Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ronin-m autotune stability ***video with issue futher down page***
12Next >
8686 40 2015-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Is anyone else getting the loud vibrating sound when using the autotune stability,  Ive read people saying it shouldn't and that its not balanced correctly, but it definately is. I have perfect manual balance after spending ages just in order to see if the sound/vibrations stopped.  still happens...

this video shows the same issue at 5:24

2015-5-29
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

yes its happening here. What camera are you using?

I find it funny that the guy has no idea this is NOT normal lol...
2015-5-29
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

5d mk3 and using 16-35 lens

to be honest i didnt know it wasn't normal as i have not used a gimbal before.  why has this not been addressed?
2015-5-30
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

Apparently its not a problem... its the camera that is not perfectly balance. I have the same setup as you (5d III with 16-35).

You need to be able to balance the camera so its stay's in what ever angle you put it in, and I haven't been able to do that yet...

I suggest we compare our settings on the ruler/scale to see if we both balance our camera the same way
2015-5-30
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

happy to do that but i know for a fact its not that, even so the manual  says rough balance (im pretty sure anyway) but when i open the app ive had it so the numbers are coming up 0 0 0 on the live data so its perfectly balanced, it also stays wherever i put it.   can a dji rep please respond, ive emailed a notification but no response.
2015-5-30
Use props
AndersMontgomer
lvl.2

Norway

I think the sound it makes from the motor when you use the autotune stability is for the gimbal to figure out the power and stiffness required by the motors to keep your gimbal running as optimised as it should.
2015-5-31
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The scary vibrating sound heard at 5:24 happened to me as well.. And i am pretty sure i have balanced my camera correctly on it. The camera + lenses i use are: canon 5D3 + 24-105mm at 24mm. e-mailed european DJI Support about it, will report once i get a reply. Funny thing is, last thursday we went and tried the Ronin - M At Gear Factory in London, UK And using the auto tune stability app on the iphone did not produced such sounds..
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

nice one let me know if /when they reply.  its odd that there is a few people having this issue, ive stopped using it now and just set it manually but im not sure if/what damage it could be doing.  ive not seen any replies from dji reps in here but loads for the phantom 3...   

also just to state, the gimbal works pretty well if i turn up the strength of the motors (a little more than the auto tune recommends) else its really shakey and pretty much like handheld footage
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

yeah the last post Ive seen from DJI here was like a weeks ago... I don't think this vibrating problem is normal just because of the balancing issues or else there would be wayyyy more post about it.
2015-5-31
Use props
mark
lvl.2

United States

Yes I get that exact same sound as well. It happens whether the camera is perfectly balanced or not. I never thought it was a problem as the gimbal seems to work just fine for me
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

did everyone tried contacting DJI?

ronin@dji.com

and

us.support@dji.com

if everyone sends them emails it will help make this progress. And also say that there's no support from DJI on the forum
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yeah gimbal is working pretty much fine for me too its just not a flattering sound and with many saying its not normal, i can imagine it being a fault where it eventually burns out the motors or shortens the life of them...  im making a little video now to show the issue and hopefully more people will be able to respond to see if they have the same issue...  

2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

please do let me know if anyone notices something i have done wrong/different but from what i have read and watched online on tutorial vids, forums and in the manual I have set it up correctly

2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

yes your balancing is spot on... the only only thing I could see would be to put the lens mount further front, but I did that and I have the same problem so...

So we now have confirmation that there's a problem with the Ronin-M, not with the users/balacing. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed with a update.
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ive tried the camera on the mount in two positions, the hole second from the back and in this setup in the center slider gap both have the same issue!
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

The stiffness level on your video (49 15 51) is that what you entered manually or is that the app that adjusted the stiffness after the "auto-tune" ? Did you try running it at lower numbers?
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

jhamelin@jhdpro Posted at 2015-6-1 00:45
The stiffness level on your video (49 15 51) is that what you entered manually or is that the app th ...

thats what the app suggests, I have tried lower numbers 40's 30's 20's 10's and i recon with this setup i have got the best results around 40-55
2015-5-31
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

In the wake of this problem, i tried to balance the ronin this time in a way that once turned on, the camera would rotate facing me instead. balanced it pretty decently, turn it on, the pan motor was vibrating tremendously. Opened the DJI Assistant PC App, clicked on autotune. Same thing happened again, same dreadfull sounds from the motor, BUT the pan motor stopped vibrating. turned the RoM off, Re-balanced in the correct way, turned it on again. No pan motor vibrating like hell.

comes to think, what if that IS the way the ronin auto tune itself?
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

I don't know, I haven't seen videos of it auto-tuning the proper way, everyone stops and cut that part out lol.  But the Ronin 1 was doing the same exact thing when people were mounting dslrs on them.
2015-5-31
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jhamelin, would you care to share the videos of the ro M auto tune the proper way? Thanks
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

I had to edit my text, I rewatched a video that I thought he was showing it... but he doesn't, he cuts that part out

4:33

I will continue looking
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

also on the calibrate option in more, mine doesnt move much atall and there isnt a 'succesful calibration' notice or anything but not sure if there is meant to be one?!
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

On the pc software I dont have a bar, but same thing here. the camera won't move and the calibration process will go from 0 to 100% and then it will say calibration completed
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i dont even get the calibration complete on ios
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

Looks like my Ronin will be collecting dust for the next few weeks
2015-5-31
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Few people have got it working fine.. What is going on, DJI?
2015-5-31
Use props
contact
lvl.1

United States

Same issue. Major vibration when using autotune just like the top video. At first I thought I did something wrong, turned everything off, double checked the balance, tried it again and same thing. I guessed it was just how the autotune figures stiffness settings. It always has my tilt access pretty low (below 20) but my others usually around 40-50. Tried increasing the tilt once and it started vibrating like crazy even though it was just sitting on the stand. Camera is perfectly balanced and less than half of the weight limit. Try increasing your stiffness settings to higher than 50 and see if that makes your motors go wild.

I was trying to work on the tilt access because I still feel like I get a bit too much shake when I walk. Not sure if I should make it stiffer or less stiff. Also not fully understanding exactly what the trim does.
2015-5-31
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.3

United States

I have the same exact sounds coming out from my perfectly balanced gimbal, but I think it is normal. The IMU is finding the best tuning spot from 0 power to vibration. If you were to tune an AlexMos gimbal controller on a custom gimbal - you would be doing the same thing Auto-Tune is doing in the Ronin M. Just my thought .
2015-5-31
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

why is DJI ignoring this thread if it was normal? they replied a few minutes ago at someone else but nothing here or in the other threads about it.

Even in the DJI Ronin-M guide they talk about this problem in the troubleshooting section.

I hope you are right but....
2015-5-31
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.2

United States

None of your Ronin M is balanced correctly, especially "ainsworthwillia". The problem is, everyone is relying on the "Auto-Tune" as the easy button.  All 3 axis must be balanced independently, and once they are perfectly balanced, they work in conjunction.  Has nothing to do with what settings you have on the app, it all comes down to "hard balance".  The problem is, DJI doesn't really clarify what "hard balance"  is and many figured they just need to get close.  I had the same problem, Vetical, Roll, and Depth axis are perfectly balanced, the camera doesn't move, but once I turn the camera on, it vibrates and make noises.  Once I start fine tuning the balance of the Pan axis (button on top of battery), its completely silent now whenever I turn the Ronin-M on.
2015-5-31
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Don't worry, that's normal
2015-6-1
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

mydaddy Posted at 2015-6-1 12:52
None of your Ronin M is balanced correctly, especially "ainsworthwillia". The problem is, everyone i ...

can you explain how mine isnt balanced correctly, if you check the video it stays wherever i put it, and is at 000
2015-6-1
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-1 17:18
Don't worry, that's normal

so why are some people getting these noises and some not?
2015-6-1
Use props
edstrand2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I come to the same conclusion today. Balnaced my Ro M correctly, checked it on the PC Assistant App, all axis at 0.0XXX pressed auto tune stability. did the dreadfull noises (to me they really sound like my gimbal it's about self destry itself! and after the stiffness of the motors where set.

Yet, it is amusing knowing that some people got the noises when using the auto tune and some others not. Wonder why..

Still, really want to know how we are supposed to balance our Gimbal correctly as well, mydaddy!
2015-6-1
Use props
Ray
lvl.1

United States

edstrand2@gmail Posted at 2015-6-2 02:03
I come to the same conclusion today. Balnaced my Ro M correctly, checked it on the PC Assistant App, ...

My makes noise...not for as long and possibly not as loud but I have been using a tiny little NX1 and paper light plastic lens.   My Alexmos kits didi a little dance when they went into auto tune.. they have more flex than the Ronin so it was more of a tiny wiggle than bzzzz/grrrr sound     Anyway, I thought it was normal, makes no noise when I am using its working very well.
2015-6-1
Use props
Ray
lvl.1

United States

mydaddy Posted at 2015-6-1 12:52
None of your Ronin M is balanced correctly, especially "ainsworthwillia". The problem is, everyone i ...

pretty sure..... 99.9999% its balanced, I balance Steadicams pretty often and built (and balanced) my own gimbals for a couple years anyway my Ronin Makes noise when you auto tune but not while using it.
2015-6-1
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ray Posted at 2015-6-2 03:22
pretty sure..... 99.9999% its balanced, I balance Steadicams pretty often and built (and balanced) ...

same the noise is only when using the auto tune
2015-6-1
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.2

United States

edstrand2@gmail Posted at 2015-6-2 02:03
I come to the same conclusion today. Balnaced my Ro M correctly, checked it on the PC Assistant App, ...

I had the same problem, relying on the App, all numbers are perfect, but everytime I turn it on or auto tune, its buzzing and making noise. Then I fine tune the pan axis, the knob right above the battery. Swing your Ronin around on the stand so the camera is facing in instead of out. Push your top handle bar forward so the battery is high up as possible. Hold it for 30 seconds, it should not swing back down. Once I got this balanced, no more noise, push power and its silent.  I'll post a video in a week.
2015-6-1
Use props
DaVePI
lvl.3

United States

ainsworthwillia Posted at 2015-6-2 03:42
same the noise is only when using the auto tune

Well,... then all is good! If its operating well - there is nothing to worry about.
2015-6-1
Use props
jhamelin
lvl.3
Canada

on REDuser.com

btw, for mac users. I received the beta and it works perfectly on my apple!
2015-6-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules