Tile on Spark
2213 9 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kparrish18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404232 ft
United States

I just received my replacement Spark from warranty after I lost my orignal drone because of a fly-away situation.  I have ordered a Tile Sport to affix on the replacement Spark.  For those of you who have done this where did you affix it to on the Spark?  Feedback is much appreciated!
2018-9-13
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

As the Tile works via Bluetooth I think this is generally regarded as a bad idea. I originally attached a Tile to the bottom of the Spark using velcro on the battery, but took it off after getting "weird" behaviour. It could be coincidence, but I'd ratehr not rtisk it.
2018-9-13
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's one mounting location that might work for you:

2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Please be careful of installing third-party accessory to the drone as this may cause a problem during the flight on your aircraft. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I have mine gsm gps tracker attached with Velcro to the bottom to the battery as is shown in post number 3.

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-9-13
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

I was wondering if this would work, Tile isnt very reliable and sometimes the range doesn't work.
2018-9-13
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think you want to attach anything to the Spark, given it has such a small body. Anything could cause interference and other unforeseen issues?
2018-9-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I have 0 interference with my gsm gps tracker attached to my spark!
All is good! And the range is endless, wherever there’s gsm coverage!

Fly safe all
Alex
2018-9-14
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

StarFishUK Posted at 2018-9-13 07:04
As the Tile works via Bluetooth I think this is generally regarded as a bad idea. I originally attached a Tile to the bottom of the Spark using velcro on the battery, but took it off after getting "weird" behaviour. It could be coincidence, but I'd ratehr not rtisk it.

think you may have covered the sensors...
2019-1-29
Use props
Mister Cee
lvl.2

United States

The new Tile Pro uses Bluetooth 5.0 and is touted as having a 400' range. Even if you cut that number in half, that's still very useful for setting off an audible alarm to pinpoint the exact location of a crashed drone after using the DJI Go4 app to get a rough estimate of its location.
2020-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules