5860 5 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have 2 questions I was wondering about in regard with it.

I need to upgrade my iPhone Plus as the contact has ended but also the lighting port on the phone is playing up for connection and charging (it's become a real pain in the last 6 weeks) so was thinking I'm going to with the New iPhone Xs MAX that's just been announced, Is this going to work ok ?

It's my undestanding that DJI really love their products to work with apple.
My Mavic Pro and now Mavic 2 Pro work fine with my iPhone 7 Plus but I'm really hoping it'll be no issue with the new iPhone Xs MAX as I have a video job coming up and and will be trading in my current phone to get the new one. I cannot do it without have a working display. My gut feeling is it'll be fine.

I really don't want to using my iPAD as I'd be wasting my money on holder for it plus it's a bit bulky (I used to use with my Mavic Pro)

Was going to buy a crystalSky but we all know whats happening there.!! (Come on DJI make it compatible or release the new remote with screen we've all heard about please)

My other question is has anyone from the UK seen and tried these ND Filters. They are apparently PGY TECH

BOROK 4 Pack PGYTECH ND Filters Set with Case: ND8 ND16 ND32 ND64 Lenses Filter for DJI Mavic 2 Pro

wondering if they're worth a try?

2018-9-12
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

So, I can't say 100% as the phone isn't out yet... but...

1) DJI GO 4 should be fine with iOS 12 - it's not a huge update over iOS 11, which had lots of issues initially. Also, the beta were quite stable and I'm sure a number of people on here were using the public betas!
2) In terms of size, there shouldn't be an issue either

And if you're using your Mavic for work, it's always best to have a backup device - just in case!
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. However, we still don't have any update if the New iPhone Xs Max will work on your Mavic. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work. However, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.
2018-9-12
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

All, Apple just launched the iOS 12.0 SEED and all is fine. Anyhow it was fine, using all the iOS beta developers versions as well and never had en issue.
2018-9-13
Use props
Liberty
lvl.1
Switzerland

Excellent question from Mark. I face the same situation. I am primary concerned with the new full usage of the screen. With the Iphone 7 Plus the remote controler claws overlap with the home buttom and upper speaker... with the new Iphone XS/XS max ... this space seems to be gone now which could prevent full visibility of the display in the screen (i.e. affecting the return home or the camera trigger of the screen). Is it the same with other phones like the Samsung Galaxy?
2018-9-14
Use props
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry everyone who replied to me for me not replying...
I had a bit a rubbish few weeks... Someone drove into the back of my car!!!
I'm ok but the car had to go in for a hefty £4000 repair for the insurance to pay.

I did get the iPhone Xs Max but haven't had the chance to try it yet but I did buy the Crystal Sky as I saw that it was now compatible and works a treat.
I have to say that I am normally always confident when it comes to iOS working with DJI but decided to go down the CrystalSky route and have my phone a s a back up.

Ps.. the phone is great LOL
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules