or search online

2018-11-17
Use props
fans92942895
New

Italy

Hello I got same problem with my zoom; tryed all the solution up here; non tracking head gimbal with goggles re and i just brought for this reason ! Please give a solution
2019-5-10
Use props
fans92942895
New

Italy

ErwinPPG Posted at 2018-9-11 05:15
Hello Roamer105,

I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Goggles RE. But the head tracking does not work at all. I think that DJI is not finished with the software updates to enable head tracking.

Have you solved ? Regards
2019-5-10
Use props
Stonelotus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111549 ft
United States

I have the same problem with head tracking not working after update on Mavic 2 Zoom. Also camera gimbal will not stay level  after startup and gimbal range of motion is done the camera will go to 45degrees from level either left or right  with a gimbal load warning on the Djigo4 app. I am getting very frustrated with Dji and the lack of customer support. And I hate that I have spent so much money on this and the only way to take care of it is to spend even more money to send the drone to them so they can tell me..............wait for it.........even  more money.  I've got a Mavic pro platinum and a Mavic2 zoom and neither of them will function properly. Even the controllers are unreliable. I've had the controller switch from the 2 setting to a setting with completely reversed controls MID FLIGHT.! Another strange thing that happens is lights on the controller will randomly start to glow dimly even when the controller is turned off and not plugged into anything. And then add to that problems with getting The Dji assistant app to even recognize the drones even from one moment to the next.or even at all. AT THIS POINT I WISH I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD THE NAME DJI.  AND IF WRAPPING IT ALL UP AND SENDING IT BACK TO THEM AND GETTING A REFUND ACCROSS THE BOARD WAS AN OPTION FOR ME I WOULD DO THAT IMMEDIATELY. AND YOU SHOULD CONSIDER DOING THE SAME IF ITS NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU.
It's really too bad because if the equipment worked like it was supposed to reliably it would be a dream machine.......BUT IT DOES NOT!         Seriously if at all possible I strongly suggest you get your money back.
Sincerely,( a very unsatisfied owner) Tony M.
2020-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules