Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OTG Connects to Remote but Disconnects with Green Light Comes one
790 8 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnnyk8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39163 ft
United States

Hi I have a lenovo tablet that I would like to use the OTG cable set up.  For some reason the drone will not connect and allow me to get into "go fly" mode.

I use this same cable with my Lenovo phone and it works fine.  

Boot RC
plug into tablet
COnnect to RC with OTG after solid red >>> dji app shows connected
then fire up drone ... RC turn greeen and then the dji app connection drops (RC and all)

any ideas?
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for reaching DJI forum. May I know if you tried a different cable ? What is the firmware version, DJI Go 4 app version and  android version you are using?
2018-9-13
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi,

You should try:
1) ON spark
2) ON RC .... wait for green
3) connect OTG cable end to RC
4) and last connect OTG cable end to Lenovo (should be ON)
I have used airplane mode ON and OFF without any difference.
Good luck!
S.
2018-9-13
Use props
Joller79 DK
First Officer
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Try turning cable around, i just tried with mi huawei p10 lite today..same connector in both ends...one way in, no connection, but phone charged RC,, other way around, phone starts djigo4 up automaticly and works great
2018-9-13
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi,

Very good suggestion. I believe that the OTG end of the cable should be at the RC side, as in the case of an OTG adaptor.
S.
2018-9-13
Use props
johnnyk8
lvl.1
United States

yep guys I tried all of those suggestions....  it works fine with my phone (also a Lenovo) no matter what order I plug the stuff in.  But some reason this tablet give no joy.  I have uninstalled and cleared the cache on the app too with a fresh restart.  Just doesn't work.
2018-9-13
Use props
johnnyk8
lvl.1
United States

Heck now the app says RC Connected in airplane mode without the cable connected AFTER I force closed the app..... Wow the RC is not even on and it says RC Connected

2018-9-13
Use props
johnnyk8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-13 02:11
Thank you for reaching DJI forum. May I know if you tried a different cable ? What is the firmware version, DJI Go 4 app version and  android version you are using?

I'm beginning to think it is impossible to connect this tablet to the spark.  The very second the light turns green it disconnects from the controller.

I am running 4.3.0 DJI Go and .1000 firmware
2018-9-13
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

johnnyk8 Posted at 2018-9-13 15:37
Heck now the app says RC Connected in airplane mode without the cable connected AFTER I force closed the app..... Wow the RC is not even on and it says RC Connected

Well that's clear: if you pull out the OTG cable, RC will startup its WiFi network instead. Since you obviously have been connected to that network before, the password is known to your phone, so phone logs in automatically, and presto: "connected".

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules