Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Initiate Sport Mode (without pressing button)
10769 13 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrismathews
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113609 ft
United States

I recently mounted the Ronin-S to a forklift to film inside the cab while it was moving. I changed to User Mode 2 and within the app selected "Car Mount" instead of "Handheld". This still did not yield the results we wanted, as when the forklift turned, the Ronin-S would drift and ruin the composition. What we found is if we initiated "Sport Mode" it would not drift and keep the composition. I couldn't figure out how to set this in the app (if there is a way), so we balled up some gaff tape, put if over the button and then wrapped gaff tape around the handle to press on the Sport Mode button.

I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone know of a way to initiate Sport Mode through the app, so it stays on without pressing the button?

2) Are there settings I can configure to do the same thing? Like Motor Stiffness? At the moment, I didn't have a lot of time to investigate, so we balled up the gaff tape and made it work. But there will be many more times in the future that I will need to do this, so figuring out a solution is ideal.

Thanks!
2018-9-12
Use props
Gregor Queck
Captain
Flight distance : 1638366 ft

Just look a few posts below!
2018-9-12
Use props
chrismathews
lvl.1
United States

Gregor Queck Posted at 2018-9-12 13:52
Just look a few posts below!

I even searched before posting and nothing came up. Thanks!
2018-9-12
Use props
chrismathews
lvl.1
United States

The answer I found is by pressing M then tapping the front trigger twice it will lock in Sport Mode
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi chrismathews, glad to know you found other method to enter the Sports Mode without keeping pressing the M button, the Stiffness can only be adjusted in the APP-- Parameter Settings, please let us know if you have further concern,
2018-9-13
Use props
sergiomegom
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-13 02:58
Hi chrismathews, glad to know you found other method to enter the Sports Mode without keeping pressing the M button, the Stiffness can only be adjusted in the APP-- Parameter Settings, please let us know if you have further concern,

Hi!
Do I have to configure any parameters before accessing the sport mode? I press the "M" button, but the LED indicator does not turn yellow, it turns red.
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sergiomegom Posted at 2018-10-28 05:23
Hi!
Do I have to configure any parameters before accessing the sport mode? I press the "M" button, but the LED indicator does not turn yellow, it turns red.

Hi sergiomegom, there is no need to configure any parameters, please press and hold the M button to enter Sport mode, and then press the trigger twice to remain in Sport mode. Repeat the steps to exit Sport mode.
2018-10-29
Use props
sergiomegom
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-29 00:58
Hi sergiomegom, there is no need to configure any parameters, please press and hold the M button to enter Sport mode, and then press the trigger twice to remain in Sport mode. Repeat the steps to exit Sport mode.

I press the M button for a few seconds but the led is red, not yellow. Should I press twice quickly and wait?
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sergiomegom Posted at 2018-10-30 15:21
I press the M button for a few seconds but the led is red, not yellow. Should I press twice quickly and wait?

No matter which profile you select, long pressing the M button will control the device into Sports mode, please restore the gimbal to the factory default in System Settings and then try again, if the issue persists, could you please share us a sample video so that we can escalate the issue? Thank you.
2018-10-31
Use props
MKEDP
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Ronin-S and I also cannot get into Sport Mode. I have tried many times and the light only goes to red just like sergiomegom stated in the previous post.
2018-11-14
Use props
Video652
New
United States

MKEDP Posted at 2018-11-14 15:20
I just got my Ronin-S and I also cannot get into Sport Mode. I have tried many times and the light only goes to red just like sergiomegom stated in the previous post.

Has there been any insight into how to resolve the issue of not being able to access the Sport Mode? Just received my Ronin-S and I am having the same problem. Thanks!
2019-3-17
Use props
ivanovbg
lvl.1
United States

Video652 Posted at 2019-3-17 10:54
Has there been any insight into how to resolve the issue of not being able to access the Sport Mode? Just received my Ronin-S and I am having the same problem. Thanks!

same issue here!! did you figure out why you were getting the red light on the ronin s? i press and hold ONLY the M button to activate sports mode but it's not activating it and instead the only thing that happens is the light indicator goes red
2020-4-30
Use props
gt3rs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 280056 ft
Switzerland

ivanovbg Posted at 4-30 21:51
same issue here!! did you figure out why you were getting the red light on the ronin s? i press and hold ONLY the M button to activate sports mode but it's not activating it and instead the only thing that happens is the light indicator goes red

On mine it works keeping M pressed and double clicking the trigger... light stays yellow
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_L4pcqaKttld1
New

United States

ivanovbg Posted at 4-30 21:51

On mine:

Pressing and holding the node button turns the LED to red. If I continue holding the node button the light stays red and the gimbal is in sport mode. As soon as I release the button I’m out of sport mode.

If, while holding the node button with a red LED, I double tap the trigger, it will lock sport mode. I can release the node button and the LED will stay red. Repeat to leave sport mode.

At no point do I get a yellow LED.

Apart from the color, and confusion about the node button only being a momentary sport mode switch, it seems to function fine.
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules