Why can I only download a small number of map sections ?
2992 15 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

What is controlling the limit on the number of offline map sections I can download ??

I have plenty of free storage.
2018-9-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

When I have downloaded offline maps, I have not been able to get GO-4 running on CrystalSky to utilize maps.
2018-9-12
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178255 ft
  • >>>

I am also wondering about this...seems like we should only be limited by our ability to store the files.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you encountered an error message while downloading on map section? What is the version of your DJI GO 4 app? Please let us know. Thank you for the support.
2018-9-13
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-13 11:48
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you encountered an error message while downloading on map section? What is the version of your DJI GO 4 app? Please let us know. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony,

I am using a Crystalsky with DJI GO 4 v4.2.21 installed even though I have lots of free memory there are limits to how many regions you can down load plus the size of the region you can download is way way to small, can't we just go back to down loading the whole of the UK for example.
2018-9-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-9-13 14:17
Hi Tony,

I am using a Crystalsky with DJI GO 4 v4.2.21 installed even though I have lots of free memory there are limits to how many regions you can down load plus the size of the region you can download is way way to small, can't we just go back to down loading the whole of the UK for example.

I agree that it has become a bit cumbersome with the new map system.
2018-9-16
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-13 11:48
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I know if you encountered an error message while downloading on map section? What is the version of your DJI GO 4 app? Please let us know. Thank you for the support.

Just updated my CS to version 4.3.0 - it fixed the issue with typing in the name of the maps - it is not necessary to use backspace to enter a name correct - that's nice. I still get the message "You must delete some offline region and resume download" when I try to add a new map. Sometimes only one maps is needed to resume the download and other times 2 maps must be deleted. I do have plenty of space free available.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

derider Posted at 2018-9-17 11:05
Just updated my CS to version 4.3.0 - it fixed the issue with typing in the name of the maps - it is not necessary to use backspace to enter a name correct - that's nice. I still get the message "You must delete some offline region and resume download" when I try to add a new map. Sometimes only one maps is needed to resume the download and other times 2 maps must be deleted. I do have plenty of space free available.

Hi derider, we're sorry for the troubles. Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'd like to forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-9-20
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-20 18:33
Hi derider, we're sorry for the troubles. Could you upload a short video of your operation? We'd like to forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks so much!

Hi DJI Susan,

Yes, below is a link to a small youtube video - I hope this explain the issue some of us experience. It's a little strange that in some cases I can download many more regions/maps and then the next day I will have to delete the extra maps added when trying to add a new map.  

2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

derider Posted at 2018-9-21 12:43
Hi DJI Susan,

Yes, below is a link to a small youtube video - I hope this explain the issue some of us experience. It's a little strange that in some cases I can download many more regions/maps and then the next day I will have to delete the extra maps added when trying to add a new map.  

Received with thanks! I have forwarded this to our engineers to check and will come back as long as there is an update. Appreciate your patience.
2018-9-22
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

This limitation is the amount of data that the map provider restricts to download, and the amount of data varies from region to region.
2018-10-11
Use props
supergimp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12920 ft
United States

adfp_88 Posted at 2018-10-11 23:00
This limitation is the amount of data that the map provider restricts to download, and the amount of data varies from region to region.

Interesting if this is the case. At least that’s an explanation. Sounds like DJI needs a new map provider.  It’s really unfortunate. I’ve been using DJI products since the original NAZA and the CrystalSky is by far the most underwhelming product in their lineup. Kind of a crappy implementation in a great physical package. I still love the screen though.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

derider Posted at 2018-9-21 12:43
Hi DJI Susan,

Hi derider, 11# is the reply from our engineers, you may take it for reference.
2018-10-15
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Why can you only download a small number of maps ?

Simple ..poor and sloppy programming fro DJI. With the inability or wish to correct or change it to what their customer wish, or would like.

It has nothing to do with memory capacity.  This is their so Called Premium monitor device.  
2018-10-15
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 00:06
Hi derider, 11# is the reply from our engineers, you may take it for reference.

Hi DJI Susan,
Thank you for the update - it's an explanation - even it's hard to understand why the offline maps has to be limited as we experience
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

derider Posted at 2018-10-15 10:34
Hi DJI Susan,
Thank you for the update - it's an explanation - even it's hard to understand why the offline maps has to be limited as we experience

Sorry about the inconvenience. This appears due to the limitation of the map provider, we're sorry that there is no quantitative prompt for now. Hope for your understanding.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules