Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
fly more kit price
12Next >
2304 43 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9c587856
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48110 ft

Hi all i have just noticed the fly more kit went up in price from €319 to €379 plus the battery went from €119 to €139 why is this

2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience. After the price adjustment, if you want to purchase extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice. For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com
2018-9-13
Use props
Thriller
First Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Uff... I made my order of the kit fly more just in time last week
2018-9-13
Use props
DH_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

This is ridiculous seems that DJI doesn't have good pricing strategy/policy. But we will definitely have "sustainable quality experience" for 60 EUR difference.
2018-9-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Glad that I had ordered mine right away with the aircraft.
2018-9-13
Use props
1px0ff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

Wow.  this is terrible.  $119 for the battery is already borderline offensive pricing, then bumping that price up even further? Bad move DJI
2018-9-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I wonder if it is a reflection of tariff increases unilaterally set by current USA government ?
2018-9-13
Use props
1px0ff
Second Officer
United States

"Together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience"

Basically DJI didn't do their math right
2018-9-13
Use props
FlySD
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-13 07:12
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Together with channel partners, DJI evaluates the aircraft’s, handheld gimbal products’ as well as accessories’ product strategies and pricing system on a regular basis. This reasonable price adjustment will provide customers with a sustainable quality experience. After the price adjustment, if you want to purchase extra batteries, propellers, chargers, and portable bags, the Fly More Kit is still the ideal budget choice. For more information about the Mavic 2 products and accessories information, please go to store.dji.com

BS response and BS price increase.  I guess I will hold off on those extra batteries now.

Not your fault Admin, but feel free to pass along our discontent.
2018-9-13
Use props
fans9c587856
lvl.3

Hi, i have been looking at all the videos on Youtube  on the Mavic pro 2 and the Mavic pro 2 zoom, getting my self ready to buy, but was thinking of using my DJI vouchers to buy the fly more kit at €319 it was good value but now its not Sorry DJI i'll hold off
2018-9-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is another sign that DJI believes people have way too much money on their hands.
2018-9-13
Use props
FlySD
Second Officer
United States

fans9c587856 Posted at 2018-9-13 08:20
Hi, i have been looking at all the videos on Youtube  on the Mavic pro 2 and the Mavic pro 2 zoom, getting my self ready to buy, but was thinking of using my DJI vouchers to buy the fly more kit at €319 it was good value but now its not Sorry DJI i'll hold off

This post needs to blow up. This is a slap in the face to people that want to upgrade their drones that they just shelled 12-1400 dollars for.

2018-9-13
Use props
1px0ff
Second Officer
United States

FlySD Posted at 2018-9-13 08:27
This post needs to blow up. This is a slap in the face to people that want to upgrade their drones that they just shelled 12-1400 dollars for.

I agree.  This is really insulting.  Especially since it looks like all the price increases are just for the mavic 2
2018-9-13
Use props
FlySD
Second Officer
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2018-9-13 08:33
I agree.  This is really insulting.  Especially since it looks like all the price increases are just for the mavic 2
"STRATEGY"

Sales: Mavic 2's and accessories are flying off the shelves.

Leadership: Oh crap, we should have charged more.

Communications and Marketing: Maybe they won't notice if we put a larger price next to the increased actual price.

2018-9-13
Use props
Hedsic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 478757 ft

In defense of DJI(and I can't believe I just said that sentence).

They have always listed the Flymore Kit as costing more and that it was on sale for $319. I can't say the same about all of the other accessories that went up in price though.
2018-9-13
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-13 08:21
That is another sign that DJI believes people have way too much money on their hands.

I think same way too, since the people are grabbing every new model again and again and grow up their fleet
2018-9-13
Use props
1px0ff
Second Officer
United States

FWIW the flymore combos are still at $319 on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... DKIKX0DER&psc=1
2018-9-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-13 09:16
I think same way too, since the people are grabbing every new model again and again and grow up their fleet

I don't know why they would release the Combo at 1 price and then raise it on the other hand days/weeks later?

Either the numbers run were done wrong, or what? Somebody screwed up?
2018-9-13
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Thank goodness I purchased the Fly More Kit when I did!!

I am almost certain this price increase is due to the tarrif. Pass the hike to the customers. But then again, EVERY business does this.  **Shrugs**
2018-9-13
Use props
fans9c587856
lvl.3

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-13 10:03

I am almost certain this price increase is due to the tarrif. Pass the hike to the customers. But then again, EVERY business does this.  **Shrugs**

Hi if it was the Tariff wouldn't the Mavic pro 2 go up as well
2018-9-13
Use props
daishi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-9-13 10:03

If it was due to the tariff, the increase would just be for the US and not worldwide...

Luckily my kit is already here.
2018-9-13
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Batteries are now $140 - $120 was bad enough!
2018-9-13
Use props
Zatx
First Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Glad I ordered three extra batteries the night before the price increase!

This sounds more like a cash grab because demand is higher than they forecasted than someone didn't have the profit margin figured correctly.
2018-9-13
Use props
El_pierre
Flight distance : 1568 ft
Belgium

Maybe if DJI could first fix the bugs (soft footage on m2P, way too warm colors, no precision landing, no atti mode - i know that's not a bug but still, Crystal Sky compatibility) and after that adjust prices, maybe that would be more understandable? Bad move imho.
2018-9-13
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Captain
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prices for UK also gone up for Battery from £109 to £129. Flymore kit from £279 to £339.
2018-9-13
Use props
Fraggboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

daishi Posted at 2018-9-13 10:23
If it was due to the tariff, the increase would just be for the US and not worldwide...

Luckily my kit is already here.

Maybe they are doing it Worldwide to offset the Tarrif AND do some price gouging (supply in demand)???

I honesrly don’t know and I doubt we will ever know.  

It just SUCKS!!
2018-9-13
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
First Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans9c587856 Posted at 2018-9-13 08:20
Hi, i have been looking at all the videos on Youtube  on the Mavic pro 2 and the Mavic pro 2 zoom, getting my self ready to buy, but was thinking of using my DJI vouchers to buy the fly more kit at €319 it was good value but now its not Sorry DJI i'll hold off

You can't use the vouchers for M2 equipment anyway. They only apply for 'old stuff'.
2018-9-13
Use props
fans9c587856
lvl.3

Yes I realise that, that’s how I discovered of the price hike,€20 on a battery,and €60 on the fly more kit, it’s more like see the bigger price, than see the bigger picture, don’t get me wrong I like DJI they make excellent products and I love there drones, but a price increase within 3 weeks without saying anything, if there was a price drop we would have got a notification of some sort, not good enough
2018-9-13
Use props
sinloi
lvl.4
United States

Best Buy hasn't raised their prices. Neither have B&H or Crutchfield - but they've no stock.
2018-9-13
Use props
Pequod.
lvl.3
Australia

Almost all accessories went up in price, Fly More Kit went from 549AUD to 649AUD.
Most retailers still have it listed for $549 here, better grab one while you can
2018-9-13
Use props
jasoncopter
United States

Retailers still have it at old pricing for now.

E.g.:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dji ... 516.p?skuId=6271516
2018-9-13
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I think the word Trunk has to do with the USA side of it. I'm done with ...
2018-9-13
Use props
Packer Backer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240948 ft
United States

1px0ff Posted at 2018-9-13 09:33
FWIW the flymore combos are still at $319 on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNF5XPS/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

$27.00 tax on it ... :/ at least for Texas
2018-9-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Even the price of the osmo mobile 2 went up from $125(not sure how much before) to 139$
2018-9-13
Use props
Surface2Air
First Officer
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Bump - raising the prices post launch is a bad look
2018-9-13
Use props
fans9c587856
lvl.3

https://dronedj.com/2018/09/13/dji-mavic-2-fly-more-kit-price/amp/
2018-9-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-9-13 19:29
This has nothing to do with any tariff. That is why DJI raises their prices in all their markets- not just the United States. It’s just DJI being a sneaky unethical Chinese company. Could you imagine Apple suddenly raising the price of a product a couple weeks after it was released? Obviously not.

"Could you imagine Apple suddenly raising the price of a product a couple weeks after it was released? Obviously not. "

Give them time, if the tariffs continue they will have little choice in the matter:-

https://uk.reuters.com/article/u ... riffs-idUKKCN1LO0SX
2018-9-18
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOLA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried to order extra batteries with the Drone, but they weren't in stock (even shortly after launch). Now with this price hike, I'll wait. I think it's an issue of supply verses demand and that the prices will (hopefully) regulate when the demand settles down. Certainly when the 'next' thing comes out and eyes are turned away from the Mavic 2, the prices will drop. Until then, I'll fly for 30 minutes at a time. I don't usually fly longer than that at one time anyway.

Bad company practice, that's for sure.
2018-9-18
Use props
Mabou2
First Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW: with all respect to DJI, don't buy the flymore kit. I just received mine today.  Yes, I calculated that the bag was inexpensive when I tallied up the components cost individually vs this kit, but I wish I hadn't even wasted $40 on this bag. I guess I'm the fool because I bought it without any real information about the pack (no info available on the website or at B&H).  I thought I was buying a smallish backpack (with all the accessories).  What you actually get is a tiny bag that has inconvenient pockets, not enough room to store the Mavic 2 Pro with the props installed, (barely enough room for the Mavic Pro 2 even with the props removed), and a terrible divider system that buries the batteries in the bottom of the bag (requiring you lift a panel to get to the batteries).  There is literally no room for the charger (unless you don't mind crushing your gear together), no room for the 4 way charger, no room for the prop guards, and a lousy location to store extra props that could bend them over time.

Not only all of the above, you are expected to jam your M2P into a way-too-tight space, nose down on an un-padded bag bottom.  there is literally no padding around the M2P, and it is locked in place by a bag that is too small, so any crush or hit to the side of the bag will directly transfer that impact to the M2P.

I hope DJI lets this post stay as a service to its clients.

This bag really is a misstep by DJI.  Look elsewhere if you are looking for a pack tol take good care of your  investment..
2018-9-18
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1398376 ft

To compensate for the DJI select 20% discount on accessories that will soon be available on M2 accessories.
2018-9-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules