Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 12% Critical Battery Flight responsiveness?
1316 5 2018-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MauiMaps
lvl.4

So 10% battery is still 3 minutes and 6 seconds of flight remaining.

Often I am less than 100 feet away at 15% battery, taking 1 last shot and then my critical battery begins at 12%. (Auto decent begins which is normal), but all controls begin to feel like sport mode I learned obstacle avoidance seems to be disabaled. Turning left or right overshoots, as well as once flying straight the battery went from 13-12% triggering critical battery and the camera angel/flight moved more than 40° to the right :O

I have read the manual a few times and can not find if (less responsive control inputs) is normal behavior for critcal battery?

On a side note the manual says critical battery should only begin at 5% battery, as well as the RTH and low battery alert can be muted. Neither seem to be the case.

critical.PNG
2018-9-10
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

I tried yesterday to mute the battery alarm by pressing power button once with no result... Why we should read the manual if it is wrong?
2018-9-10
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Thriller Posted at 2018-9-10 23:12
I tried yesterday to mute the battery alarm by pressing power button once with no result... Why we should read the manual if it is wrong?

Because believe it or not, the initial release 2 weeks after launch of a new product things are never 100% perfect.
2018-9-11
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I didn't notice any change in responsiveness when the battery was at a critically low level but have only ever been there a couple of times. Normally, I try to land with more reserve.
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask what is the current status of your aircraft after the scenario? The beeping sound of the RC cannot be silenced and I will forward this information to correct the manual. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-14
Use props
Gimpy
lvl.4
United States

Having flown multiple Mavic Pros and now the Mavic 2, I can confirm that this behavior (response to your control input) is normal. As far as the critical battery level, the manual is flat out wrong: 10% is the minimum percentage that'll cause landing to be initiated, and that percentage increases with the drone's height. In other words, if you're at, say 400 feet AGL, the landing will begin sooner than it would if you were only at 40 feet AGL. The idea is to ensure a soft landing, though of course the altitude is relative to your home point and may or may not reflect the reality of the distance from your drone to the ground.
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules