My Tello won't take off and fly anymore. Thoroughly bummed Tello ...
Home / TELLO /
37891 9 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer

My Tello won't take off and fly anymore. Thoroughly bummed Tello Pilot.

First of all, let me make perfectly clear, I LOVE my Tello and miss my Tello!

Symptoms are:
Motors sound normal at take off (I use auto take off), Slide auto take off, motor's fire up, one side (right) can't seem to generate lift, Tello shuts down. Never leaves the ground.
Heard of it before?
I can't find something called "center of gravity something" under more. Older article.

My show Sponsor Tom Iliffe is brilliant working on Drones. If not heard of I'll send to him.

Any suggestions?
Sincerely,
Aaron Avila
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzLMyz6y-6v-5FnYaCkbKBA?disable_polymer=true

2018-9-12
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

Have you done an IMU calibration?
2018-9-13
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

JG-N Posted at 2018-9-13 09:38
Have you done an IMU calibration?

No! I'll do it! Thank you!
2018-9-13
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hey Aaron,  according to the symptom you describe, please kindly check if the four propellers are in the right position according to the image below. Just pay attention to the position of the marked propellers and unmarked propellers.  If it persists, can you send us a snap of your propellers? Thanks a lot.
props.png
2018-9-13
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

RYZE Posted at 2018-9-13 20:20
Hey Aaron,  according to the symptom you describe, please kindly check if the four propellers are in the right position according to the image below. Just pay attention to the position of the marked propellers and unmarked propellers.  If it persists, can you send us a snap of your propellers? Thanks a lot.

OMG! Thank you for responding! I have a feeling this is it! Now I can't get my Tello to link via wifi to my Samsung Note 4. My phone sees Tello's WiFi. My phone says connected but when I open the Tello App it's not connected. GRRRRRRRRRR! I'll eventually will figure it out.

2018-9-14
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Concept only

2018-9-14
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-9-14 06:32
OMG! Thank you for responding! I have a feeling this is it! Now I can't get my Tello to link via wifi to my Samsung Note 4. My phone sees Tello's WiFi. My phone says connected but when I open the Tello App it's not connected. GRRRRRRRRRR! I'll eventually will figure it out.

Aaron, I was going to say to check your props as I seen many that had on wrong. But your connection issues I have had not only with my tello but also spark.  My phone seen them and when I try to connect did not.  This happened after a update to phone, but after some time got another update and now can connect.  I just got another update a few days ago so I think I should check again soon.
2018-9-14
Use props
GameSlayer95
New

United States

I'm having the exact same problem, I even put the propellers in the tight place, I think, you will understand if you do this, go behind the drone, place unmarked in top left, marked in top right, marked in bottom left, unmarked bottom left

I even tried collaboration thing, didnt work, systems work, but it doesnt get off of the ground and it will shut off after 3 seconds, before that it would take off and land again, then now it's worse and wont take off, if you have it in the wrong place and it works, it will just flip over, like it did when I placed them wrong
2019-4-14
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Aaron Avila Posted at 2018-9-14 06:32

Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply.
Samsung Note 4 is a compatible device. After your Android device connects to tello, the device will note that the current WLAN network cannot access the Internet. Plaese keep the tello's WiFi. And before you connect tello, please reset the wifi. If the issue still persists, please re-upgrade the firmware in loader mode. Please press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and update the firmware again. Please confirm whether the issue is resolved.
I hope my answer will help you. Have a nice day.
2019-4-15
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

RYZE Posted at 4-15 04:49
Hi Aaron, thanks for your reply.
Samsung Note 4 is a compatible device. After your Android device connects to tello, the device will note that the current WLAN network cannot access the Internet. Plaese keep the tello's WiFi. And before you connect tello, please reset the wifi. If the issue still persists, please re-upgrade the firmware in loader mode. Please press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered off, and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and update the firmware again. Please confirm whether the issue is resolved.
I hope my answer will help you. Have a nice day.

Almost two year old post but thanks for your reply!
Tello's awesome!
Read this thread between KlooGee and I
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=186492
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules