FLIGHT LOGS IN PILOT APP
2720 9 2015-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

So where is the flight log in the pilot app? I know there are unreadable files in the mobile device, But I am looking for the built in app and how to access it. Do you need to have the app up and running with it connected to the remote and it connected to the aircraft? I can't find in in the pilot app at all. Running android and pilot app 1.1.0
2015-5-29
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Click on the "user Center" on the bottom of the main App screen . Then click the middle icon , it looks like a triangle with a curve above it .. There are your flight logs ..

2015-5-29
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

Total Posted at 2015-5-30 11:24
Click on the "user Center" on the bottom of the main App screen . Then click the middle icon , it lo ...

Thanks  I knew it was supposed to be somewhere. Too bad DJI doesn't know how to write usable manuals huh.
2015-5-29
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Canada

The Phantom 3 is new , manuals will come in time .... Patience .....
2015-5-29
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

I see "Total" gave you the right answer. However....

The version you reference is NOT the proper version for Android devices. If you got that version via Google Play, the playstore, etc., it is NOT the correct version.

You need to download the version from the DJI site. You *might* be able to find the pilot log on the version you have, but you'll have lots of other problems. There are a gazillion known problems with that version.
2015-5-30
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-30 19:41
I see "Total" gave you the right answer. However....

The version you reference is NOT the proper ve ...

That is the version they have on the DJI website for Android.  Have you seen another version and can tell us how to download it?
2015-5-30
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

zt6kxt41@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-30 20:20
That is the version they have on the DJI website for Android.  Have you seen another version and c ...

My humble apologies - you DO have the correct Android version.
In my haste I must have mentally transposed the numbers I saw.
For about a week or so there were a lot of guys who were using the pilot app that was downloaded from the Google store - that one definitely doesn't work.

You apparently do have the one that's available from the DJI web site.

Again, my apologies for misleading you.
2015-5-30
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-30 23:58
In my haste I must have mentally tr ...

Yes - I had to go check my app version again , I thought that it was the latest but ..... This can happen to anyone , all is good ...
2015-5-30
Use props
zt6kxt41
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-30 23:58
In my haste I must have mentally tr ...

We good...it was just wishful thinking that the developers would update the Andriod app anytime soon!!!!
2015-6-2
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
United States

zt6kxt41@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-2 22:03
We good...it was just wishful thinking that the developers would update the Andriod app anytime so ...

Speaking of Android apps...

This morning I drug everything into the living room.
Removed props from the Phantom 3.
Connected mobile device (Samsung Galaxy S5) to the controller.
Turned on controller.
Turned on Phantom 3.
Started screen capture program on mobile device.
Started Pilot app on mobile device.

I think I was about 30 seconds into capturing some screenshots of the Pilot app when I suddenly noticed in the status window - "...no signal..."

Well, Geez. The controller and the Phantom were sitting about 10" from each other. What the...?
My first thought was that the Pilot app stopped running. However, I assume in that case it would show a disconnect. Do I have that right? Disconnect means the pilot app dropped the connection with the controller and if the controller and Phantom stop communicating that says no signal?

Well, since the props weren't attached and the motors were never started, my Phantom didn't RTH, didn't crash - didn't do anything except sit there. Within a few more seconds of futzing around getting the pilot app back on the screen, the Phantom "woke up" again. I can only guess that it had been asleep. I guess a hazy summer morning in central Florida made it sleepy!

Ultimately I collected a series of 20-something screenshots - need some more. Got a hare-brained idea (or is it hair-brained?) I'm going to write some sort of pilot app manual. In a worst case situation, I'm hoping I can build something that will link any item I'm looking for to where on the pilot app the appropriate menu option will appear. Wish me luck - it's already pretty convoluted! If I can get what I hope I can get, I'll put it in the form of a .pdf and figure out the most likely place to upload it.
2015-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules