How often should we change the Propellers?
2173 10 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Hey!
I do own an MA for the past 6/7 months, I never had a crash!
Is there any reason we should change them often?
Do they have life time use?

As nothing ever happened, they are intact.
However, I'm concerning regarding the quality of flights (not being paranoid) just seeking for safety!

Before opening this thread I tried to finds anything related and sadly, nothing is out there.

Thanks for your time.

2018-9-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can continue to use the props until they become damaged. Check them carefully for damage (especially around the hub area) prior to each flight. Replace any props that strike a solid object (like the ground).
2018-9-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Forum search functionality leaves a lot to be desired, but this thread discusses DJI's rec to replace every three months -- Poll: How often should I replace Mavic Air's propellers?
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question, It's not necessarily to change the propellers often, the only thing you will change the propellers when it's damage or not in a good shape.
2018-9-12
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-12 06:58
Hi there. thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question, It's not necessarily to change the propellers often, the only thing you will change the propellers when it's damage or not in a good shape.

Sweet!
Thanks for answering that fast!

If you wish, we can remove the Thread!
Cheers
2018-9-12
Use props
SBasso
lvl.3

Malta

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-9-12 06:20
Forum search functionality leaves a lot to be desired, but this thread discusses DJI's rec to replace every three months -- Poll: How often should I replace Mavic Air's propellers?

I'm so sorry!
I checked for and nothing came up!

My bad!
2018-9-12
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft

SBasso Posted at 2018-9-12 07:12
I'm so sorry!

An easy way to search the forum is to use the SITE keyword in Google

For example, try the following in Google "site:forum.dji.com how often replace propellers"
2018-9-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

SBasso Posted at 2018-9-12 07:12
I'm so sorry!

No worries! PS013's advice is what I rely on when I need to search -- in this case I had participated in the thread so just looked at my forum history. ;)
2018-9-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-9-12 06:20

Changing the props after X number of months really doesn't make much sense since props could become damaged even after only one use. Carefully inspecting them prior to each flight is really the best thing that can be done to ensure they are still in working order.
2018-9-12
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-12 08:56
Changing the props after X number of months really doesn't make much sense since props could become damaged even after only one use. Carefully inspecting them prior to each flight is really the best thing that can be done to ensure they are still in working order.

The recommendation is to change them immediately if any damage is detected, otherwise, every three months, assuming typical use. Presumably this covers the risk of micro-stresses that may not be easily detected, and, in any event, replacing $10 props instead of a $1000 drone makes practical sense to me.
2018-9-12
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-9-12 09:15
The recommendation is to change them immediately if any damage is detected, otherwise, every three months, assuming typical use. Presumably this covers the risk of micro-stresses that may not be easily detected, and, in any event, replacing $10 props instead of a $1000 drone makes practical sense to me.

Unfortunately, changing the props every 3 months will not offer you 100% protection from micro-stresses (if that's even a documented problem). You'll be much better off if you learn how to inspect the props and make sure you actually do it prior to each flight.

As I noted above, props can fail even after less than one month of use. So, don't get fooled into thinking that extra $10 you're shelling out is going to save your $1,000 drone.
2018-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules