Very unhappy with DJI support warranty
1791 13 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ron_k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123665 ft

My original DJI Mavic pro had a tilted gimbal so I got it replaced under warranty with a "like new" one. When I received the replacment one, I noticed that it was not packed properly. I also noticed that the replacement had a few minor scratches on it. The replacment one also has the following issues:

It does not return to the home location during RTH - it lands a few feet away from it.
The bigger issue is the gimbal is very unstable leading to shaky footage. See footage below.

Super frustrated because I am going on a trip this Friday and was planning on taking my drone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjy_S2TBLtM

2018-9-12
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft

It is not uncommon for the pro to land a few feet from the takeoff spot unless you perform  the precise landing option... also were you flying in sport mode when that happens?
2018-9-12
Use props
ron_k
lvl.2

Cmartin3977 Posted at 2018-9-12 18:20
It is not uncommon for the pro to land a few feet from the takeoff spot unless you perform  the precise landing option... also were you flying in sport mode when that happens?

I had precise landing on. I was not in sport mode - I issued the go home and land.  The bigger issue for me is the gimbal shake
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are so sorry to know the drone still doesn't work well after the repair service, may I verify if all the anti-scratch stickers in the gimbal has been removed? Please double check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted to all three of the hooks before takeoff. If they are fine, please try to calibrate the gimbal, and make sure the firmware has been updated to the latest version.
It is normal that the RTH may be a few feet away from the exact home point, please try to take off in the open area.
For the minor scratches, may I have a picture of it? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-12
Use props
ron_k
lvl.2

Thanks Mindy.

The critical thing for me at the moment is the camera shake. I am not too worried about the scratches or RTH at the moment.
Here are the photos of the mount. Does it look OK?

Also note that I did an IMU calibration earlier and got a sound similar to the one in this post. Is that normal?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-129238-1-1.html

It is late here. I will try recalibrating the gimbal and do a test flight tomorrow.
Update:  DJI support has reached out to me. They want me to send the Mavic back to the repair center. No drone on my trip :-(
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ron_k Posted at 2018-9-12 20:29
Thanks Mindy.

The critical thing for me at the moment is the camera shake. I am not too worried about the scratches or RTH at the moment.

Sorry that it is hard for us to check if the vibration absorbing board is mounted properly from the pictures, here is a short video for your reference, hope it helps:
If the issue persists after the gimbal calibration and firmware upgrade, the drone will need to be sent in again for further evaluation.
2018-9-13
Use props
ron_k
lvl.2

This gets more interesting every time. To recap, I sent you a drone that was defective which was replaced with another defective drone under warranty. I sent you the replaced defective drone and now you are saying it is not covered under warranty.  DJI support please advise.

Response when I sent my original drone since it had a defective gimbal:
Dear Customer, This product will be covered under warranty. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy). - DJI North America

Response when I sent back the defective drone you sent me:
Dear customer, We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of data analysis, please find details as below: - out of 6 month warranty We will either repair it or replace it with a product that’s new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy)

ItemQuantityUnit Price(USD)Total Price(USD)
Gimbal Arm Module159.0059.00
Gimbal and Camera Module1101.00101.00
Repair Service Fee165.00/H65.00

Can you please send me a drone that works. Also note that I have DJI care. I have lost a lot of great footage because of this :-(

Thanks!
2018-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ron_k Posted at 2018-9-26 23:06
This gets more interesting every time. To recap, I sent you a drone that was defective which was replaced with another defective drone under warranty. I sent you the replaced defective drone and now you are saying it is not covered under warranty.  DJI support please advise.

Response when I sent my original drone since it had a defective gimbal:

Hi Ron, we're sorry for the inconvenience. This has been forwarded to the management for review, they will double check and contact you during the working time. Again, we sincerely apologize for the troubles. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-9-27
Use props
ron_k
lvl.2

Got a call from a very pleasant manager at DJI support. They are reviewing the case. Thank you DJI support team/forum!
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ron_k Posted at 2018-9-29 14:32
Got a call from a very pleasant manager at DJI support. They are reviewing the case. Thank you DJI support team/forum!

Glad to hear that, hope there will be a good outcome. Please keep us posted at any time if you need any assistance.
2018-9-29
Use props
ron_k
lvl.2

Latest update: The drone is being repaired under warranty! Appreciate the support everyone. Looking forward to flying again :-)
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ron_k Posted at 2018-10-1 03:33
Latest update: The drone is being repaired under warranty! Appreciate the support everyone. Looking forward to flying again :-)

We're glad to hear about that, Raj. We just need to wait for the repair to be finished for now, then you'll be back in the air again soon. If you need further help, feel free to contact us anytime and we'll be glad to help!
2018-10-1
Use props
ron_k
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-1 15:34
We're glad to hear about that, Raj. We just need to wait for the repair to be finished for now, then you'll be back in the air again soon. If you need further help, feel free to contact us anytime and we'll be glad to help!

Hi,

I have received the replacement Mavic Pro!!
Thank you DJI support!!!

Thanks!!
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ron_k Posted at 2018-10-24 20:07
Hi,

I have received the replacement Mavic Pro!!

That's great! Please kindly check whether the unit works well and test in an open filed to check. If there is anything else we can help, do not hesitate to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules