Vision App v1.0.54 Ground Station Waypoint Range
3346 10 2014-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Does anyone know if the waypoint range limit is still in place in the new version? I have been using a hacked version of the app with the limit removed to get around the problem. I would like to use some of the features in the new app but I need to be able to set waypoints further away.
2014-11-5
Use props
rojoyinc
New

United States

I don't like or understand that limitation ?  If it needs to be close - I could fly it there myself.  The reason for waypoint control is to send it to locations on the map where we'd have a hard time flying manually.

Really it's worthless anyway - you can't aim the camera where you want it during flight or define where it should point = (

l
2014-11-5
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Hi Jmtw000,

The waypoint range limit is for flight safety protection. In the new DJI Vision App, it is not mentioned that this function is removed.

There are indeed quite a number of improvements in the new App, you can refer to Page 2 of the release note: http://download.dji-innovations. ... elease_Notes_en.pdf

Anyway, I hope you can enjoy your flying.
2014-11-5
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Jolie Posted at 2014-11-6 14:38
Hi Jmtw000,

The waypoint range limit is for flight safety protection. In the new DJI Vision App, it ...

Some(most) of us don't want/need your flight safety protection and in fact are quite annoyed by it. This "feature" alone will make me less likely to purchase a DJI product in the future as it severely and artificially limits the usefulness of this drone . Why not make the limit optional, on by default, so that users can disable it at their own risk? I mean, there's already a hacked version of the app available with the limitation removed. You're not really stopping anyone from doing what they want, just making it more difficult and causing your customers to consider your competitors for their next purchase.
2014-11-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

That's all well and good, but DJI being a responsible manufacture has to work with the CAA / FAA and the like to promote safe flying.
Most countries have rules on maintaining unaided visual line of sight with your model aircraft.
We are lucky to have any sort of Ground Station software included.
2014-11-6
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

jmtw000@gmail.c Posted at 2014-11-6 22:35
Some(most) of us don't want/need your flight safety protection and in fact are quite annoyed by it ...

Hi Jmtw000,

thank you very much for your kindly suggestion. I will forward this message to my R&D colleagues. Hopefully, they will come out with a solution soon. Best and enjoy your flights!
2014-11-6
Use props
roy.collins
New

Colombia

Where can I get the hacked version of the Vision app without the silly 500m limitation?
2014-11-22
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

removed; I found that this was a pirated version of the DJI app.
2014-11-22
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Why does the Vision App Ground Station have a 500 meter range limit while the iPad and PC Ground Station have a 2 KM range? Why is it safe to fly 2 KM away with the other versions but not with the Vision App?
2015-2-4
Use props
johnwarr.live
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The iPad and PC versions of Ground Station are designed to work with much larger aircraft, not just the "hobby" Phantoms.
Since I got my V+ in July 14 I have used GS a total of 0 times, its not a feature for me as I like to fly my own Phantom, not just send it out into the blue yonder on a mission to nowhere.
2015-2-4
Use props
grangerfx.gmail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Let me try that again: Why is is safe to fly a larger heavier more powerful commercial drone 2 KM away but not a lighter safer personal drone?

I am the opposite kind of pilot. I like smart drones that do smart things like autopilot. Commercial jets fly on autopilot most of the time. With the P2V+ flying its waypoints, I can compose camera angles and keep a careful watch on its position. My last few flights convinced me that I am already depending on autonomous flying to get my drone safely back to me via Go To Home or home lock flight modes. I may as well spend my time carefully setting up waypoints and be prepared to abort the flight if anything goes wrong.
2015-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules