Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 falling from the sky
12Next >
8990 50 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
faj221
Second Officer
Flight distance : 608566 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

[size=14.6667px]My new Mavic 2 zoom had complete failure yesterday during flight. There was no warning and it dropped from the sky at 140 M. The battery was at 20 % happened in a clear sky. This happened on the 6th flight, I have been flying drones for the last 2 years. I have emailed DJI Support and said they will get back to me, I'll Keep you posted. The recording stopped within a second after the failure you can see the footage here.

2018-9-12
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Captain
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Strange! Hope you get it fix soon. This remind me of my MA's accident when running out of battery and drop like a brick!
2018-9-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

That is hectic, hope Dji resolves these issues quick.
2018-9-13
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

are you sure you didn't hit a kite or a bird or something?
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2018-9-13 00:22
are you sure you didn't hit a kite or a bird or something?

Yep, It was like in 100 M in close range. there were no signs of birds or anything.
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

Suren Posted at 2018-9-13 00:16
That is hectic, hope Dji resolves these issues quick.

Yep, I hope so.
2018-9-13
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

well i see a kite in the air on your footage and even on google maps there are kites in the air (and like 20 in a tree?). i hate kites. reason i didn't fly in bali that much.
did you recover your drone or is it still in the water? did you recover the flight log from the flight from the remote? ( )
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2018-9-13 00:32
well i see a kite in the air on your footage and even on google maps there are kites in the air (and like 20 in a tree?). i hate kites. reason i didn't fly in bali that much.
did you recover your drone or is it still in the water? did you recover the flight log from the flight from the remote? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reRVldRx9Rk )

Yep, there was 1 kite in the sky as you see in the footage which I was aware of. Yes the controller data has been sent to DJI
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

I got the response from DJI and very happy with their Customer service

"我們已經為您數據分析完畢。分析結果顯示該事故屬於保修範疇,我們將為您免費提供一台Mavic 2 Zoom整機"
"we have completed your data analysis. The results showed that the accident belongs to the category of warranty, we will provide you with a Mavic 2 Zoom machine"

XD
2018-9-13
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Sorry to see you drone drop so dramatically.

But hey, its so nice with the Flight Recorder and its so obvious that something totally messes with your drone.

I am sure when DJI has gone thru your logs, that they will present you with an explanation what happend.

Have you tried analyzing the logfiles yourself ?
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

TonyFonagerDK Posted at 2018-9-13 00:41
Sorry to see you drone drop so dramatically.

But hey, its so nice with the Flight Recorder and its so obvious that something totally messes with your drone.

yes I tried to analyze my self and with some help from Mavic piolets forum

The eventLog stream indicates a problem with the right ESCs.
1242.028 : 67859 [L-ESC]ESC3 link down||
1242.033 : 67859 [L-ESC]ESC0 link down||
1242.047 : 67860 [L-FMU/MOTOR]esc err, status:0
1242.047 : 67860 [L-FMU/MOTOR]fault on , esc(1) is disconnect
1242.047 : 67860 [L-FMU/MOTOR]fault on , esc(4) is disconnect
1242.047 : 67860 [L-FDI][CTRL]: fault on , tilt_ctrl_fail

- Also, it can be seen that the status of the rBack motor changed at this time
- The accelerometers show a relatively small change - the Z axis accelerometer goes fro -1 to 1 while both the X and Y axes remain stable.
- eventLog stream shows problems with both the right ESCs is consistent with and ESC problem, not a motor problem

Thanks to @budwalker for analyzing the logs
2018-9-13
Use props
Thriller
First Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Happy to hear that you’ll fly again soon. Did you rescue the drone or it is still in the water?
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I managed to get your case number/ticket number and I will make a follow up on the team who is handling the case. I will notify you if there's an update about your case.  Thanks for your support.
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-13 01:08
Our apologies for the inconvenience. I managed to get your case number/ticket number and I will make a follow up on the team who is handling the case. I will notify you if there's an update about your case.  Thanks for your support.

That will be very helpful.  
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

faj221 Posted at 2018-9-13 01:11
That will be very helpful.

I'll give you the update as soon as possible.
2018-9-13
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think this is mavic 2 number 4 or 5 that has gone down

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-13
Use props
Gregbella
Captain
Australia

Let us know what they say happened
2018-9-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-13 01:37
I think this is mavic 2 number 4 or 5 that has gone down

Fly safely

Agreed. Think it is the fourth MP2 I've seen on the forum where it falls out of the sky without any warning. Definitely holding off on considering going to MP2 until all these issues are resolved.
2018-9-13
Use props
Danveal
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

faj221 Posted at 2018-9-13 00:39
I got the response from DJI and very happy with their Customer service

"我們已經為您數據分析完畢。分析結果顯示該事故屬於保修範疇,我們將為您免費提供一台Mavic 2 Zoom整機"

Hi,
Happy that the fault has been recognized. Has the drone fallen into the water? If yes, did you manage to recover it?
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Danveal Posted at 2018-9-13 02:36
Hi,
Happy that the fault has been recognized. Has the drone fallen into the water? If yes, did you manage to recover it?

hi, I couldn't recover the drone from the river. Which makes it harder to find the cause of this Issue.
2018-9-13
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

CASE UPDATE -

I just received an email from DJI Support: following is the translated message

"Data analysis is to be responsible and accurate positioning problems, if they are a non-human problem within warranty, we will provide warranty service to you based on the results of the analysis. Very sorry can not provide specific data analysis reports to you. About your case, the accident may be due to a motor does not respond well to the instruction at the time, leading to an imbalance in the body caused by, but failed to obtain the airframe for further positioning, we consider the customer experience, to provide you with a free treatment program "
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2018-9-13
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Congrats on drone replacement. Fly safely from now on
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_RxnS2MSbVj4d
Flight distance : 4744 ft
United States

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2018-9-13 00:32
well i see a kite in the air on your footage and even on google maps there are kites in the air (and like 20 in a tree?). i hate kites. reason i didn't fly in bali that much.
did you recover your drone or is it still in the water? did you recover the flight log from the flight from the remote? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reRVldRx9Rk )

They requested the .dat file from my RC as well but the file is encrypted. How will we know whether they tell us what really happened or not? How sure are we that they won't alter the file after they decrypt it?

and why in the world they encrypted it?
2018-9-17
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Makes me nervous flying with my M2 Zoom now, I will keep it on the shelf for a couple of weeks, see if more of these issues are reported
2018-9-18
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

djiuser_RxnS2MSbVj4d Posted at 2018-9-17 21:41
They requested the .dat file from my RC as well but the file is encrypted. How will we know whether they tell us what really happened or not? How sure are we that they won't alter the file after they decrypt it?

Looks like DJI obviously don't want all the data to be public. APP data can be read by any user but for RC I hope  there is much more data involved

Probably DJI doesn't want speculations based on RC data and basically, you need to trust DJI with the process. So far I had a good experience with the support.
2018-9-18
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

djiuser_RxnS2MSbVj4d Posted at 2018-9-17 21:41

Looks like DJI obviously don't want all the data to be public. APP data can be read by any user but for RC I hope  there is much more data involved

Probably DJI doesn't want speculations based on RC data and basically, you need to trust DJI with the process. So far I had a good experience with the support.
2018-9-18
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-9-13 01:13
I'll give you the update as soon as possible.

Could you please help me get a status update?

I was told a new one will be shipped. But haven't received any details on it. Seems very slow
2018-9-18
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Obviously a problem that is acknowledged by the manufacturer.

DJI do not usually ship a replacement without the hardware being recovered.

At least you get a replacement, so better luck with the new one

It appears that DJI's customer service is improving - That is nice to know!
2018-9-18
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

So you did not recover the drone and DJI still gives you another one!?
That’s great news! Congrats!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_RxnS2MSbVj4d

Because the DJI can't figure out what happened next they just offer a 30% discount. NO WAY. If you can't figure it out, why not just make your customer happy. It was my first drone and I was so excited about it.

I knew that this thing may happen that's why it took me a week of watching beginners guide videos before I even opened the box.

in my case, the battery popped off and they said the log got cut off so they don't know what happened next. OF COURSE, the log was cut, the battery popped off. and yes i installed the battery properly. i know i need to hear it click. it was the 3rd flight in about 10 minutes. the first two flights was successful with no issues. that's why i went for the 3rd one.

Also, they asked for the RC Data which I provided. I was gonna look into it too but the file is encrypted. How can I be sure their findings are accurate or not altered? Me and another expert tried to decrypt it but it's so difficult.

if there's a DJI people here please review my case more. I need your help. I need a totally free drone using my Refresh.

Case #: CAS-2234603-V1Q7H9
2018-9-19
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

djiuser_RxnS2MSbVj4d Posted at 2018-9-19 13:34
Because the DJI can't figure out what happened next they just offer a 30% discount. NO WAY. If you can't figure it out, why not just make your customer happy. It was my first drone and I was so excited about it.

I knew that this thing may happen that's why it took me a week of watching beginners guide videos before I even opened the box.

Sorry to read that
What drone was it?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
faj221
Second Officer
  • >>>
Taiwan

Sorry to hear, was it Mavic pro 2?  

If so, this is the first time I hear about battery drop on Mavic pro 2.

Hope DJI gets back to you on this case
2018-9-19
Use props
Oracle008

faj221 Posted at 2018-9-19 19:13
Sorry to hear, was it Mavic pro 2?  

If so, this is the first time I hear about battery drop on Mavic pro 2.

Thank you. I hope they will be more considerate. They didn't find an error fault so it must be in the aircraft that they can't find.

on the 3rd flight, the battery started at 100degrees F and in less than 4 minutes, it went 107Degrees. The battery may be able to withstand the heat as others said but the latch/lock that's suppose to lock the battery in place may warp that causes the battery to popped off. it hurts when i saw it from my very eyes about 300ft away. it's on it's way home after i pressed the RTH button. i didn't do anything else except watching it approaching. and then the traumatizing thing happened. I wish I can fly that very moment.
2018-9-19
Use props
Oracle008

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-19 15:24
Sorry to read that
What drone was it?

Thanks. the Mavic Pro 2
2018-9-19
Use props
KlooGee
Captain
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can upload the log from your phone to the following site.  Then copy the resulting URL here into this thread and I'm sure you'll have several members willing to look into it and provide their opinions of what can be seen in the logs.

http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/
2018-9-19
Use props
Oracle008

KlooGee Posted at 2018-9-19 19:49
You can upload the log from your phone to the following site.  Then copy the resulting URL here into this thread and I'm sure you'll have several members willing to look into it and provide their opinions of what can be seen in the logs.

http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/Upload/

Thanks. I will. it's already in the Airdata.com though.

here: i have 3 flights that day. it's just like 15minutes span for all three

first successful flight. just hovering and landed for testing
https://app.airdata.com/share/oKiNco

2nd successful flight, went out about 500ft and came back. landed successfully
https://app.airdata.com/share/vZWkMm

3rd, the crash
https://app.airdata.com/share/LPXwxi
2018-9-19
Use props
Oracle008

the fact that the records stops suddenly is an indication that the power got instantly lost. that there is a problem somewhere which is still unknown. i also provided the video cache and it's so clear there was nothing like birds or anything that the drone hit. it was a very clear path.

even the video cache of the last flight started late and ended about 10 seconds before the crash.
2018-9-20
Use props
Droneit Group
lvl.1

Australia

20% unlucky, hope it gets sorted soon
2018-9-20
Use props
Oracle008

Did i mentioned this released have a lot of issue. not to bash the DJI but more of info for them to know and sort these problems.

this time around his MP2 got controlled by another pilot and vanished.

2018-9-21
Use props
Oracle008

oh sorry he crashed it. i saw the follow up video. somebody else was flying a similar drone and he thought it's his.
2018-9-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules