12Next >
3786 51 2015-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere but was just notified of this post on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/Mongrel ... f_t=comment_mention

WARNING!!!!! TO ALL INSPIRE 1 PILOTS!!!!

DO NOT - REPEAT - DO NOT use the QR prop systems from DJI any longer. These prop systems are NOT air worthy. We have recalled all of our own Inspire 1 machines and will revert back to the screw on and Prop Locks. The images below are graphic enough. The QR system's plastic is not up to the task.

We should have a solution available within 2-3 weeks that will solve this problem, but for now - TAKE THEM OFF YOUR MACHINE!

2015-5-29
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

I NEVER put those things on mine!!!!! Not worth the risk!!!!
2015-5-29
Use props
nala
lvl.4

United Kingdom

hi

what will be the solution for this

this could ground a lot i inspire 1
2015-5-29
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mine is a new model with them pre-fitted. So I'm going to hunt out the old style with lock if I can find any.
2015-5-29
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
United Kingdom

nala Posted at 2015-5-30 15:30
hi

what will be the solution for this

as far as I'm aware, DJI haven't acknowledged the problem yet and there isn't a fix or solution apart from anything that the Australian dealer is manufacturing themselves.
2015-5-29
Use props
nala
lvl.4

United Kingdom

cheers

got a set not used
2015-5-29
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I know a lot of people using them and haven't heard of any inherent issues.   Been working great for me.

I have no doubt some people will have problems with each and every aspect but we have to be careful about escalating individual claims to mass status.

Also, seems like this "advice" is from a retailer or manufacturer who will then sell you the solution.  

I get my info directly from end users on the forum and haven't heard of any inherent issues with the QR props.
2015-5-29
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

Pgale Posted at 2015-5-30 15:31
Mine is a new model with them pre-fitted. So I'm going to hunt out the old style with lock if I can  ...

I wouldn't worry if I were you.   We're all using the new QR props and if there were a design flaw we'd all be shouting from the rooftops.

The only props proven to have issues were the original ones that you are now seeking.  Even with the locks I wouldn't use them above the new ones personally.
2015-5-30
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-30 16:01
I wouldn't worry if I were you.   We're all using the new QR props and if there were a design flaw ...

With you there. I wouldn't go back to the old props and locks. I had vibration issues with the old locking clips fitted. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement on the latest props or adapters. Rounding off some of those agresive sharp corners and putting some material back under the attachment bolts would be most welcome.
2015-5-30
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I wouldn't worry if I were you.   We're all using the new QR props and if there were a design flaw ...

With you there. I wouldn't go back to the old props and locks. I had vibration issues with the old locking clips fitted. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement on the latest props or adapters. Rounding off some of those agresive sharp corners and putting some material back under the attachment bolts would be most welcome.
2015-5-30
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The thing to be careful of with the new props is NOT to over tighten the base plate when you install them. This will cause a stress fracture in the base plate. Its one of my very important pre-flight checklist items to ensure there are no cracks.
2015-5-30
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I guess as a minimum, a pre-flight check of any cracking around the QR plate lugs would be a good idea. But would probably need a magnifying glass to check it.

Guess the trouble with manufacturing metal QR plates is does that then put more stress on the plastic prop hub or introduce other issues. The prop and late need to be designed and tested together over time.
2015-5-30
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Heard today on the Australian Inspire owners FB page that CASA has advised operators not to use the QR system.
Apparently this was due to a number of reported prop loss  incidents. Am awaiting verification of this as well as an official link.
Will share when I see it.

Meanwhile I'm more than happy with the self lockers.. QRs are in the cupboard and will be used when I'm out of the original ones..
2015-5-30
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

If you listen to every horror story on the different RC forums - You should ground your Inspire for good.
I will fly my Inspire with the new props as long as I feel the propellers snap on right and they visually looks fine or DJI states that I should not use them.
2015-5-30
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-5-30 16:47
Heard today on the Australian Inspire owners FB page that CASA has advised operators not to use the  ...

CASA? Whats that?
2015-5-30
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Civil Aviation Safety Authority - our FAA
2015-5-30
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Personally I wouldn't touch the QR system with a barge pole. I will be sticking to the threaded self tighteners and prop locks until DJI come up with a replacement for those plastic cam adaptors.  As an engineer, in my opinion the material choice for that design is seriously flawed.  Someone should introduce DJI to the concept of FMEA.
2015-5-30
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

So, I got my second Inspire which is a BC model. It has the new props built in. I also have a A model that took a nice dip in a pool. Is there any way for me to switch to the prop lock version? I always felt good knowing I had that lock on there. After reading all of this I don't know whats best to do. Thanks guys!
2015-5-30
Use props
jimandsue60
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3031736 ft
United States

If you don't use the QR props, what props are suggested?
2015-5-30
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

There's just as much posts about the standard props coming off. Personally I wouldn't say one type is better than the other.
There has been cases it could have struck a bird etc. and there are going to be people who have tried to pass the blame on the props knowing fine well that it was pilot error.

I would just sit tight and see what happens, it's a shame DJI don't keep us informed about much or why they change versions of parts etc

Standard props self eject....
2015-5-30
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Pgale Posted at 2015-5-30 15:31
Mine is a new model with them pre-fitted. So I'm going to hunt out the old style with lock if I can  ...

Mine too!!!
2015-5-30
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I agree with you!!!
2015-5-30
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

Jimhare, please don't generalize the other forum members, I will and shall never use the QR props since they are only mounted with that tiny 2 little screws and the originals are mounted on the motorshafts itself.
No any problem with them.
I would also advice not to use the QR props becourse I have no convidence in the design.  
2015-5-30
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-30 20:52
There's just as much posts about the standard props coming off. Personally I wouldn't say one type i ...

Which is probably the most important thing to remember.  The standard props - coming from the same trust worthy news sources as Facebook and this forum - were popping off like champagne corks.  Also...  In before someone says "should the Inspire 1 be grounded?!?11?!"
2015-5-30
Use props
damdam
New

Switzerland

SkySight Posted at 2015-5-30 20:20
So, I got my second Inspire which is a BC model. It has the new props built in. I also have a A mode ...

What do you mean exactly? You have a C model with the adapters already fixed to the motors? I've never seen one with completely new motors with a new built-in holding.

You can unscrew the adapters and use other props I think.
2015-5-30
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
United States

damdam Posted at 2015-5-31 03:51
What do you mean exactly? You have a C model with the adapters already fixed to the motors? I've n ...

I just meant that mine came with the QR props. I'll look at unscrewing them. Good idea!
2015-5-30
Use props
damdam
New

Switzerland

SkySight Posted at 2015-5-31 03:59
I just meant that mine came with the QR props. I'll look at unscrewing them. Good idea!

allright, first I thought maybe there is already a rev D model out there

I will do the same and use some screwed carbon props or so
2015-5-30
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
United States

Yea I trust the old ones with the prop locks. I've flown 420 times or so with them and never had any issue.
2015-5-30
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

enkhome Posted at 2015-5-30 21:12
Jimhare, please don't generalize the other forum members, I will and shall never use the QR props  ...

I'm not "generalizing" or trying to speak for anyone, I simply said if a single person reports an issue as a design flaw we need many many more members to substantiate it before everyone panics.   If you took a poll I do believe the vast majority are using the new props, and without issue.   But you're right, not completely totally 100% have migrated.

The point is there is no evidence of a fundamental prop issue.

If you don't want to use the QR props then don't use them.
2015-5-30
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-30 15:59
I know a lot of people using them and haven't heard of any inherent issues.   Been working great for ...

Agree 100% , too many unfounded issues causing too many firmware updates too ....
Still using the QR props I bought weeks before dji even sent them out , excellent
so far after countless flights.
2015-5-31
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-5-30 16:21
The thing to be careful of with the new props is NOT to over tighten the base plate when you install ...

Right on ...Tighten firmly after the screws seat , not reefed down till they squish the crap outa the adapters..
2015-5-31
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

daver/m Posted at 2015-6-1 04:14
Right on ...Tighten firmly after the screws seat , not reefed down till they squish the crap outa  ...

Exactly.  I'm flying with the QRs I ordered as soon as they were available (and long before the free ones were shipped out).  No cracks, no problems.  But I can definitely see how it would be easy to overtighten and stress them.
2015-5-31
Use props
f1
lvl.2

United States

I can see an argument either way, I'm opting for the screw-ons, and the braking turned to the lowest setting.

2015-6-1
Use props
Tassiejeff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137730 ft
Australia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-1 14:23
Exactly.  I'm flying with the QRs I ordered as soon as they were available (and long before the fr ...

I'm with you Peter. Also check & balance the props to minimize vibration.
2015-6-1
Use props
woodielb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78061552 ft
United States

Started flying with the QR's as soon as I got them. I do inspect them regularly with  a light and magnifier, (have not seen any cracks or other issures) but I think the most important point is to tighten the screws to the point of shouldering up on the QR adapter but not over tightening it.
2015-6-1
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Tassiejeff Posted at 2015-6-1 20:50
I'm with you Peter. Also check & balance the props to minimize vibration.

We got ten sets of QR props as soon as they were out.  Out of all 20 props I didn't find a single one that was out of balance.  VERY different from the original self-tightening props.
2015-6-1
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I fly with the self tightening props. Never had a problem and I trusted them. I want to continue to use the self tightening props. I balance them and they have never given me any problems or came loose. That's my option though.
2015-6-1
Use props
presti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1329 ft

United States

Try This.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151700009208
2015-6-3
Use props
tysteryang
lvl.1
United States

CAN WE GET A DJI RESPONSE???!!!!!!
2015-6-3
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

Not sure what video is meant to prove. All I see is a ham fisted individual doing something stupid to something that will never be subject to the forces that he was putting on the item.
2015-6-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules