Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HRD/AEB how to?
3299 16 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkinJob2501
lvl.4

United States

Hello all,

There has to be a straigtforward way to collate or combine (stitch) AEB/HDR photos from the spark in a reasonably quick way. I have not found one and am reaching out to the community for help. I can take as many of these photos as I want but using them is beyond my skillset. What software should I use? Is there an easy way to do this without using the drone while its connected or turned on (software)? I have a dozen gigs of photos, probably half are HDR/AEB and id really like to edit them. Any advice is very welcome. The user manual is, in my opinion, garbage, rife will grammatical errors. Where do I go from here?
Edit: Also it would be great if the same software worked for the Spark and the Mavic 2 zoom.  

Thanks!

-SkinJob2501

2018-9-16
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Honestly I have no idea so far what the aeb images are for and how they are used

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-16
Use props
Johnny C!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

I have downloaded the demo of Easy HDR & it's
pretty good. I'm going to try Photomatix again
before purchasing either one. I think Photomatix
has more preset options.

Both are easy & straight forward.

John
2018-9-16
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

But what advantages the aeb gives you?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-17 02:42
But what advantages the aeb gives you?

Fly safe

Better dynamic range when multiple photos with different exposure are processed and combined into one.
2018-9-17
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-9-17 04:39
Better dynamic range when multiple photos with different exposure are processed and combined into one.

Thanks for explaining

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-17
Use props
sergio.flor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 798301 ft
Spain

I love this mode. I use photomatix in my PC and VibranceHDR in my Android phone. Both are very simple to use.
same pics

2018-9-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.4

United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-16 11:35
Honestly I have no idea so far what the aeb images are for and how they are used

Fly safe

Automatic Exposure Bracketing uses 3-5 images taken almost simultaneously to generate a single image that has High Dynamic Range (HDR). It uses variable shutter speeds and exposures to get a range of high (overexposed) exposure shots and low (under exposed shots) to make the image bright and colorful, like many of the shots you see on skypixel with unnaturally bright and vibrant colors. Hopefully this answers your question.

-SkinJob2501
2018-9-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.4

United States

sergio.flor Posted at 2018-9-18 03:30
I love this mode. I use photomatix in my PC and VibranceHDR in my Android phone. Both are very simple to use.
same pics
[view_image]

Are they free? if not, what is the cost? I would like to play around with some AEB/HDR shots but i do mostly video editing and dont see the need to pay for something I may not use at this point, if I choose to go that route, I will pay for some software in the future. Currently im a bit underfunded as I bought a new rig recently

-SkinJob2501
2018-9-18
Use props
Johnny C!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

Photomatix & easy HDR both have trial downloads.
Then you can purchase if you like them.

John

Also, AEB allows you to choose the better exposure
while shooting is a difficult lighting condition. It's a
carry over from shooting real film for me, even if I am not planning to create an HDR image.

2018-9-18
Use props
sergio.flor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 798301 ft
Spain

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-9-18 03:47
Are they free? if not, what is the cost? I would like to play around with some AEB/HDR shots but i do mostly video editing and dont see the need to pay for something I may not use at this point, if I choose to go that route, I will pay for some software in the future. Currently im a bit underfunded as I bought a new rig recently

-SkinJob2501

VibranceHDR is free and it works great. Photomatix cost 99$ the pro version and 39$ the essential version.
https://www.hdrsoft.com/order.php
2018-9-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.4

United States

sergio.flor Posted at 2018-9-18 03:58
VibranceHDR is free and it works great. Photomatix cost 99$ the pro version and 39$ the essential version.
https://www.hdrsoft.com/order.php

Sweet. you sir, are a radical person. Made my day once again.
-SkinJob2501
2018-9-18
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Captain

Croatia

Pretty much any free photo editing software can do HDR nowadays. I recommend Gimp.... free as in beer and extremely powerful (to the degree of paid apps like Lightroom or similar)
2018-9-18
Use props
AC5FF
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

As we are discussing some photo editing software here.  Does anyone use Photoshop any longer?

I used to have access to it and would use the heck out of it.  After getting my Spark I considered buying my own copy.  But I am not going to pay for a subscription.  Any suggestions for how to get Photoshop without a subscription (and legally? HA!).
2018-9-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergio.flor Posted at 2018-9-18 03:30
same pics
[view_image]

Great shots   
2018-9-18
Use props
LouisP
Captain
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I second using GIMP as a free photo editor.  Very powerful and free.. just google for how to use it with AEB photos.. plenty of tutorials out there.
2018-9-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.4

United States

AC5FF Posted at 2018-9-18 07:48
As we are discussing some photo editing software here.  Does anyone use Photoshop any longer?

I used to have access to it and would use the heck out of it.  After getting my Spark I considered buying my own copy.  But I am not going to pay for a subscription.  Any suggestions for how to get Photoshop without a subscription (and legally? HA!).

no, photoshop is too expensive and not particularly user friendly. The discussion is primarily about free software.

edit; Is has an I in it.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules