Hyperlapse Waypoint error messages>
3813 19 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

When trying to set up a Waypoint Hyperlapse I frequently received notifications when try to set additional waypoints, that the change in ginbal attitude was either "too big or too small".  This resulted in me having move the quad closer to the previous waypoint with less change in the gimbal angle or pitch change.

I have yet to find any explanation for these messages or the proper amount of gimbal deviation allowed between sequenial waypoints.  Has any one seen documentaion or figured this out on their own?

2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with the waypoints. However, I'd like to know if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-13 03:24
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with the waypoints. However, I'd like to know if you already updated the firmware of your aircraft? We're here to help you. Thank you.

It has been updated many times, including the day before.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-9-13 05:01
It has been updated many times, including the day before.

Hi, may we ask for a screenshot of the error message that you encountered? Thank you.
2018-9-13
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

Tried again today, same messages.  Forgot to get screen shots will try later.
2018-9-19
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-13 05:32
Hi, may we ask for a screenshot of the error message that you encountered? Thank you.

As can be seen from these pictures 5% orientation (whatever that means) can be "too big" and another waypoint cannot be saved.

10% can be "suitable" and be saved.

7% can be "too big" and not saved,

30% can be "suitable" and saved.

None of this makes sense to me without explanation.

Why is there no documentation for these functions.
2018-9-19
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

And yes, I updated the GO4 again and the Mavic 2 firmware again.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-9-19 16:25
And yes, I updated the GO4 again and the Mavic 2 firmware again.

Hi, thank you for providing me the screenshots. I am now able to forward this now to our engineers for us to doublecheck. I will let you know as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2018-9-20
Use props
fans0eea3686
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1608 ft
United States

I’m having exactly the same problem, is there a fix yet?
2018-10-7
Use props
fans870c45b0
New

United States

Same problem for me. Any fix yet? It didn't start happening until the latest update. Also wont let me go past 2 second timelapse.
2018-11-1
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I am having this issue as well, Drone is up to date. Any news on a fix
2019-2-25
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
United States

I have had the same problem since day one.  I have asked about it before with no answer or explanation.  Pretty lame that DJI can't sort this out or at least explain it.
2019-2-26
Use props
DJPhantom
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

DJI is very poor with fixing issues like this. They always follow the same routine of asking for screenshots and saying they will forward to the engineers and get back with a fix but I'm pretty sure this never actually ever happened. I have yet to see a thread on here where DJI got back to anyone with a fix for anything.
2019-3-7
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

Had the problem, June 2019, guess it’s not fixed yet. Did anyone find an explanation?
2019-6-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DJPhantom Posted at 3-7 11:20
DJI is very poor with fixing issues like this. They always follow the same routine of asking for screenshots and saying they will forward to the engineers and get back with a fix but I'm pretty sure this never actually ever happened. I have yet to see a thread on here where DJI got back to anyone with a fix for anything.

I agree with you...  I think those guys are paid for number of answers and not for the issues solved....  
I wasted a full battery trying to acheive an hyperlapse due to this error messages... Let's keep eye on this thread and see if the moderator come with  A REAL solution for this....
2019-6-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-20 03:01
Hi, thank you for providing me the screenshots. I am now able to forward this now to our engineers for us to doublecheck. I will let you know as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Do you have any info on that after almost 01 year past??
2019-6-27
Use props
Ralphhuttonthompson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666188 ft
Canada

I’m using the Smart Controller & I think it’s the last device to be updated. It does seem to have a few annoying quirks
2019-6-28
Use props
mavic_user
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177070 ft
Hong Kong

Angle too small
This warning only shows up when the previous waypoint is very close to the one being defined. It's so close that the app considers them to be the same point. When two neighbouring waypoints have the same position but differ only in the camera direction, the drone will hold it's position and just pan the camera from the direction defined for waypoint 1 to that for waypoint 2 when taking pictures. Apparently the app assumes that some minimum number of pictures will be taken between the two waypoints / camera directions. If the angular difference is so small that the angle delta betwen consecutive pictures is smaller than the step size of yaw control, the app will consider the mission to be inexecutable and reject the waypoint setting. The solution suggested by the DJI people is to increase the seperation between neighbouring waypoints.

Angle too Big
The maximum allowed change in camera direction depends on the seperation between neighbouring waypoints. The further they are apart, the larger the angle allowed. There is a rule in the app that the camera direction delta between two consecutive pictures cannot be too large or the resulting hyperlapse footage will look jerky. This puts a limit on the total change in camera direction in going from waypoint 1 to waypoint 2. The larger the waypoint seperation, the more the number of pictures that will be taken in between hence the larger the angle change allowed.

2020-10-16
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

mavic_user Posted at 10-16 17:50
Angle too small
This warning only shows up when the previous waypoint is very close to the one being defined. It's so close that the app considers them to be the same point. When two neighbouring waypoints have the same position but differ only in the camera direction, the drone will hold it's position and just pan the camera from the direction defined for waypoint 1 to that for waypoint 2 when taking pictures. Apparently the app assumes that some minimum number of pictures will be taken between the two waypoints / camera directions. If the angular difference is so small that the angle delta betwen consecutive pictures is smaller than the step size of yaw control, the app will consider the mission to be inexecutable and reject the waypoint setting. The solution suggested by the DJI people is to increase the seperation between neighbouring waypoints.

Thank you so much for the explanation , hopefully DJI can fix this
2020-10-17
Use props
danbo98042
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107149 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem. I have tried to use the advice in this thread but I can't make sense of it when I am trying to set waypoints. Can anyone offer some tips or examples? (Like how far apart your successful waypoints are? Or the angles that work from one waypoint to the next?)
If you wanted to set four waypoints in a square with the camera pointing to the same object at each waypoint - how would you do it? I would really like to see. a video of someone with this problem and how they adjust things to make it work.
Thanks!
Dan
2021-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules