Mavic 2 zoom camera tilting down like the mavic air...
12Next >
4707 43 2018-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bimmer1122
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481844 ft
Philippines

i've be experiencing tilting down of m2 zoom camera when the "Strong Wind. Fly with caution" message warning pops out,  In position mode.
does anyone experiencing this issue?
2018-9-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Did you try to fly in a different location?
2018-9-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-12 04:54
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Did you try to fly in a different location?

Hi Wanda,
Do you really think that different location will help??
Or do you mean another flight with less wind?

cheers
JJB
2018-9-12
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.3
Philippines

ill try but the issue is everytime the strong wind warning pops out the camera tilts down like the mavic air in sports mode but in mavic2 im only in position mode
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JJBspark Posted at 2018-9-12 07:20
Hi Wanda,
Do you really think that different location will help??
Or do you mean another flight with less wind?

With the less wind, I mean. Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-12 13:54
ill try but the issue is everytime the strong wind warning pops out the camera tilts down like the mavic air in sports mode but in mavic2 im only in position mode

Hi, Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Since there's a strong wind during the flight there's a possibility that it will affect the position of the gimbal mid-air. Kindly try to fly in a recommended environment to see if the tilting would persist.
2018-9-13
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-13 13:55
Hi, Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Since there's a strong wind during the flight there's a possibility that it will affect the position of the gimbal mid-air. Kindly try to fly in a recommended environment to see if the tilting would persist.

thank you for your reply it tilts only if it encounters strong winds, but is that normal? in my mavic air i also encounter strong winds but the gimbal never tilts down it only tilts down with i switch to sports mode
2018-9-13
Use props
SlickR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, mine done that yesterday in strong wind. I expect they've changed it to the same as the Air. When in strong wind it adjusts the tilt of the aircraft to maintain the max speed. The camera also tilts when this happens.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-13 14:14
thank you for your reply it tilts only if it encounters strong winds, but is that normal? in my mavic air i also encounter strong winds but the gimbal never tilts down it only tilts down with i switch to sports mode

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. Our Mavic 2 can resist up to level 5 winds on the Beaufort scale, however, the gimbal may be tilted especially when flying against the strong wind.
2018-9-16
Use props
Bimmer1122
lvl.3
Philippines

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-16 10:10
Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. Our Mavic 2 can resist up to level 5 winds on the Beaufort scale, however, the gimbal may be tilted especially when flying against the strong wind.

so you mean dji tony thats normal on mavic 2? because on my mavic air i never experience  camera tilting on "Stong Wind. Fly with caution" message warning.... it only tilts on sports mode
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bimmer1122 Posted at 2018-9-17 03:05
so you mean dji tony thats normal on mavic 2? because on my mavic air i never experience  camera tilting on "Stong Wind. Fly with caution" message warning.... it only tilts on sports mode

Hi, Thanks for your response. We're not recommending to fly in a strong wind to avoid the incident and it should not have occurred during the normal flight. Please use your aircraft in a recommended environment.
2018-9-17
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Hi Bimmer, my mavic zoom is having the same issue.. when i fly backward and stop for another video.. the camera auto tilting downward. I just bought it. i asked the DJI representive. the calibrated and checked.. it was okay.. but yesterday it happened again. not everytime.. but sometime. when out of 6 fly, one time it causes the tilt problems. Today i am bring the mavic zoom to the DJI again where i bought it. I am sure something wrong..
2018-10-5
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Another issue.. my mavic zoom. always sending signal.. high winds...but my mavic pro seldom do that. even smal winds.. my mavic zoom sending the warning signal. I was thinking mavic zoom better off for winds.. hummmm. today i will ask all with the DJI technician. But i will really appreciate if Wanda can help too. Thanks
2018-10-5
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-17 08:49
Hi, Thanks for your response. We're not recommending to fly in a strong wind to avoid the incident and it should not have occurred during the normal flight. Please use your aircraft in a recommended environment.

Not, i was flying at normal winds.. my mavic zoom always sending the signal. my camera sometimes tilting downward by auto when i fly backward and stop. it happen sometime.. Please advise..
2018-10-5
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-13 05:01
With the less wind, I mean. Thank you.

Not, i was flying at normal winds.. my mavic zoom always sending the signal. my camera sometimes tilting downward by auto when i fly backward and stop. it happen sometime..
2018-10-5
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-16 10:10
Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. Our Mavic 2 can resist up to level 5 winds on the Beaufort scale, however, the gimbal may be tilted especially when flying against the strong wind.

Sad,  the mavic 2 camera should be more efficient and reliable than mavic pro. the mavic is is so expensive. my camera tilt down when i stop during backward fly. it happened sometime during normal winds. is this hardware or firmware.. please advise.. i am too afraid soon i have to pay to replace.. as i just bought the zoom 10 days ago...thanks. it cause 2000usd plus in Chile..too much for a poor guy..
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tjalex Posted at 2018-10-5 02:41
Sad,  the mavic 2 camera should be more efficient and reliable than mavic pro. the mavic is is so expensive. my camera tilt down when i stop during backward fly. it happened sometime during normal winds. is this hardware or firmware.. please advise.. i am too afraid soon i have to pay to replace.. as i just bought the zoom 10 days ago...thanks. it cause 2000usd plus in Chile..too much for a poor guy..

Hi, Sorry for the uneasiness whilst using the Mavic 2 Zoom. Would it be possible if you can try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your drone using the DJI Assistant 2? After using the application, please reboot the unit and calibrate the gimbal of your drone if there will be changes. Please let us know if the issue will persist. Kindly see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-10-5
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Bimmer1122, Try switching from Follow to FPV mode, or FPV mode to Follow, and find the behavior you like most.
2018-10-5
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-5 19:55
Hello Bimmer1122, Try switching from Follow to FPV mode, or FPV mode to Follow, and find the behavior you like most.

Nothing to do with. The Dji in Chile saw the videos and agreed that something is wrong and they agreed to write to DJI and we are waiting for DJI to respond. It is impossible that the camera should tilt when we stop the aircraft midair. not always but still this should not be the case for mavic 2 which should be more high tech than mavic pro. thanks..
2018-10-7
Use props
dzony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 426850 ft

not sure if this helps, but on the mavic air, the new firmware tilts the camera downwards a little when you start moving forwards. I am presuming this is to avoid showing props in your videos/photos. When you are stationary, you can tilt the camera even a bit upwards if you ticked the option in the settings, however since the latest firmware this option only works if stationary and the wind is not making the drone to compensate. I would presume this is the case with the zoom too.
2018-10-7
Use props
Joni-Pekka
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168852 ft
Finland

I have this issue too. I live at the coast and it's always windy in here. I often fly near the max altitude that's allowed (local limit is 150 m when not near airports) and here that often means 100 kph winds. DJI doesn't recommend flying at strong wind, but we don't get a lot of calm and the drones handle the wind just fine. I originally bought the Mavic Pro because using the sports mode on the Spark was useless as it tilted the gimbal sideways when turning the drone. Mavic Pro was great because the gimbal would always stabilise the shot even in sports mode. But now the Mavic 2 Zoom goes back to tilting the gimbal - this time vertically. This is a HUGE disappointment for me! I realise that higher speeds may require the drone to pitch more, but I would prefer to chose weather to prioritise speed or gimbal stability. I would chose gimbal stability 100% of the time. It's super annoying when I try to shoot a clip and the shot is ruined by the gimbal suddenly diving! Please make this an option! It can't be too difficult to limit the pitch angle before the gimbal is about to tilt down while a video is being recorded.
2018-10-9
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-5 10:53
Hi, Sorry for the uneasiness whilst using the Mavic 2 Zoom. Would it be possible if you can try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware of your drone using the DJI Assistant 2? After using the application, please reboot the unit and calibrate the gimbal of your drone if there will be changes. Please let us know if the issue will persist. Kindly see the link below.

Thanks. i will take to DJI chile and ask them to help today. Thanks
2018-10-12
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-5 10:53

Hi Tony, As you advised, i took the mavic to DJI store at Av. Andres Bello 2311, Providencia in Santiago Chile where i bought it. I was so amazed with the Team especially Mr. Leonardo Correa and Mr. Carlos Sepulveda who attended me. They immediately follow your instruction and without any delay. Then Mr. Leonardo who is the technician also test fly after the calibration and updates. It seems that the problem is over but they told me to double check in few days time and refer to them if anything. In 3 days time i will update you. Thanks for the fast respond and advises and thanks to DJI Store CHILE for their fast action. will update you soonest.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tjalex Posted at 2018-10-13 04:11
Hi Tony, As you advised, i took the mavic to DJI store at Av. Andres Bello 2311, Providencia in Santiago Chile where i bought it. I was so amazed with the Team especially Mr. Leonardo Correa and Mr. Carlos Sepulveda who attended me. They immediately follow your instruction and without any delay. Then Mr. Leonardo who is the technician also test fly after the calibration and updates. It seems that the problem is over but they told me to double check in few days time and refer to them if anything. In 3 days time i will update you. Thanks for the fast respond and advises and thanks to DJI Store CHILE for their fast action. will update you soonest.

Hi, Thanks for your response. Glad that the DJI Store in Chile was able to help you out in regards to your concern. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case that you'll be needing our assistance. Thank you for your support.
2018-10-14
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-14 09:17
Hi, Thanks for your response. Glad that the DJI Store in Chile was able to help you out in regards to your concern. Please don't hesitate to reach us in any case that you'll be needing our assistance. Thank you for your support.

Dear Tony, after all that firmware updates and calibrations. The gimbal still tilt when we make a stop during normal winds. But the camera is stable during normal flight. It happen only when move backward and stop at  a distance. My concern now is. will this issue will soon or later worsen. I mean, the camera may all of sudden tilt during making aerial videos.. Today i will send the clip to DJI store in Chile see, what they will do. Anything thing.. DJI store did sent an email to DJI  last wee. but they still havent bothered to reply. This is bad.. They should take this matter serious..as i am afraid..after few months.. I have to pay for the repair.. hummmm. Thanks.
2018-10-16
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

2018-10-16
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

dzony Posted at 2018-10-7 16:21
not sure if this helps, but on the mavic air, the new firmware tilts the camera downwards a little when you start moving forwards. I am presuming this is to avoid showing props in your videos/photos. When you are stationary, you can tilt the camera even a bit upwards if you ticked the option in the settings, however since the latest firmware this option only works if stationary and the wind is not making the drone to compensate. I would presume this is the case with the zoom too.

MIne is happening on when i m moving backwards and stop at a distance. I have tried all methods. upgrade firmware, reset everything, calibrating gimbals. but the same happens sometime. hummm
2018-10-16
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Joni-Pekka Posted at 2018-10-9 14:23
I have this issue too. I live at the coast and it's always windy in here. I often fly near the max altitude that's allowed (local limit is 150 m when not near airports) and here that often means 100 kph winds. DJI doesn't recommend flying at strong wind, but we don't get a lot of calm and the drones handle the wind just fine. I originally bought the Mavic Pro because using the sports mode on the Spark was useless as it tilted the gimbal sideways when turning the drone. Mavic Pro was great because the gimbal would always stabilise the shot even in sports mode. But now the Mavic 2 Zoom goes back to tilting the gimbal - this time vertically. This is a HUGE disappointment for me! I realise that higher speeds may require the drone to pitch more, but I would prefer to chose weather to prioritise speed or gimbal stability. I would chose gimbal stability 100% of the time. It's super annoying when I try to shoot a clip and the shot is ruined by the gimbal suddenly diving! Please make this an option! It can't be too difficult to limit the pitch angle before the gimbal is about to tilt down while a video is being recorded.

Whatever conditions, mavic pro never has this problems. so, mavic 2 must be better off. Imagine if we need a clip flying backward and stop and fly back again. if the camera tilts. we lost the most vital moment. I already spoken to DJI store in Chile. they already emailed DJI and we are still waiting, To me, there is a issue here.
2018-10-16
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-5 19:55

I always use follow me mode.. for good videos. so, to me there is a issue with gimbals that tilts when we stops. this happen sometime.. but i am worried. if we need a good moments.. we may missed that moments if the gimbals tilts.
2018-10-16
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

Oh I see what you mean now .....  that can not be normal.
2018-10-16
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-10-16 15:17

After all the firmware updates and calibrations..my mavic zoom still had the gimbal problems. Finally today DJIstore in Chile changed a new drone and they will send the old to DJI China. Thanks for all the support
2018-10-18
Use props
Ondra CZ
lvl.2

Czechia

tjalex Posted at 10-18 11:08
After all the firmware updates and calibrations..my mavic zoom still had the gimbal problems. Finally today DJIstore in Chile changed a new drone and they will send the old to DJI China. Thanks for all the support

I have same issue. Do you still have this issue with new unit or is it alright now?
2018-11-2
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Ondra CZ Posted at 11-2 14:16
I have same issue. Do you still have this issue with new unit or is it alright now?

Sincerely i tested in normal fly and no winds.. the new drone is good as an experience man. but i still havent tested in windy or at the beach.. i will update soon. but please message me in days time.. thanks..to be sincere... if the new drone still giving the same problems.. i just will let it go since i am sure.. the dronechile will be sad..ha ha ha..but i will test soon. will update soon.
2018-11-3
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Anthony566 Posted at 10-16 15:17

I think so..
2018-11-3
Use props
djiuser_dnRkXM9NvBI1
lvl.2

Germany

Is the Problem solved? I have the same with my 2 Pro
2019-3-12
Use props
bokehmonster
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem with my new Mavic 2 Pro, as demonstrated in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3beM4JEhVDk
2019-3-14
Use props
bokehmonster
lvl.1

United States

I have the same exact problem with my Mavic 2 Pro.  How do I contact/coordinate with DJI to review and replace?  
2019-3-14
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

bokehmonster Posted at 3-14 18:04
I have the same problem with my new Mavic 2 Pro, as demonstrated in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3beM4JEhVDk

DJI in Chile change a new one after the problem but even the new drone after 4 months of flying. It happened again. I told the DJI and the service person was unable to explain more.. but he told me to monitor it again. if problem persist.. he will check deeper for me. But another guy told me.. DJI told him that it is normal.. hummmm. very funny.
2019-5-3
Use props
GMyoda
lvl.2
Taiwan

My Mavic 2 Zoom has the same vertical gimbal dropping issue. Every flight, low winds, in P mode. Sent it to DJI and they tell me there is no malfunction and will not replace or fix. I bought direct from DJI so impossible for me to get the kind of help you can get from a physical store. Here is link of the video files , I sent them;
2019-11-1
Use props
zappy49
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

GMyoda Posted at 11-1 18:04
My Mavic 2 Zoom has the same vertical gimbal dropping issue. Every flight, low winds, in P mode. Sent it to DJI and they tell me there is no malfunction and will not replace or fix. I bought direct from DJI so impossible for me to get the kind of help you can get from a physical store. Here is link of the video files , I sent them;
https://youtu.be/e49-t-RZ4No

Thats definitely not normal needs to be addressed for gimbal probs
2019-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules